Open GL Driver for Video Card

LightningSmurf

For what it's worth, I have just brought City of Heroes back to live on my old Lenovo T430 with Intel HD 3000 on Windows 10 1909.

Used the 1903 ADK and fixed the path from /tequila/homecoming.exe to /tequila/hc-bin32/cityofheroes.exe - followed the other steps to the letter.

Hope that helped.

• 2 months later
2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Is there anyone who has successfully used the shim method to get the game running on an Intel HD 3000 or similar chip, and is willing to help me test a different method that may be easier for new players to use?

@Adurias or @LightningSmurfperhaps?

Mind you, I'm using my GTX 970 now a days, but my 3770k ran the game just fine on live without any adjustments. Granted, I was still running Win7 and 16Gb RAM. I'm in the process of migrating everything to my Win10 SSD install on the rig, but a little config adjustment here and there and I could test in time.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

14 hours ago, Number Six said:

Is there anyone who has successfully used the shim method to get the game running on an Intel HD 3000 or similar chip, and is willing to help me test a different method that may be easier for new players to use?

@Adurias or @LightningSmurfperhaps?

Yeah sure - just send me a PM - BTW: I've been successful in using a 64bit shim as mentioned by GM Tahquitz as well.

Edited by Adurias

• 1 year later