Where are you now?

I was just thinking, when I started playing this with my wife I was still in my late twenties or early thirties, delivering pizza and not much else. Here we are ten years or so later, still married but with two mostly grown kids, finished some degrees and working as a cataloging librarian. I'm sure life got better for some, worse for others, but we've all probably changed a good bit since this game stopped. So where were you then, and where are you now?

I started as a pizza delivery driver/Best Buy Geek Squad CIA, single, bored, and lonely. I didn't know who or what I was.

Now I'm a professional computer programmer, with twin six-year olds, and a loving wife.

A decade can sure change your lifestyle.

I'm out.

I started as a pizza delivery driver/Best Buy Geek Squad CIA, single, bored, and lonely. I didn't know who or what I was.

Now I'm a professional computer programmer, with twin six-year olds, and a loving wife.

A decade can sure change your lifestyle.

Props to former delivery drivers turned info and tech professionals. I think I finally feel like an adult, and learned to let of some of the piss and vinegar of my youth.

I stopped when I was in high school and working part time as an auto mechanics assistant.

Since then I have recieved an undergraduate degree in accounting, an MBA in capital markets, and have been a licensed CPA for almost 2 years now. Working as a senior accountant for a great company.

Of course my education/career successes are nothing compared to meeting and marrying my awesome wife and having the most wonderful little girl in the world as my daughter. 

Back in 2004, I was 32 years old. At the time, I was an author for well over a decade already, worked in comic books and television, and had just entered the table-top role-playing game industry. Matter of fact, it was with a product line for the Mutants & Masterminds Second Edition license, and many folks in my Virtue SG joined because they were fans and knew me from the M&M forums.

Later, I licensed the Savage Worlds RPG, which is under Pinnacle Entertainment. Pinnacle is owned by Shane Hensley, who did most of the mission writing for City of Villains and used the Prince Mako name. Got to know him, as well as some other folks that worked on CoX.

Fast-forward, and I'm now 46 years old. Still an author, but retired from table-top and all other game related work in summer 2017. As of 2019, I returned to fiction full-time.

During the CoX days, my kids were all kids, too. Now they are 26, 21, and 19 years old, with the youngest being the only "kid" left. He's 9 years old.

Well, I was in my upper 30's at launch and had owned and run a video production company since 1985.  Currently I'm no longer in my upper 30's :P but I still own and run the same company so not a lot has changed.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

I was 42 when CoH came out, a former US Navy Engineer and later DOD civilian contractor in New York. I was on disability after a stroke. I could communicate only in sign language. My wife and I had been together for 21 years and adopted my orphaned nephews, but could not legally marry.

Now after a lot of hard work, therapy, and more meds than I can remember I can walk, talk, and sing again. I'm still disabled, but I can at least get around, we're legally married, and have moved to Arizona. My sons became a retail regional manager and a budding young rock star about to sign with a label.

All in all, not too bad.

I started playing mid 2005. I was fourteen years old!

I had so much downtime to play. This game damn-near ruined my GCSEs  ;)

Now, I manage Learning Support provisions across a college, and barely have time to even log on.

But I'm so happy to be playing this game again!

I got the game and the first three months subscription as an Xmas gift in 2005 at the age of 16, during the first year of my A-levels.

Now I'm 30, professional metallurgist with a masters degree, and a homeowner (which is pretty uncommon for my generation).

I was pushing fifty when the servers went dark.  In my late fifties now.  Got two (out of four) more kids through college.  Still running the same one-man consulting business I was then.  Two more grandkids.  So I haven't changed much, but things around me have.

Life is water, not stone.

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.

I was in my early 20's and in the US Army, single, and living in Hawai'i when I first started playing this game.

Now I'm older (of course), have been with my significant other for 10 years, and work as an overnight baker doing a job I love.

Life is fun and leads you all over in places you wouldn't have guessed.