Empyrean Merits

Mageman

With Empyrean Merits, you should also be able to purchase a Notice of the Well (Rare - 8 Empyrean Merits) and/or a Favor of the Well (Very Rare - 30 Empyrean Merits).

As a separate, but similar suggestion, the ability to convert one Empyrean Merit to 10 Incarnate Shards and/or convert two Incarnate Threads to one Incarnate Shard.

I think it would make more sense to just get rid of the shard-based Alpha components entirely.  It's a relic of the introduction of Incarnates on live, and the plan of allowing people to build up their Alpha slots using components that dropped in normal content before they moved on to real Incarnate-level content.  Since threads now drop everywhere on HC the shard system has been rendered largely pointless, unless the devs have a plan to make it relevant again.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Conversely, I'd be perfectly happy if they dumped Shards completely.

• Like 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

Conversely, I'd be perfectly happy if they dumped Shards completely.

+1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Shards seem to drop at a slower rate, and the components they make takes about half as many - that's why the conversion is less.

Now if they drop the shards completely, convert each shard to two threads and each salvage the ability to "Side Grade" each one into a component made with threads without costing threads to do so.

* Don't forget to change the Shard drops into a drop of two Threads....

Edited by Mageman
* Added as part of an edit.

Shards are still a better option for making the t3 Alphas. The only problem I see is that when they made threads drop from all content, they didn't do the reverse and make shards drop from incarnate content, so you have to keep doing normal content at 50 to be able to take advantage of the t3 Alpha thing.

Edited by Vanden

20 hours ago, Mageman said:

With Empyrean Merits, you should also be able to purchase a Notice of the Well (Rare - 8 Empyrean Merits) and/or a Favor of the Well (Very Rare - 30 Empyrean Merits).

As a separate, but similar suggestion, the ability to convert one Empyrean Merit to 10 Incarnate Shards and/or convert two Incarnate Threads to one Incarnate Shard.

Not needed. You can craft all alpha slot abilities using either shards or threads. If you use threads, you can use empyrean merits to produce the rare and very rare components.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller