The lesser of 2 evils?

Mansome

One my biggest gripes about CoV was that you just were not evil enough. You basically played sidekick with the heroes when you had no other choice like with the Rikti invasion, incarnates, ITF but never really forcing the heroes to be sidekicks to the villains. As I stated before with villains there was only one story arc I can remember from live, the one where you poison the food, you just did not do stuff evil enough. Well what about this instead? Instead of villains being forced to save the world because it would be a huge inconvenience to them being dead but make it so the heroes have to commit a crime or something morally bad because the alternative of not doing it would be worse. Not sure how you could write this into a story but make it where at the start of the Strike Force heroes are forced into the choice of doing something bad as a way to prevent something really bad from happening. You could add a badge to this, like call it Crossing the uncrossable line badge. During the first part of the strike force you get this badge it forces your alignment to change to vigilante. Later in the strike force it changes you to full villain if you did not start out as a villain. This would allow you to travel on villain side to do the door missions of the SF so you are not confined to a neutral zone. The SF/TF reward at the end along with merits is you choose your alignment again.

Lets say after the last incarnate trial a depowered Tyrant has been locked up. You have to raid various magical faction groups, murdering (not arresting) countless innocents just to obtain the magical artifacts to re-empower the Tyrant, and resurrect mother Mayhem as a zombie into Sister Psyche's corpse. You basically have to undo what was done during the incarnate trials because Preatorian hamidon has found a way to earth prime. The choice is live in a world with a revived Tyrant and friends or a world ruled/consumed by hamidon.

• Like 1

I've had an idea like this for an AE Story Mission, I've been loosely planning to name "The Good of the Many..."

Where there is simply not going to be a "and everyone lives happily every after" possibility.

Spoiler

Something where a decided innocent somehow gets a stabilized black hole inside them confined by highly unstable forces.

And you have to expel them across a Portal Corp portal, kicking and screaming, and leave them to die alone as it consumes the other dimension than, in order to save the earth.

However...um.... yea, I don't really know how to use AE and it's more of an "I should do this someday" than sitting down and really figuring it out.

Edited by MTeague

That is still a pretty good start. We need something darker though. Currently that is kind of what people are into these days with how all the movies are going. In Man of Steel millions die in the metropolis fight. And don't get me started with the whole Thanos snap thing of the MCU and how they undid it.  COH/COV could make an awesome movie universe if they stuck to the source material.

I couldn't support a TF that forcibly changes your alignment in order to complete it. If for no other reason than you'd forfeit your alignment power (if you earned one via alignment missions), and even if you immediately switched back to Hero (via Null) you'd still need to re-earn that power, which takes several days.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here.

On 4/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, Mansome said:

In Man of Steel millions die in the metropolis fight.

Yeah, but that movie wasn't very good and missed the point of Superman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

12 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Yeah, but that movie wasn't very good and missed the point of Superman.

Rocket Racoon saves more civilian lives in his films than Superman does in the Snyder films.  What's wrong with this picture? 

• Haha 3
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

38 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

Rocket Racoon saves more civilian lives in his films than Superman does in the Snyder films.  What's wrong with this picture? 

But Superman saved all the other civilian lives by stopping the alien device. Like, all the other lives.

2 hours ago, Vanden said:

But Superman saved all the other civilian lives by stopping the alien device. Like, all the other lives.

And Rocket helped undo the Thanos snap!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝