A mostly soloing Controller in PvP... Build?

Nerhesi

Hey folks... I just came across the fact that CoH is alive again and was thinking of playing again.  I had the fortunate and unfortunate experience of playing a Grav/FF controller back at launch.. then on and off. I found out that in PvP I was pretty much unkillable... but I generally couldn't kill much either (well... anything near optimized).

If I was looking at the most self-sufficient 1v1 pvp controller right now... would it still be dark or Psi primary, and Kin/Rad secondary? Or are those builds a bit dated now? If you would quickly tier list some combos for me for solo controller pvp, what would they be? 

Thanks 

The Issue 13 changes sort of wrecked solo Controllers to the point where they're pretty much a non-threat in a 1v1 situation these days.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 28JAN22)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

• 2 weeks later

Defense is not very good on ranged characters due to the DR curve that's applied defense. Tough is useful only if you don't have a resistance shield from your epic/patron pool; the additional PVP resistance you get from running tough on top of other resistances is really minimal.

• 11 months later