Dual Blades / Energy Armor

Slithershot

I've heard dual blades is way better on a stalker than anything else. I've also heard that Energy armor is one of the best stalker secondaries. 

Sounds like a great way for me to introduce myself into the stalker world for the first time. 

Here's my problem. I know generally the good attack chain for DB. I know next to nothing about energy armor as I havent touched one since live. As a result... I have absolutely zero idea how to slot this thing, or what incarnates would be best to take once I get her to 50. 

Anyone can help a sister out with some midas build ideas?

• Like 1

I've been playing one as well, but I'm too inexperienced with stalkers to offer much advice.  In fact, I've got a lot of questions myself.  Like is the Empower combo worth using? The few tidbits I've found tend to recommend skipping the combos all together aside from Sweep for a bit of AoE.

@SwitchFade  Awesome, thanks. That will at least give me a great starting point on what to look for. 

Would you recommend 6 slotting those attacks in general, or is EA a set that you'd want to actually put slots in the defensive set powers? I do like that there seems to be no shortage of defense debuff resistance in the armors, which I'm not used to having. 

Edited by Pizzamurai

1 hour ago, Pizzamurai said:

@SwitchFade  Awesome, thanks. That will at least give me a great starting point on what to look for. 

Would you recommend 6 slotting those attacks in general, or is EA a set that you'd want to actually put slots in the defensive set powers? I do like that there seems to be no shortage of defense debuff resistance in the armors, which I'm not used to having. 

You will 6 slot most of your attacks. I think ablating I have 5 slots with overwhelming io set in it for the ene defense. You will 5 and 6 slot defensive sets such as LoTG. You'll 6 slot Gausian's in BU eventually.

You will have enough slots to get everything you need 5-6 slot, including the heal and pool powers.

I highly recommend a build planner like mids reborn.

Edited by SwitchFade
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwitchFade said:

You will 6 slot most of your attacks. I think ablating I have 5 slots with overwhelming io set in it for the ene defense. You will 5 and 6 slot defensive sets such as LoTG. You'll 6 slot Gausian's in BU eventually.

You will have enough slots to get everything you need 5-6 slot, including the heal and pool powers.

I highly recommend a build planner like mids reborn.

Yeah I have mids. I was trying to find a build to get me started down the right path but db/ea is the first set I've ever wanted to play that I couldn't find one haha. Hence why I'm here 😅

I think I'm starting to get the hang of IOs enough to kinda muddle my way to a mediocre build out after your suggestions. 😁

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.1
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

So this is what I just came up with. Probably complete arse, but it's my first try lol. Didn't use any purple sets aside from the AT sets (which are easy to upgrade). So... there's plenty of room for improvement even just with what I've got there. Also, I possibly plan to use one of the new damage sets in energy drain, not sure yet. 

Edited by Pizzamurai

Well that's way different than what I had 😅

Gonna have to farm up a couple hundred million more influence and see if I can slowly work towards what you got there. 

With my mids build that I posted I'm really beefy and hard to kill (I focused on getting my defenses up first and foremost), but I eat endurance like the cookie monster eats cookies. That should get better once I get body mastery and such, but I really like the build so far. I was able to hang in there and do decent damage in a 4/8 red paper team. 

Think I'm gonna plug your information into a different roll-up and see how they compare to see if I'm finally getting the hang of making a halfway decent build from scratch. I really appreciate the run down 🙂

Thanks for the solid advice, SwitchFade.  I can already notice the difference when foregoing the Attack Vitals combo for my heavier attacks.   It's a shame that the combos don't offer more utility for the cost of performing them.  It really shows that they were designed with the slow Assassin's Blade in mind.  It's probably something the devs wouldn't consider with so much on their plate already, but I'd love to see the combos reordered with the consideration that AB can be used mid-combat now.  Thematically, Attack Vitals would align well as Ablating Slice > Vengeful Slice > Assassin's Blade.  Cut through their defenses, put them in a vulnerable position, and exploit their weaknesses.  Empower would now work better completely reversed.

I'm glad I can be effective without them, but a bit disappointed that I won't be using them often.  It seemed like a fun mechanic that perhaps works better on other ATs.

If you have the cash and follow the slotting and levels of powers, this build is incredibly tough by lvl 30, has high recharge and huge damage. I was at +3 from about 25 on. By mid 40s and perma hasten, it's a death machine.

I just finished a Yin TF at 19 minutes. Last night on a team of 8 hunting AVs I took down infernal while the rest of the team was on Diabolique, and I didn't use any pets. Same group, killed marauder before the team could get to him, and at the end of the arc I was holding Olympian aggro while everyone cleared the room and had him to half health when they joined me.

End isn't an issue once you have your energy drain, and at 35 with energize, you have self heal and end discount.

The build is super fun. The only toon I think that can out DPS would be a STJ stalker, but not much.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 9:12 AM, SwitchFade said:

If you have the cash and follow the slotting and levels of powers, this build is incredibly tough by lvl 30, has high recharge and huge damage. I was at +3 from about 25 on. By mid 40s and perma hasten, it's a death machine.

I just finished a Yin TF at 19 minutes. Last night on a team of 8 hunting AVs I took down infernal while the rest of the team was on Diabolique, and I didn't use any pets. Same group, killed marauder before the team could get to him, and at the end of the arc I was holding Olympian aggro while everyone cleared the room and had him to half health when they joined me.

End isn't an issue once you have your energy drain, and at 35 with energize, you have self heal and end discount.

The build is super fun. The only toon I think that can out DPS would be a STJ stalker, but not much.

I've never done high level content so I was wondering is lethal damage a source of frustration at those levels?  I hear about every enemy except carnies have it especially bots and wonder if it makes a noticeable difference?

On 4/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, wildifire1 said:

I've never done high level content so I was wondering is lethal damage a source of frustration at those levels?  I hear about every enemy except carnies have it especially bots and wonder if it makes a noticeable difference?

I'm wondering that as well, just hit 50 on my DB/EA, I'm wondering how this build holds up at 50

• 3 weeks later

See the source image

Just rolled up a DB/EA after tinkering with and playing. Building a DB/EA is over all a seesaw of Recharge vs Resistance. On one end Dual blades needs the recharge to play effectively combo or not. The more rech you have the easier the attacks play through. On the other hand /EA on a stalker is boarder line op and with enough tinkering you can cap S/L/F/C/E/N at 75% while maintaining 55% def cap.  This is where it gets rough. To get res cap you sacrifice the recharge. What ends up happening is how much recharge do you need to play your attack chain and I think that just come with playtime. Still working it out ill post one (any epic) of the 75% res cap if anyone want to build off of. When I figure out the middle ground ill let you know. Still just feeling Dual blades out fun smooth animation quick attacks. Its a exciting combo and  visually good looking combo.

Spoiler

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(15)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def(11)
Level 4: Power Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blades -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(7), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Arcane Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- PndSlg-Stun%(A)
Level 16: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Ablating Strike -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Hct-Dam%(21), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(23), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Kinetic Dampening -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-EndRdx(21), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), TtnCtn-ResDam(34)
Level 22: Disrupt -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(27), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(33), Obl-%Dam(36), Erd-%Dam(37), ScrDrv-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 32: One Thousand Cuts -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dam%(34), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Arm-Dmg(40)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(42), DmpSpr-Rchg(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(45), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(48), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(48), UnbCns-Hold(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
------------

Edited by Ironscarlet
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

See the source image

Just rolled up a DB/EA after tinkering with and playing. Building a DB/EA is over all a seesaw of Recharge vs Resistance. On one end Dual blades needs the recharge to play effectively combo or not. The more rech you have the easier the attacks play through. On the other hand /EA on a stalker is boarder line op and with enough tinkering you can cap S/L/F/C/E/N at 75% while maintaining 55% def cap.  This is where it gets rough. To get res cap you sacrifice the recharge. What ends up happening is how much recharge do you need to play your attack chain and I think that just come with playtime. Still working it out ill post one (any epic) of the 75% res cap if anyone want to build off of. When I figure out the middle ground ill let you know. Still just feeling Dual blades out fun smooth animation quick attacks. Its a exciting combo and  visually good looking combo.

Reveal hidden contents

Villain Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7

Level 50 Magic Stalker
Primary Power Set: Dual Blades
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Sorcery
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Power Slice -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(9), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprAssMar-Rchg/Rchg Build Up(15)
Level 1: Hide -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(3), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def(11)
Level 4: Power Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(5), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(5), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17)
Level 6: Assassin's Blades -- SprStlGl-Dmg/Rchg(A), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg(7), SprStlGl-Rchg/Hide%(13), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprStlGl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprStlGl-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Arcane Bolt -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 12: Mystic Flight -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- PndSlg-Stun%(A)
Level 16: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Ablating Strike -- TchofLadG-%Dam(A), GldStr-%Dam(19), Hct-Dam%(21), TchofDth-Dam%(23), Hct-Dmg(27), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(33)
Level 20: Kinetic Dampening -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(A), TtnCtn-EndRdx(21), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(33), TtnCtn-ResDam(34)
Level 22: Disrupt -- RzzDzz-Immob%(A)
Level 24: Rune of Protection -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg(25), TtnCtn-ResDam(25), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Sweeping Strike -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(27), FuroftheG-Dam/Rech(33), Obl-%Dam(36), Erd-%Dam(37), ScrDrv-Dam%(37)
Level 28: Energy Drain -- Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(A), Rct-ResDam%(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def(31), EndMod-I(31), EnrMnp-Stun%(50)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(34), UnbGrd-ResDam(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 32: One Thousand Cuts -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), Arm-Dam%(34), Erd-%Dam(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), ScrDrv-Dam%(40), Arm-Dmg(40)
Level 35: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(42)
Level 38: Weave -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(39), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(39), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 41: Moonbeam -- DmpSpr-Rchg/EndRdx(A), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg/EndRdx(42), DmpSpr-Rchg(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb(43), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(45), DmpSpr-ToHitDeb/Rchg(46)
Level 44: Shadow Meld -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(46), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Soul Storm -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), UnbCns-Dam%(48), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(48), UnbCns-Hold(48), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(50)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Assassination 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Ageless Radial Epiphany 
Level 0: Invader 
Level 0: Born In Battle 
Level 0: High Pain Threshold 
Level 0: Marshal 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
------------

Uh, energy aura is all typed defense, I think while you can get solid resist to some types, the point of EA is defense.

The build above is pretty much unkillable, as the typed defenses are all over softcap.

With a self heal and that kind of defense, there's no need to worry about resists more than what is in the build I posted .

DB absolutely needs 170% recharge, because with that the attack chain I listed hits 450-500 dps, it's massive. If you look at pylon times it's near the top, maybe out done by STJ. I can take down AVs with no summons or pets, as the build can eclispe AV Regen

Edited by SwitchFade

• 2 months later
On 4/18/2020 at 4:22 AM, SwitchFade said:

Power slice

6 slot - full assassin's mark set

Hide

2 slot - 1 LoTG 7.5 & 1 shield wall 5% res

Ablating strike

5 slot - overwhelming force 5bpoece, no kb proc

Kinetic shield

6 slot - fill reactive defense set

Assassin's blades

6 slot - full stalker's guile set

Build up

6 slot - full Gausian's set

Entropy shield

1 slot - io end redux

Combat jumping

1 slot - 1 LoTG 7.5%

Power shield

5 slot - 5 piece LoTG, leave out end/rech

Super jump

1 slot - winter set 20% slow resist

Kinetic dampening

2 slot - 1 steadfast protection 3% def & 1 glad armour 3% def

Hasten

3 slot - 3 lvl 30 recharge redux io's (so you can exemp)

Tough

4 slot - aegis (res/end, res/rech, res/end/rech, res)

Sweeping strike

6 slot - 3 piece eradication (acc/rech, acc/dam/rech, acc/dam/end/rech) & 3 piece cleaving blow (acc/dam, dam/end, dam/rech)

Energy drain

1 slot - 1 piece LoTG 7.5%

Weave

6 slot - 5 piece reactive defense (leave out scaling dam res) & 1 piece LoTG 7.5%

1k cuts

6 slot - obliteration full set

Energize

6 slot - preventive medicine full set

Superior conditioning

1 slot - 1 piece perf shifter chance for + end

Physical perfection

1 slot - 1 piece numinas +Regen/+recovery

Maneuvers

6 slot - red fortune full set

Tactics

6 slot - adjusted targeting full set

Assault

1 slot - lvl 50 end redux

Health

2 slot - 1 piece panacea (+HP/+end) & 1 piece miracle (+recovery)

Stamina

2 slot - 2 piece perf shifter (endmod/+ end)

Incarnates

Alpha - musculature radial Paragon

Interface - diamagnetic radial flawless

Hybrid - assault core embodiment

Destiny - rebirth total radial invocation

Build details:

I don't copy and paste mids, we should all have to work it a little to appreciate the intricacies.

The slotting is done this way so that as one levels up, there's max utility, for example weave will only have 1 slot at lvl 30 (the LoTG 7.5) and pick up 3 more at 39 and 2 more at 40 for the 5 piece red fortune.

Always plan slot progression to get 5 sets by lvl 33 so you have set bonuses early.

Both health and stamina need those sets by lvl 21 and 34 for end management

Energize doesn't need slots until the 40's

Build up (9, 17, 37, 37, 37) only needs 3 slots (1 at 9, 1 at 17) for 3 rech redux, converting to Gausian's when you add 3 more slots at 37

Tough doesn't get slots until (40, 42, 42)

Hasten gets 2 slots at 23

Hide gets the extra slot at 42

Kinetic shield ( 9, 13, 31, 31, 33) has 3 Defense io's converting to the full set at 33

Power shield (14, 17, 19, 33, 33) has 3 Defense io's converting to 5 piece LoTG as noted above

Power slice (1, 3, 5, 13, 25, 25)

Ablating (3, 5, 11, 15)

Assassin's blades (7, 7, 11, 15, 21)

Sweeping strike (27, 27, 29, 28, 31)

You have most sets in attacks by 25 and 31 as above then:

1k cuts (34, 34, 36, 36, 36)

Attacks all set by 36

Read through and walk through mids following this, and it will make more sense than a Data dump, you'll start to get how build theory gives each level and slot placement maximum utility at early levels, bringing online defense and sets so you can really have fun by lvl 23, then 30, then 36, then onward.

By the time I got 30, this set was rolling at +3/2 with ease. Stalkers want to solo at high lvl with less foes, we're boss killers; eventually +4/8 in the late 30's because this build is kitted for straight murder.

This build has been so much fun for me. Quick question - did you do Reactive Defense or Red Fortune in weave? I plan on trying both out if you don't answer, but trying to save a little money if possible. 🙂

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later

@SwitchFade quick question. I have a dual blades/EA scrapper and have been toying with the idea of a stalker. On the scrapper I can keep two stacks of blinding feint permanently which adds a nice damage boost. And I can use the attack vitals combo. 

Based on the wiki it looks like I wouldn’t be able to use the attack vitals combo as a stalker. Based on my mids builds the scrapper just hits so much harder on everything except for assassins blades. 

Im not sure if you have a scrapper version as well, but I’m just wondering if you think having access to assassins blades makes up for the loss of blinding feint + attack vitals + higher damage modifier all providing a consistent high damage bonus to the scrapper. 

10 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

I have both and the short version is... The stalker is leaps and bounds more dps. You don't need combos, although one is built in with optimal attack chains. This is due to how hide, assy blades, rehide and crits work. It's astounding 

I believe I included the attack chains, which will have one combo inherent when BU is up.

Using the slotting recommended and the attack chains, the output is just stunning. I can demonstrate for you in game, or if you have played on excelsior and seen the toon,

Paper Lotus... 

That's me.

Thanks for the answer. I knew that in most every situation the stalker will do better damage due to assassins blades/focus and ATOs. It’s a no brainer on the normal sets that have build up. I just wasnt sure about dual blades due to blinding feint + attacks vitals in addition to the higher damage modifier.  

I’m glad to hear that it does better. Now I don’t feel bad about making one 😁. Just didn’t want to get one leveled and kitted out just to leave it to rot while I continued to use my scrapper. I have some slightly different slotting in my build, but I think it will probably be similar in performance to yours. It’s just hard to see the difference in mids as mids shows superior damage on everything for scrappers. 

Thanks again!

Edited by Saikochoro

• 3 weeks later

@SwitchFade, how important are you finding taking the Body Mastery pool for your ancillary, in terms of end management? I was thinking of going with Soul Mastery instead, to pick up a ranged attack and a defensive cooldown for when Psionic damage rears its ugly head.

I planned to put and extra slot into Stamina and Health, and add Numina’s and an extra End Shift to bump those up, but haven’t done that yet. I’m still early in the building process - I have most attacks slotted, but that’s about it - and Endurance issues are hitting me hard. When I’m not exemplared, Energize and Energy Drain do a decent job of filling me back up, but each fight is an endurance free fall. Will filling out the build help with that, or have you been finding that you really need the extra endurance and recovery from Body Mastery?