Widow endurance issues

I'm leveling a melee widow right now currently @ lvl 30. I love the playstyle, but I'm having serious endurance issues. Unless I get lucky on my teams and have a Kineticist, Empath, or another endurance granting support user, I'm usually out after one fight. I'm very poor and have no money for any kind of expensive IOs or anything of the sort. Any ideas how to best handle this?

50 Kinetic Melee / Regen Scrapper  🐊

50 Pain Domination / Fire Defender  🍰 

On 3/16/2020 at 10:43 PM, Redlynne said:

Level 2:    Health    
 (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance: Level 10
 (17) Miracle - +Recovery: Level 20
 (27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

Level 2:    Stamina    
 (A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50+5
 (9) Performance Shifter - EndMod: Level 27
 (19) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End: Level 21

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Not if you're selling your merits and other drops. There's a guide on the forums to making money that goes into a lot of detail. Also, if you're using sets in your powers you can get a lot of endurance reduction without compromising their effectiveness.

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

7 minutes ago, thunderforce said:

Not if you're selling your merits and other drops. There's a guide on the forums to making money that goes into a lot of detail. Also, if you're using sets in your powers you can get a lot of endurance reduction without compromising their effectiveness.

Could you link that guide for me?

I run my Fortunata (AoE, Control, Range) with just:

My Night Widow (Melee, perma-Mind Link on auto) runs with

(27) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery: Level 30

(A) Endurance Modification IO: Level 50+5

I want to note that lvl 30 is the point at which you get extra slots for powers to work on IO sets, or just to slot endurance reducers. You should also be able to get a couple of accolades to help with Endurance.

Edited by tidge

27 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Just looking at the names, I feel like those are pretty expensive. Are they not?

Expense is relative.  You're paying for the expense "once" per build.

At most you're spending 50-100 Merits to buy from the Merit Vendor ... or spending INF to either buy the recipe or the enhancement from the market.

However, once you have them, they last the lifetime of the character.

IifneyR.gif

5 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

At most you're spending 50-100 Merits to buy from the Merit Vendor ... or spending INF to either buy the recipe or the enhancement from the market.

I mean I 100% feel you, but I was asking for any advice or solutions before that point. Even 1 million influence is a LOOONNNGGG time away and some of these sell for ~20 million for one.

36 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I mean I 100% feel you, but I was asking for any advice or solutions before that point. Even 1 million influence is a LOOONNNGGG time away and some of these sell for ~20 million for one.

Widows do suck up endurance. While levelling, putting endurance reduction enhancements in your main attacks helps a lot - widow toggles use very, very little endurance so reducing them has less of an impact. It's one of those things that sort of rights itself when you get into IO sets.

Edited by Gulbasaur
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

25 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

One of the solutions to that problem that I've used is getting Inner Inspiration (for free from the P2W vendor) which then allows you to create 3 medium to large inspirations every 30 minutes ... which can then be sold on the auction house.  The mediums don't sell for much (usually) but the large one do, and over time you can (slowly) accumulate INF just by popping that every half hour or so.  If you've got lots of alts (I've got 9) you can round robin log in to all of them and do this, so I can sell up to 27 every 30 minutes or so and then just pool the INF later via sending in-game emails to my global handle and then pulling the INF from all of those emails onto the character I want to be the beneficiary.  Not as fast as other schemes for playing the market, but it is a way for you to accumulate 1 million INF before reaching Level 10 with relatively little difficulty, since it's a Slow But Steady scheme that gets you something for nothing (basically popping Inner Inspiration every so often).

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

35 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

One of the solutions to that problem that I've used is getting Inner Inspiration (for free from the P2W vendor) which then allows you to create 3 medium to large inspirations every 30 minutes ... which can then be sold on the auction house.  The mediums don't sell for much (usually) but the large one do, and over time you can (slowly) accumulate INF just by popping that every half hour or so.  If you've got lots of alts (I've got 9) you can round robin log in to all of them and do this, so I can sell up to 27 every 30 minutes or so and then just pool the INF later via sending in-game emails to my global handle and then pulling the INF from all of those emails onto the character I want to be the beneficiary.  Not as fast as other schemes for playing the market, but it is a way for you to accumulate 1 million INF before reaching Level 10 with relatively little difficulty, since it's a Slow But Steady scheme that gets you something for nothing (basically popping Inner Inspiration every so often).

That's a good idea! I take Inner Inspiration on my toons, but never thought to sell them. Thanks!

19 hours ago, Redlynne said:

But don't buy with merits and don't buy recipes. Buy attuned enhancements.

19 hours ago, Strawberry said:

I doubt 1 million is a long way away. It's two pieces of orange salvage. I'm willing to bet at level 30 you've had considerably more than two orange salvage drops.

Edited by thunderforce

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

5 merits can earn you 1mil easy, but at the same point, looking for a cheap way to fix your end problem would probably be putting in 3 lvl 30 or 35 end enhancement IO's in Stamina and 2 or 3 in each power if you can fit it until you earn enough money that you can make your final build.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:00 PM, Strawberry said:

Even 1 million influence is a LOOONNNGGG time away and some of these sell for ~20 million for one.

You can buy Enhancement Boosters from the merit vending machine for 5 merits that sell for about 1,500,000 inf each. You get 8 merits from Positron TF part 1. Money is extremely easy to get and you should have no problems what so ever getting the money you need just by doing TFs and selling off the merits like this.
The only expensive one he listed is Panacea, which goes of around 10 million. Miracle, Performance Shifter and Numina's Convalescence also give +end procs and are all around 2-5 mill each

Edited by Seigmoraig