Any plans to add a Test Server?

To test what?

Formerly of Virtue, now on Excelsior:

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

Hello Mjolnerd,

Hope you are well.  When the game was live there was a Test Server that had the beta of the next patch running on it for testing.  Also, you could transfer a copy of your characters to the server to test out new builds before taking them live.  They would also host special events on the Test Server so that anyone from any shard could participate.  Overall a very handy service.

Later,

Mr. Igneous

I'm curious about this as well. I'd suspect that they'll start with a beta server... but probably keep it behind the scenes just for their group to start. In fact, I'll bet they already have one and are using it. The question then is... will they ever make it "public"?

I'm out.

To test what?

Basically this. Until the development team has something they want to test run with the player base, I don't see a reason for a test server. There's no talk of I26, of new power sets, of new game mechanics. At least, not publicly facing talks. So no need for a test server at this moment for them to gather data from.

As for testing out builds for your toons...

DgumwLj.jpg

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

And an alarmingly formal posting format to you as well, sir!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlNrAHkWQjPeA199oxJjzqZcOjSXqLWHynTQjS5A71gWZlkJ8veg

Ace of Spades Adamant Eve | Arch-Rival The BeBlackbelt Citizen Arcane Core | Ctrl Alt Defeat | Daddy Longlegs Diamant Freak Accident Galactrix Great White Shark

Heavy Machinery Highway Star The Howl Inter-GalacticaIon Maiden Knockout Artist Krakatoa Night's Templar The Pact Paroled McDonald Virtual Boy Volcaniac White Widow Yucatan

And my most recent 50, Cyber-Security (Shield Defense/Street Justice tanker, 16 March 2024)

I've seen this before, especially from East Asians, when English is not their first language. I'm not saying that's the case with the OP, just that that's an interesting quirk that I've noticed with certain classes of non-native-English speakers... being aggressively formal so as to not offend.

I'm out.

I've seen this before, especially from East Asians, when English is not their first language. I'm not saying that's the case with the OP, just that that's an interesting quirk that I've noticed with certain classes of non-native-English speakers... being aggressively formal so as to not offend.

I like it!  But then again, I like a lot of things. 

Plus it would be nice to test builds on a separate server.  Or perhaps have a way to test out a power and trade it back in if you don't like it.  Not a complete respec but like a partial one.  But that sounds like an awful lot of work.  So does a test server.  If there isn't anything to test beyond our simple builds.

Face front, true believers!

Yeah, all glibness aside, the point of the old test server was for the developers to test things -- that we got to transfer non-permanent versions of our existing characters over and use it to try before we'd buy was a side benefit, but never the purpose. I don't see one happening in a version of the game with no active development.

Feels more like RP...

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Yeah, all glibness aside, the point of the old test server was for the developers to test things -- that we got to transfer non-permanent versions of our existing characters over and use it to try before we'd buy was a side benefit, but never the purpose. I don't see one happening in a version of the game with no active development.

This, until the game is at a point where they can start going from slicing spaghetti (code) to their own lasagna, then this whole thing is a test server.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I started up my own personal private 'server' just for this.

You can't copy your character over (from what I know) but you can use admin commands to instantly boost to 50 and give them whatever IOs etc you want. Great way to test things out, although a little more involved than the previous method. (Test server)