Soto's Sentinel Build

Big Soto74

I play on Excelsior and I have a love for Sentinels. I have accepted the fact they are not Blaster or Scrapper and I still just love to play them. I decided to post a screen shot of my favorite Sentinel's build. I am aware that my HP isn't that High, but with +408 Absorb I don't die much so it's okay with me. I am a few points shy of Max S/L resist and I am at soft cap s/l defense. I know that the Sentinel AT needs some work as a whole; however, I work with what I got. Below is a screen shot of my favorite Sentinel.

Peregrine Island 5_1_2020 9_17_46 AM.png

Peregrine Island 5_1_2020 9_18_16 AM (2).png

Peregrine Island 5_1_2020 9_26_01 AM (2).png

• Like 3

Gaussian's in Invincibility is f*ing brilliant!!  I can't believe I've overlooked that so many times.  I'm so used to tossing it in Aim, which is still a sound choice, that I completely forget that Invincibility on Sents is personal only.  

I need to try this! 😄 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldskool said:

Gaussian's in Invincibility is f*ing brilliant!!  I can't believe I've overlooked that so many times.  I'm so used to tossing it in Aim, which is still a sound choice, that I completely forget that Invincibility on Sents is personal only.  

I need to try this! 😄 

I first did this on my Spine/Invul Scrapper and eventually tried it on my Sentinel. When it procs, I could hit between 550-800 damage with Knockout blow. It does depend on the lvl of the enemy and Incarnates used, but when everything lines up it's amazing.

• Like 1

Its a really interesting idea when combined with Dual Pistols.  DP has no Aim/Build-Up and it can be a challenge to get both procs that do that into the build.  Tactics is a universal way to do it, but it can be a high endurance drag.  It's also not a great option for solo, but works well for grouping.  With Invincible working the way it does it may be a decent alternative to Tactics.  It may not work out as well as it sounds in my head, but I will likely give it a try on the test server.  It could also be potentially good for folks not pushing a lot of recharge in their build.  Aim should trigger it more frequently depending on how short cooldown is, but in some cases this may be a good alternative.  Its a lot of food for thought. 

• Like 1

Another thing I did was add Macro's that combine Small, Medium, and Large Inspirations and converts them to Reds. I also added a Fire Build Up Macro Icon that pops reds for me when I click it. It's little things I do that adds up. You could see in the 6th tray that has the red Icons that combines for each size.

Hydro Tray (2).png

• Like 1

We still need to get a sentinel run together for EVs MoITF. Last sentinel try was a train wreck. My rad/invuln fared well enough, and the DP/SR lived well enough, but the rest were dying like mayflies. It's rather shameful that an AT with a defensive secondary gets shown up by blasters in the survival sweepstakes. 

19 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

We still need to get a sentinel run together for EVs MoITF. Last sentinel try was a train wreck. My rad/invuln fared well enough, and the DP/SR lived well enough, but the rest were dying like mayflies. It's rather shameful that an AT with a defensive secondary gets shown up by blasters in the survival sweepstakes. 

We could try tonight. I really want to do that 🙂

Edited by Big Soto74

OK, I'm game for it tonight. We'll take you along Bill. We just need to pick a compatible time. I'd aim to shoot for the 5 man 30 minute one. Best if we all pick up all the SG boost before (never hurts to get every edge). 

I've got absolutely nothing planned today. 

Edited by drbuzzard

I think we need to pick a date well in advance so we can properly coordinate. Everything saying 'I can tonight' then gets read the next day since most people don't seem to read this every day (for example, I cannot tonight).

Well, even 'tonight' is kind of a nebulous term since we could have people in Hawaii 🙂

At about 5 pm mountain Time on Excelsior I am going to try and float a sentinel-only ITF. Not sure what the 'MO' part means, though.

Edited by Frostweaver

There's a guy (EV300 is his brute), who organizes them and keeps track of time records for them. MO means master of, so no temp powers and no deaths. For the current competition he runs with 5 players, 30 minute time limit, and no inspirations (in addition to MO).

Can't make tonight (MST) at that time.

Just for giggles, I cranked up a no temps, no deaths solo ITF at +1 (so they'd at least be even con) with my fire/bio sent. Took about an 1.5 hours and got the MoITF badge. Didn't realize until I was fighting final Rom that I had never turned on a bio adaptation. May spec up the build for more damage and try again at +4. Doubly amusing since I thought I already had the MoITF badge.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ironscarlet said:

Never played a Invulnerability Sent where is the absorb coming  from>?

Durability gives a small amount of +absorb every few seconds. It doesn't stack with itself, but effectively it works like +regen beyond your HP cap so it adds up fast.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 1:20 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Unsure. All I'm seeing is the +max hp from durability and dull pain.

In addition to what @nihilii stated, it also modifies endurance and can be slotted with those enhancements.  Durability is an awesome addition to Invulnerability which a lot of flexibility in its use.  It contributes to the 4+ endurance per second I get with my own /Invul Sent which is a feat the melee version can't do as easily.  On top of that I also get an absorb that refreshes itself when depleted?  Holy crap, yes please!  

The trade off Sentinels give for such an awesome power is the lack of mob scaling with Invincible.  Still, that power has a high base defense rating which can still allow for soft-cap builds or at least 32% to most things.  

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 4:03 PM, drbuzzard said:

Hey I was wondering what do you think of this build for the MoITF? It's kinda of a SenTanker build with taunt, but it also has Web Envelope to stop the AV's from jumping away.  I have Accolades and Incarnates clicked on since I have them already. The good think about this build is that it should work for any TF and not just the ITF.

1460733578_HydroSotoTaunt-Sentinel(WaterBlast).mxd-PinesHeroDesignerv2.22(DatabaseIssue_25-Updated_16_06_19)5_9_202012_37_45PM(2).thumb.png.85b51f906e826761b8afea46524cf9ed.png