Is Lightning Rod bugged ???

RCU7115

I was playing my Elec/Elec  brute and noticed that against +4/+8 mobs (no Bosses) that Lightning Rod was maxing out at 182 pts of damage. I was using Lightning Rod with my damage bonus around 180% and getting 170-172 pts. damage. I tried using Build Up with the damage bonus at 180% and did 182 pts of ddamage. I then tried Build Up and 4 med red inspirations the damage bonus was now around 300% and still did 182 pts of damage. 

1 hour ago, RCU7115 said:

I was playing my Elec/Elec  brute and noticed that against +4/+8 mobs (no Bosses) that Lightning Rod was maxing out at 182 pts of damage. I was using Lightning Rod with my damage bonus around 180% and getting 170-172 pts. damage. I tried using Build Up with the damage bonus at 180% and did 182 pts of ddamage. I then tried Build Up and 4 med red inspirations the damage bonus was now around 300% and still did 182 pts of damage. 

hmmm....sounds like the Global Bonuses are not being passed to the pseudopet. Can you try removing some of the damage enhancements to see if there is a change to Lightning Rod damage? It would be good to know if Lightning Rod is at least accepting Enhancements. You could even simply remove Musculature/Intuition Alpha to see this effect.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

I have the Unrelenting Fury (not Superiors yet) set in Lightning Rod. I took out 3 of the enh Dam/Rech,  ACC/Dam/Rech and the Proc. I  have an Agility Boost in Aplha and a Support Core Genome in Hybrid atm.

Lightning Rods damage with 3 enh from Unrelenting Fury vs +4/+8 (No Bossess) is 155 pts dam at 175-180% damage bonus with no build up or inspires.

Lightning Rod with Build up is 182 pts at 260% damage bonus is 182 pts.

Lightning Rod with Build Up and 4 med red inspires is 182 pts at 312% damage bonus.

Lightning Rod with several small and med reds dam 182 pts at 346% damage bonus.

Edited by RCU7115

10 hours ago, RCU7115 said:

I have the Unrelenting Fury (not Superiors yet) set in Lightning Rod. I took out 3 of the enh Dam/Rech,  ACC/Dam/Rech and the Proc. I  have an Agility Boost in Aplha and a Support Core Genome in Hybrid atm.

Lightning Rods damage with 3 enh from Unrelenting Fury vs +4/+8 (No Bossess) is 155 pts dam at 175-180% damage bonus with no build up or inspires.

Lightning Rod with Build up is 182 pts at 260% damage bonus is 182 pts.

Lightning Rod with Build Up and 4 med red inspires is 182 pts at 312% damage bonus.

Lightning Rod with several small and med reds dam 182 pts at 346% damage bonus.

hmmm... I am thinking that Lightning Rod (being a pseudopet) has a lower damage cap than a Brute (like 400% as opposed to 700%)...and you are hitting that cap with ease. If that is the case...dang, sucks to play Electric Melee as a Brute. Is Shield Charge the same issue, I wonder.

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 5/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, summers said:

Lightning Rod is a pseudo pet with a lower damage cap, so unfortunately is not at its best with a Brute

This has been a long standing debate on Scrapper and Brute forums.  

25 minutes ago, Crysis said:

This has been a long standing debate on Scrapper and Brute forums.  

In the Homecoming discord there were tests made that showed the maximum damage for Brutes was equal to the damage modifier given to pseudo pet. I didn't do the test, but the screenshots showed the numbers were perfectly matching.

7 hours ago, summers said:

In the Homecoming discord there were tests made that showed the maximum damage for Brutes was equal to the damage modifier given to pseudo pet. I didn't do the test, but the screenshots showed the numbers were perfectly matching.

I admit to being old school but I can’t seem to find anything using Discord’s search function.  Mind linking?

The last I remember reading about pseudo-pets was that when used by a Brute they didn’t benefit from Fury but they did from things like Crit’s.  Thus...point went to Stalkers and Scrappers.