Adrenal Booster Not Providing "Special" Buff

Lockdown Artist

Adrenal Booster from the new Experimentation power pool is supposed to provide +special, which includes a bunch of "+strength to..." buffs, like a mini power boost.  I can confirm that neither the heal or defense boost works, and I'm willing to bet the entire +special is broken.  It's easy to double check by turning on a defense toggle and then hitting Adrenal Booster.  No effect on the toggle's defense for the duration of Adrenal Booster.  

Anyone else able to replicate this?  Might be an easy fix for the devs if they notice this thread.

You'll be disappointed to know the +defense is not the same +defense you get from things like power boost and clarion radial. I don't recall what it affects off hand, but I believe it is defense debuffs and DDR.

It's important to keep in mind +Special is not standardized. It simply is a short way of saying this power boosts the strength of a lot of random stuff, but what that random stuff is can only be determined in the power description.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Huh, you're right.  Power boost adds "+% % to all defense" AND "+% % to defense", omitting the "all".  Whereas adrenal booster only provides "+% % to defense".  Still, this could hardly be more misleading.  Weak.  But at least that solves that mystery.  Thanks.

Apparently it is a stated-by-Captain-Powerhouse-on-the-forums-but-not-stated-anywhere-in-game design change that long-duration +special powers do not affect defense buffs. The only existing powers this applies to are Adrenal Booster (which additionally doesn't buff healing) and Amp Up.

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube