Quasar Knockback bug?

So I have the Overwhelming Force KB->KD proc in my Quasar (the whole set, actually) yet I am still getting tons of KB from it. This isn't against -20 minions in Perez either; talkiing about +0 though +4 enemies. Anyone else experiencing this?

2 hours ago, MaHaBone said:

I am still getting tons of KB from it.

Can you be more ... specific ...?

This is akin to saying "I can't fish!" ... which could mean anything from not having a fishing rod to using a brick for bait.

Are you "golfing" affected $Targets across the map or something?

spacer.png

What does "tons of KB" quantify as?

Does it happen to ALL $Targets simultaneously, or just a few (as in, 20% of those getting hit by Quasar)?

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I would say about 80-90% of my targets get significant knockback (ie. enough to be annoying to teammates) and you can probably discount the other 10-20% as targets missed or defeated by the blast.

They're not getting punted across the countryside, but again, they're getting knocked WAY more than I have ever seen with the Overwhelming Force proc in play.

Are you a human form Warshade with the KD proc in Orbiting Death? You might be stacking low mag KB/KD to the point where the enemies do get tossed a little. Just a theory. I’ve noticed it happening on some of my toons with those two procs/interactions in the build. For reference, I have a Warshade with the Sudden Acceleration KB->KD IO and never experienced what you are. I have not played that Warshade in months though. So maybe it is bugged right now?

55 minutes ago, MaHaBone said:

No Orbiting Debt -er- Death whatsoever.

Is the IO attuned? Or are you positive it’s the correct IO? Several times when I’ve gone from no IOs, to a full IO build via merits, AH bids, email, etc... something gets lost in translation. Actually, on my Warshade I had 4 out of 5 of the Avalanche set superior, I swore I did all 5. But one day (over a month later) I pulled up his final build in Mids and noticed his defense numbers were way off. Maybe check the build once over, you never know.

From an earlier time I made this note for myself:

This is an edge case for knockback and probably partly why Knockback, etc. is getting reworked. In Mids, Overwhelming Force incorrectly reduces knockback by 99% while ingame it reduces by 90% turning Quasar's 18.69 into 1.86 knockback, going over the knockdown cap of 1.67.

I believe the other KBtoKD works, but my memory isn't worth a damn so don't take my word for it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Hopestar said:

From an earlier time I made this note for myself:

I believe the other KBtoKD works, but my memory isn't worth a damn so don't take my word for it.

Ahhh, that looks like the problem. Thanks Hopestar! What is the source on that?

19 minutes ago, MaHaBone said:

What is the source on that?

Probably a typo in the "off by one" category.

You know how it goes.  Probably the easiest thing to fix the problem would be to edit the IO in the Overwhelming Force set to do -99% instead of -90% Knockback reduction.  Of course, it would take a Dev like @Captain Powerhouse to do something like that, but I figure changing a 90 to a 99 is within the sphere of what he's capable of doing.

IifneyR.gif

46 minutes ago, MaHaBone said:

Ahhh, that looks like the problem. Thanks Hopestar! What is the source on that?

Didn't write it down of course. Anyway, looks like that's how it is in Mids and I'm just thinking here, but putting it to 99% could make low KB numbers turn into 0 knockback if the system rounds under 5 to 0 so 90% might be intentional. iirc the new Knockback system is supposed to fix these problems by just making it turn into knockdown regardless the number.

OK, just tested this on my NRG blaster, who has a full set of Overwhelming Force in her Nova, and yep, Knockback City.  Which is strange, because the Overwhelming Force proc IS working in Bonfire on my other toons...

12 hours ago, Hopestar said:

putting it to 99% could make low KB numbers turn into 0 knockback if the system rounds under 5 to 0 so 90% might be intentional. iirc the new Knockback system is supposed to fix these problems by just making it turn into knockdown regardless the number.

Apparently it's too difficult to use a Clamp parameter in the math ...

IifneyR.gif

23 minutes ago, MaHaBone said:

OK, just tested this on my NRG blaster, who has a full set of Overwhelming Force in her Nova, and yep, Knockback City.  Which is strange, because the Overwhelming Force proc IS working in Bonfire on my other toons...

Mhm, Bonfire is only 6.23 KB so it goes down to 0.62 knockback.

• 1 month later

There certainly is some funkyness with Overwhelming going on but if you can, I'd give Sudden Acceleration's anti KB a go. On my PB build I was experimenting with for maximizing Force Feedback procs with KB conversion I've seen both mids and in game showing Dawn Strike (PB's Nuke) as having 30KB in Mids and 18KB in game but I can say I haven't seen it actually knock anything back. Only case I still had KB even with the conversion from Sudden Acceleration is Photon Seekers, which is believed to come from when they stack on each other all at once on a single target. I've also heard theories that Overwhelming is only a chance to convert the KB to KD but I can't say how true that is.

• 2 months later
4 hours ago, X-Rei said:

I noticed this too. I have all of Overwhelming Force in Nova on my blaster and it really seems like it's a chance to convert the KB to KD. I still send things flying when I use it. Not entire groups but close enough to be annoying.

Could it be the 20% chance for knockdown hitting some and thus taking the overall KB over 0.67, even with a 90% reduction?