Critical Strikes +50% crit rate IO misconceptions.

Camel

• 6 months later
On 5/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, Bopper said:

I'm no expert on this ATO, but my understanding is it is a 4 PPM proc for a 3.25s buff window.

The OP is right in their assessment though, you should look to optimize the uptime of the crit buff window, which could be done with attacks that are used frequently with less reliability as opposed to lesser used attacks with more reliability. Afterall, I've seen Katana use the proc in Gambler's Cut because it was fast, used every other attack, and the bigger attacks get the buff instead of GC. And thats something to consider too, don't waste the proc in an attack that you want to have benefit from the crit. So consider timing of your attack chain and figure out what powers you want to fit into that crit window for optimized DPS.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I've been trying to understand this for a bit. One of the things that's confusing me is that Mids says that it grants the power Critical Strikes for 0.5s, which makes it sound like, at best, you'll get one attack with it if it IMMEDIATELY follows whatever triggered the proc.

From what is being said here, it sounds like the best use of this proc is to put it in the fastest activating, fastest recharging power that you have with the intent that you'll follow it up with one of your bigger attacks so that it will benefit? I'm running a Katana/Will Scrapper and I figured I'd just put it on Gambler's Cut and set that to auto-fire.

11 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I've been trying to understand this for a bit. One of the things that's confusing me is that Mids says that it grants the power Critical Strikes for 0.5s, which makes it sound like, at best, you'll get one attack with it if it IMMEDIATELY follows whatever triggered the proc.

From what is being said here, it sounds like the best use of this proc is to put it in the fastest activating, fastest recharging power that you have with the intent that you'll follow it up with one of your bigger attacks so that it will benefit? I'm running a Katana/Will Scrapper and I figured I'd just put it on Gambler's Cut and set that to auto-fire.

Correct. I put it in FU for Claws. I stick the other proc in Spin.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

26 minutes ago, Story Archer said:

And it's not a half-second benefit, right?

The proc grants a power for 0.5 seconds. That power provides a 50% buff to the chance to critical for 3.25 seconds. Mid's is just picking up the first part.

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=boosts.superior_attuned_superior_critical_strikes_f.superior_attuned_superior_critical_strikes_f&at=scrapper

https://cod.uberguy.net/html/power.html?power=set_bonus.set_bonus.critical_strikes_proc&at=scrapper

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

That makes absolutely no sense to me but I'm going to take your word for it. Thanks to you - and everyone - for responding.

Or it is merely stating it flips the switch to grant a 50% buff for 3.25 seconds and simply don't read too much into the 0.5 seconds part. 

• Like 1

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."