What makes a good (four man) team?

Socks10

If I was to have a hand on a dream team of four (I do much prefer smaller teams but they seldom happen since people get bored) it would be:

- A Tanker. Any sort really. A tough ball of agro that pulls everyone in a pile. The difference between Brute and Tanker has shrunk by a lot and the wide AoEs make up for the lower damage.

- A /kin. Any sort as well. A Controller with a Tanker seems useless (IMO) so perhaps either MM for the extra damage or just a Corruptor and avoid the MM annoyances. Damage boost + recharge and fixing endurance woes + healing? Perfect.

- A Blaster. Killing half the spawn at the start eliminates a lot of hassle with problematic factions like Carnies and Arachnos and their blind spamming.

- A Scrapper/Stalker. Aimed at the tough targets so that by the time everyone has finished unleashing their AoEs and killed the soft targets the hard targets are down as well. Playing as Tanker with a small team of lowbies it was noticeable how we killed all the soft targets and then whittled the bosses away.

On 5/31/2020 at 9:47 PM, Six Six said:

I have a different angle on this.

I think what makes a team a "good" team is... wait for it... teamwork.

This.

Ill take 4 good players playing whatever they want over an ideal AT makeup with 3 people that dont understand game mechanics.

Pretty much every time I've been on a struggling team that can't quite get the edge over whatever hard instance, the problem has been a lack of control or debuffs.  Even when the aggro is managed, the AoEs and location effects can still hit everyone else. 

I stand by Control as one of the more important parts of this game, and debuffs are close behind.  Of course damage is also important, but that's just a how-fast-did-we-"arrest"-them factor.  Control/debuffs are the is-this-possible factor.

• Like 1

A good 4 man team.. there are so many variations of what would be a good team, which  is why I love this game. 

I think the ‘ideal’ would be a team that brought a wide variety of buffs and debuffs. With the right powerset you could do both.

Probably a Rad/Sonic Defender with the Leadership Pool would be the basis for any super solid steam. (Other blast sets work, but /sonic is a great damage multiplier)

Then to be honest it doesn’t matter what it teams with, the group would own everything. 

But if I had to pick, probably a controller with /Dark Affinity for a nice mix of defence/res/recovery/regen buffs, and more -hit, -res and -regen debuffs. Plus another good heal. Illusion primary would probably work nice.

Last two spots you’d want some good damage dealers. And maybe someone who could take a hit? I’m a bit indifferent there. With the illusionist you probably could just have 2 blasters as phantom army would tank, but players can be a bit more reliable.

Edited by Peacemoon

Retired, October 2022.

Fallout Engineer Rad/AR Defender || Peacemoon Empathy/Psi Defender || Svarteir Dark/Dark Controller

Everlasting || UK Timezone

Some may disagree with me but the 4 person team i would most enjoy would be 4 thugs/ MMs.    1 /cold 1 /therm and 2 /kins.   All pets are softcapped with high resists.  4 damage capped (or close) bruisers. At least 8 sets of leadership toggles on all pets..  Double speed boosted cold and therm can debuff to the stone age.   Also some healing just in case.