Married DUO - looking for growth more than end game

Natti

My wife and I recently returned to CoH on the Reunion Server.  We are casual players who are often content to get the chance to work together and seem to find the next set of ALT's more interesting than remaining max level.  With that in mind I am seeking good DUO pairs to grow up together.

Currently we are just 20 with her Inv / MA Tanker and my Ele/Ele Defender.  We are crafting our own IO's and have managed to get all the common recipes memorized up to 20 so far (in no small thanks to a couple of good drops that sold well on AH).

Seeking ideas for good DUO's that are fun to level and help each other, with out concern that they ever become good Farmers or Raid adds.  We only play PVE, so PvP is not important to us either.

Looking forward to hearing what might work well, and Thank you for any ideas you share 🙂

• Like 1

A pair of spiders? An Arachnos Soldier and a Widow. by level 10 or 12, you'll have double stacks of maneuvres (one from each) and by 20s, you'll have 4... both spiders can be built either melee or range, aoe or ST, so quite versatile. the lower levels are quite a slog alone, but fun with a partner (I often help lowbies from our all VEAT SG level up).

katana + archer is a nice thematic pair as well.

Dual Pistols + AR for a bonnie and clyde type of thing

😃

PS. I think it's awesome that you two play together.

• Haha 1

Beast/Ice Mastermind; ridiculous pet survivability, team buffs, and strong debuffs.  You can really crank the Ice shield fx down now so they don’t make your eyes bleed.

Dual Pistols/Super Reflexes Sentinel; arguably the best versions of both sets that combo into an insane murder machine.  You can get very strong Defense (buffed by the above Ice MM), get the best version of Suppressing Fire (cue Cyril Figgus), get Master Brawler meaning no redraw, and get Enduring to stack with Stamina.

These two setups are very strong on their own, but should utterly decimate stuff as a duo.

Fire and Ice, if you use the fire Swap Ammo.

• 1 month later

A pair of shield users works well, can be made as thematic as you want depending on AT and attack sets.  Grant cover means shield toons work well with other shield toons, and if you happen to be going through Croatoa content with a group of shield users, then the last mission with the redcap ambushes is at a point where everyone's got Shield Charge...

The Redcaps didn't enjoy that mission much, but it was hilarious for the rest of us 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later

Back when I was married, two combos the pretty much got my ex-wife and I all the way to 50 (and well beyond):

Fire/Fire Blaster and Invul/Axe Tank.  That's really just an iteration of the classic blaster/tank pairing (the sets aren't all that important).  We were literally designed to be complete compliments to each other - it was literally her job to burn everything down (very VERY fast) and mine to keep whatever she was setting on fire from touching her.  Heck, what got oddly fun is when she'd deliberately rush up to a large spawn, aggro them, and run away just to see if I could get them off of her before she bought it (which actually was very useful in tweaking the build to make a better tank) - and in case you are wondering, I never got any warning at all of when she was going to 'test' me.

Thugs/Poison MM and Sonic/Thermal Corrupter.  Really synergized well ... huge debuffing capability (combine poison with sonic attacks adding -res to everything) combined with thermal buffs and heals (and of course, the corrupter could attack with impunity thanks to the MM's ability to hold huge amounts of aggro).

Another thematic pair:  Plant/Thorn Dom paired with Stone/Stone Brute (think even nature/earth pair).  More fun for the theme than the actual capability, but it was that pair that taught her how much she loved dominators.

Just a few ideas based on ones we tried out and enjoyed (including don't discount the blindingly obvious pairings - that first one was not exactly creative, but it really was a huge amount of fun).

• Like 1

l recommend following Combo:

1. Tanker - Stone Armor/Savage Melee - takes Fold Space, Teleport, Combat Teleport. Indestructible, taunts enemies preventing them to cluck away. Should Warp forward & take aggro. Utilize Fold Space to group adds into a bunch.

2. Blaster - Fire Blast/Darkness Manipulation - after Tanker warps into the gang, uses Aim, then Soul Drain, effectively capping +DMG of most attack and then BOOM!!! Inferno -> into fireball -> into other splashes. Remaining Boss-classed enemies are going to be annihilated with Blazing Bolt & Blaze single target powers, ST powers also for AV and enemies those tend to stay at range when u fight AV (bosses or weren't warped to enemy for some reason).

l'm pretty sure there's no content that cannot be accomplished using this except for maybe Barracuda SF, where Reichsman sometimes uses intangible+selfheal combo, and only Masterminds and Defenders can stop him from heal. Then maybe Brute/Tanker+Defender or Brute/Tanker+MM combo, but that may become slower than Blaster on other content. Depending how much u want to duo Barracuda SF. Accounts get 1000 slots though, so there's always place for experimenting.

Btw.: why u're mentioning "wife" while having a girlie (or is that) on yer avatar?

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/