Add Electric Masterty for melee focused ATs

I would like to see an Electric mastery set introduced to Melee ATs, something that can add a bit of range to an Electric/Electric character. 

What this would entail I wouldn't know.  Maybe a ranged stun, a lightning bolt attack, a pet like Voltaic Sent (lesser version) and ball lighting.  

Any chance of this happening?

1 hour ago, BrandX said:

One doesn't have to RP their character as having done that.  Seeing as how those who do RP ignore stuff all the time when it comes to in game lore, that is easily one of them.

You don't even have to ignore all that much to RP that.  Just change your costume and think of a means of getting to the Rouge Isles.  You're mostly beating down villains with a few Longbow but if players can justify their killing of enemy mobs as "arresting", they can surely justify knocking out a few Longbow and sending them to their own med-bays in Nerva or wherever.

Whether it's just getting a scoop into the inner workings of Arachnos' forces or attempting to upheave their command structure from the inside, there's plenty of ways to work through doing these arcs while in-character.

17 hours ago, Neogumbercules said:

I think most, if not all, melee characters get access to Mu Mastery. You get ST ranged attacks, a snipe, a cone, an AoE immob, Targeted AoE, etc depending on your AT.

You do have to do a redside patron arc to unlock it though. 

Everyone can access Spoul Mastery, but they still have Dark epic sets blueside. I'm all for expanding ways to flesh out character concepts. 

2 hours ago, BrandX said:

One doesn't have to RP their character as having done that.  Seeing as how those who do RP ignore stuff all the time when it comes to in game lore, that is easily one of them.

That sounds like something only a villain would say.

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

That sounds like something only a villain would say.

And that sounds like something someone who ignores CoH lore all the time would say 😛

I'm not against an Electric Epic.  It'd give us a different power besides the Mu Summons, which could be nice.

Electric Fence

Tesla Cage

Lightning Bolt

Short Circuit

Ball Lightning

Pretty standard really.

On 6/2/2020 at 7:09 PM, Neogumbercules said:

I think most, if not all, melee characters get access to Mu Mastery. You get ST ranged attacks, a snipe, a cone, an AoE immob, Targeted AoE, etc depending on your AT.

You do have to do a redside patron arc to unlock it though. 

While this is correct, I do not feel it is a good choice for my characters, IIRC the lightning powers from the MU epics are locked as red, this will not match the color selections I have made.  Nor do I think that I should have to do a Patron arc to have this selection when if i want to take fire or ice I would not have to.

18 minutes ago, Ferrus_Xeno said:

While this is correct, I do not feel it is a good choice for my characters, IIRC the lightning powers from the MU epics are locked as red, this will not match the color selections I have made.  Nor do I think that I should have to do a Patron arc to have this selection when if i want to take fire or ice I would not have to.

They're not locked as red.  You can change them at ICON.  The only thing that's locked is the Mu Striker pet.  I have my Mu PPP characters with recolored attacks that are blue, white, darker red etc.

But to the topic at large: Sure, seems reasonable. But in light of the limited development resources, is this really something that should be prioritized when Mu exists?  What about the lack of Ice or Radiation APP sets for Stalkers/Scrappers?  Or the lack of Pistols/Gadgets APPs for melee?  There's a lot of other holes that exist that have zero alternatives, while electric already has Mu.  

Edited by Omega-202

18 minutes ago, Ferrus_Xeno said:

While I'd be all for expanded APP options, I will note that the Patron Pools, like the default APPs, have powers that can be recolored.

I know I'm going to sound a bit "bitter" here but... Electric-themed things are IMO getting too much focus. We have Electric Affinity, Mu Mastery, Electric Armor, Electric Melee, Electric Blast, many ATs have an Electric option outside of even Mu Mastery. I feel like the Electric themes in this game have gone overboard in favor of other themes. Earth/Natural/Nature based sets are much rarer by comparison and I'd rather flavors that are totally unexplored right now get added to introduce more variety and options. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeraphia said:

I know I'm going to sound a bit "bitter" here but... Electric-themed things are IMO getting too much focus. We have Electric Affinity, Mu Mastery, Electric Armor, Electric Melee, Electric Blast, many ATs have an Electric option outside of even Mu Mastery. I feel like the Electric themes in this game have gone overboard in favor of other themes. Earth/Natural/Nature based sets are much rarer by comparison and I'd rather flavors that are totally unexplored right now get added to introduce more variety and options. 

Agreed.  And that's coming from someone who regularly plays 3 characters rocking electric sets of some sort.  

Other thematic sets need love first.  The nearly complete lack of Earth/Nature sets is weird.  Where's Rock Blast?  Basically any Earth APPs, besides Controllers/Doms?  Earth Affinity? Wind Blast?  Wind Control? Water Control? Water Melee? Plant APPs?  

• Like 1