Crab Spider Packs

Ry

Small note (that has probably been mentioned before but here goes!)

Would it be possible to de-toggle (at least visually) the Arachnos Soldier crabpack if walk is applied with an Arachnos Soldier? Or would the code simply not allow that? 

I'm not sure myself but I think that would be easier to code  rather than making it a toggle. I don't know about the rest of you but I always found the pack on your back ALL the time a little bothersome, it looks great when I'm fighting but it can be hard to RP with. As I would rather have my character use it like power armour rather than go for the Doctor Octopus look. If this has been asked/answered before apologises for not noticing!

This isn't a major concern mind you, just curious more than anything. 🙂

Edited by Ry

A potential workaround which may be worth investigating (although the Homecoming Team tend to shy away from "clutch solutions" as a rule) would be to create a second inference of the Backpack mesh in the costume inventory, but have the textures all be transparent.  So, you're still "wearing" the Crabpack, but it's invisible.

Low overhead to implement, but would be an "unprofessional" fix to the problem.

• Like 1

The crab backpack has a number of issues. If you are a Crab you get a backpack on all your costumes, no matter what. Also there is almost no variety/color options for it. It could definitely use some extra types of backpack and coloring options of existing models.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zenblack said:

Also there is almost no variety/color options for it. It could definitely use some extra types of backpack and coloring options of existing models.

This is incorrect.

Go to the costume editor and look in the Backpacks and you'll see that there are 2 types of Backpack ... the Original, which uses default colors, and a second option that allows you to pick your colors (2).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

6 hours ago, zenblack said:

The crab backpack has a number of issues. If you are a Crab you get a backpack on all your costumes, no matter what.

That's not an 'issue', that's by design.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

Something can be by design and still be an issue.

You mean ... Working As Intentionally Designed ... but not how *I* want! ... ??

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

39 minutes ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

or shipping a product the way they intended it in an ideal scenario.

Even Blizzard can't manage to ship a product the way they intended in an IDEAL scenario ... and they delay ship dates.

IifneyR.gif

13 hours ago, ImpousVileTerror said:

I was thinking more in regards to the Developers having to make a call between shipping a product on schedule, or shipping a product the way they intended it in an ideal scenario.

True, though not relevant in this situation.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Funny I was hoping to get the Crab backpack on a non VEAT toon.