Fix for recent reported Crashing to Desktop

Solarverse

So I have noticed that other players have been reporting a lot of crashing to Desktop. I had been having the same issue so I dug in to finding a fix.

Okay, so I did a couple of things that have fixed it for me. Give this a try and see if it works for you. First, the history.

This was completely random when it happened. However, it happened much more often when I would dual box. So since I could get this to happen within minutes after dual boxing, it was much easier to pin point the cause of this.

This generated a code 1000 in the event report. The fix for this is to check for corrupted Windows files and run a Restore Health command. Apparently the latest Windows update corrupted a few files and needs to be corrected.

Here is how to do it.:

1. Open Command Prompt by typing in the windows search bar, cmd.
  2. Command Prompt should pop up as an option, right click on it and run as administrator.
  3. in the box, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
  4. allow it to run the full process and allow it to correct any errors found.
  5. Once finished, enter a new command, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and hit enter.
  6. Allow that to complete and then restart your PC.
  7. (optional) I went ahead and disabled Vertical Sync in the game options, mainly because it's not really needed. I did this as an extra precaution but may turn it back on at a later time.

Hope this helps with the crashing.