Do you like Mudpots

seresibyl3

It's pretty good on dominators since it got buffed to 15 ft radius.  If you can afford the end cost there's no reason not to run it if you can fit it in your build.  Free AoE damage.  I wouldn't put procs in it because the chance would be so low.  You're better off slotting it with sets.

Edited by josh1622

Well, Mud Pots has a larger radius so a lower chance to proc Fury, and it costs a lot more Endurance to run. For just the Fury, WoC is probably a better vehicle. Now, if you have mobs spread out a lot when you're fighting them, then maybe the larger radius of Mud Pots may be more effective, but generally I think the smaller radius is better since you'll move to get the more important targets into the AoE, and then you have a better chance to affect them.

22 hours ago, seresibyl3 said:

I dont have it in my current plant/earth, but just wondering if people like it? I dont see it doing a whole lot for the end, but it can do the -res proc... 

Yes.

On my Stone/Stone Domi on live.

Slow is always good.  The slower the mobs are to close down your Domi the better.

As for Procs.  Experiment.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael

I like Mudpots as a power.
I REALLY don't like the SFX for Mudpots though.
I have a general misophonia  to loud, breathy chewing sounds.
And the *SCHLORP* sound of Mudpots is close enough that it sets me off too...

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

It's surprisingly good mitigation.   Slowed critters seem to

On 6/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, seresibyl3 said:

[...] I dont see it doing a whole lot for the end, but it can do the -res proc... 

On 7/1/2020 at 8:27 AM, kiramon said:

I guess the range is there - 

for a slot thats just using really Fury of the Glad, would you prefer mud pots or World of Confusion?

I don't think either power is very good spot for the Fury -Res (or really any other procs that you aren't slotting just for the set bonuses...):

• Mud Pots should only have a 21.7% chance every 10s
  • Word of Confusion despite a much smaller radius is not that much better at 30.7% every 10s.

Mud Pots definitely feels worth having to me.    It's a Mag2 Immob and slow.    Slows seem to mitigate a surprising amount damage, because critters flip back and forth between wanting to run out of the slow and then wanting to attack whoever was slowing them....meaning they often  just indecisively run back and forth rather than attacking.   

Since proc chances are low, and toggles only trigger every 10s, I slotted Mud Pots just for set bonuses and put procs into other powers that either have better chances to proc and/or better than 10s cooldown.  

Even unenhanced Mud Pots slow stacks with any other slows you have.   Carrion Creepers have a good slow, and if you've taken Sleet you'll be stacking enough slow that critters can barely move near you...

Edited by Dr Causality
  • Thanks 1

Some good points there, Dr. Causality.

The chief point, slows mitigate incoming damage whilst the mobs 'panic' in trying to run away or wanting to attack the cause of their malaise.  That indecision buys you time as a Dominator to control, attack...control...attack...etc.

So that 'World of Confusion' proc seems to make sense to add to that 'malaise.'

Time is a very valuable commodity.  It can mean victory or defeat.

That's why slows are so important.  Immobs etc.  That could be the second or two you need...to unleash 'the gift.'

Azrael.

On 7/1/2020 at 7:23 PM, Hyperstrike said:

I like Mudpots as a power.
I REALLY don't like the SFX for Mudpots though.
I have a general misophonia  to loud, breathy chewing sounds.
And the *SCHLORP* sound of Mudpots is close enough that it sets me off too...

So you won't be sitting next to any noisy eaters in CoH?  You know, the superhero that eats toffee with their mouth open?  Or blows their breath out whilst eating...fast food..?

I can 'put up with mud pots but their incessant, rasping plopping and 'schlorp'...yeah.  I can 'see' how that would be annoying to some.  Luckily, we can turn down the sfx so they are less obtrusive.

Sound fx.  A very personal thing.  I never minded the ice blaster sfx...but my duo partner couldn't stand them.  I always thought they were subtle and low key.  He didn't like their 'swishhh......ft, ft....' sound.  *looks.

...for myself, the 'perma whine' of the Peace Bringer's power sets... ('urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...' etc.) 

Er...yes.  Back to the topic.  Mud Pots.  Unless you're trying to 'eat them' are very useful.  I had my mud pots on live Stone/Stone Domi.  Very end heavy.  But good to entangle mobs with slows.  It makes a difference to incoming damage.  And any brittle Dominator should have that in their defensive 'soft' armour.  It's another layer of defence.  Which then provides time.  To unleash?  Stone Spears.  Stone Hammer etc.  Adding Stalactites and Volcanic Rock to that mix and between them falling over, choking...the remaining foes will treacle their way towards you...right into a stone hammer...and seismic smash.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael