Elec Melee-Jacobs Ladder Skippable?

JnEricsonx

54 minutes ago, JnEricsonx said:

Just curious, since I figure I'm going to have enough global rech to make my other AOEs like Chain Induction and Thunder Strike as it pretty good in rotations.

It has pretty good DPA and on paper is pretty attractive.  Personally, though, I find lining up melee cones to be very awkward and ended up dropping it.  Between Lightning Rod, TS, CI and Ball Lightning, I never miss having Jacob's Ladder.  

• Like 1

Skippable, but difficult to make an attack chain without it. AS takes about 4.5 seconds to recharge and -something- needs to fill up. Chain Induction takes one second, AS takes one second, T2 eats a second and a half ish. The alternative is using the T1 or reaching for Cross Punch.

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

Skippable, but difficult to make an attack chain without it. AS takes about 4.5 seconds to recharge and -something- needs to fill up. Chain Induction takes one second, AS takes one second, T2 eats a second and a half ish. The alternative is using the T1 or reaching for Cross Punch.

With enough recharge, you're fine with CI, AS and one of Charged Brawl or Havoc Punch (better DPA vs more reliable assassination stacks and better Hide crit payoff, your choice), and at 40+ you have access to Zapp or Moonbeam to jack up your DPS.  At low levels, fill the gap with Kick/Punch if you need to.