Current Value of 100 Merits

Lockpick

3 hours ago, Chance Jackson said:

Can we get a summer pack of IO sets

This is pure speculation on my part, but there IS a Winter event coming up in a few weeks.  Let me put it this way:  I've been liquidating my supply of winter packs and winter IOs.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

57 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

This is pure speculation on my part, but there IS a Winter event coming up in a few weeks.  Let me put it this way:  I've been liquidating my supply of winter packs and winter IOs.

They DID say that they wouldn't be discounting them. 
Now whether that ends up true or not is a different matter entirely.

1 minute ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Aha!  Thanks for that, my speculation is unfounded!

They're playin' you! 

If you horde them they'll make them cheap, and say they just said that to run up the price and make it more special

If you offload them they're gonna leave them where they are, not special enough.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later

I've been playing around with some of the options, and my conclusion is that if you can net 20mm inf or above for 100 merits with a relatively quick turnover (here I define "relatively quick" as by next log in, so probably next day for a main alt), you're doing ok.

I'm having a bit of a harder time figuring out how to move large numbers (call it more than a thousand) of merits in that same sort of time period.  If I start monetizing merits, I would probably not do more than a few thousand a day, if even that many.

Who run Bartertown?

• 3 weeks later
On 7/5/2020 at 1:58 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

@Ukase is dead on.  I found that liquidating thousands of hero or winter packs exhausting and got to the point where I only onsell IOs and inspirations and everything else accumulates.  Even when I find I need converters or boosters or catalysts or unslotters, I can buy them on the AH from some other yahoo a lot cheaper than I’m able to sell them for.

And then there’s the altitis.  I like doing story arc content so have somewhere between a few hundred to a few thousand merits per alt, I’d guess.

Just as an general FYI, if anyone simply doesn’t want Super Packs because of the tedium of opening them, you are always welcome to send them to @Myrmidon and  they will definitely have a new home.

• Like 2

Playing CoX is it’s own reward