upgrading from Mids classic

cohRock

Hi.  I have a large number of saved characters from the old Mids, when the game was run by NCSoft.  I see that Mids Reborn loads them just fine.  I'm hesitant to use same directory to store new characters because I'd like to keep them separate.  Is there easy way to set new default directory, and should I bother?

* http://r0k.us/rock/games/CoH/HallsOfHeroes/

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

Depends on if you're playing on other servers. The Mids that is evolving here is based on HC. If you don't plan on going anywhere Else, then I'd just keep an archive just in case and then drop them into the default location as well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 1 month later

The save path can be changed in the Options > Configuration window, on the Updates & Paths tab.

9FPqIfY.png

To be honest however, there isn't a functional reason to separate them. Mids will only change those builds if you load them and then save them. overwriting the old file. In essence, other than for archiving purposes, they can live in the same folder safely. 😛

mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon