Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Advice

FunstuffofDoom

Hi!

Soooo, I just found out about Homecoming a day ago, and I've been all kinds of geeked out since. I loved City of Heroes, once upon a time, and was really kinda crushed when it went away. I'm looking to dive back in and re-live some of that magic, but, um, it's been seven years and I just don't remember things like I used to.

I was thinking of trying some of the new hotness, and Beam Rifle and Temporal Manipulation on a blaster seem really, really cool. Thing is, I can't really find much info on what I should be doing, except killing things until they're dead. I did find a build, and it looks like it generally follows the bits of advice I've seen here and there, but I wanted to play around and make it a bit more my own.

Specifically, I'm interested in upping the amount of defense this build is rocking, into something closer to soft-cap numbers. The problem I keep bumping up against is, I just don't remember enough about IO sets to know what's important to leave where it is, and what can be swapped out for something more targeted, to really stack those bonuses.

I'm not opposed to blapping, but I was kinda aiming for more of a ranger blaster vibe in my head - temporal manipulation seems pretty cool, but I'm also not married to it. I will note, I'm just not thematically interested in playing Devices or Tactical Archery. Sooooo, if swapping stuff or sets out really requires that, I'd rather fold on the softcap dream, instead.

Anywho, here's the build. I'd love to hear any thoughts on ways I can increase defense without tanking performance elsewhere, or, in the alternative, what kind of performance hit I'd be taking for that defense increase. I appreciate any thoughts y'all can share!

(Also, it's just really, really great to be back. Toodles!)

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Idle Solicitation: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Apc-Acc/Rchg(3), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(5), Apc-Dmg(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(9), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(11), Rgn-Dmg(11)
Level 4: Time Stop -- SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(A)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(17)
Level 8: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 10: Chronos -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(21)
Level 14: Fly -- Frb-Stlth(A)
Level 16: End of Time -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Arm-Acc/Rchg(25), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg(29)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42), Prv-Heal(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(31), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(36)
Level 35: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 38: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(A), PcnoftheT-Dmg/Slow(39), PcnoftheT-Acc/EndRdx(39), PcnoftheT-Rng/Slow(39), PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(40), PcnoftheT--Rchg%(40)
Level 41: Time Lord -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42)
Level 44: Frozen Armor -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(45), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RedFrt-Def(48), RedFrt-EndRdx(48)
Level 47: Hoarfrost -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(48), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50)
Level 49: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(36)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(23), EffAdp-EndMod(23)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Preemptive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

So, I've fooling around with Mids, a bit, and I've come up with some modifications. I think I'm happy with these, but I'd love a more experienced voice checking my work, or even just bouncing some thoughts.

Some of the general benefits of this build:

• Laser beams are stylish as hell. I will fight you on this;
  • ST Damage looks rock-solid. You should be able to cycle Disintegrate -> Lancer Shot -> Penetrating Ray pretty close to indefinitely;
  • Endurance for days;
  • Perma-hasten (ooooh, yes we did.) Not that it's super necessary, I don't think, but it's still nice. Just came out that way, I guess;
  • Softcapped Energy defenses, with Ranged and Negative just a hair under 40%. Basically everything else is solidly in the 20% to 30% range.
  • Looking really, really good in tight pants;
  • Eggs;
  • Milk;
  • Salad Mix.

In no particular order, here are the changes I made:

I dropped Afterburner and Cold Mastery and took the fighting pool instead. I added in Scorpion Shield from Mace Mastery, which isn't ideal because I really don't relish the thought of sucking up to Black Scorpion, but it's a first-pick defense toggle. Needs must. Losing the self heal from Cold Mastery also hurts a bit, but inspirations, and I just couldn't really find anything else I was okay with letting go of.

I took out all of the purple sets. This is going to drop my overall numbers a bit and tanked my resistances. But, it let me slot for more defensive sets, and I assume it means the build will be cheaper, overall. So, yaaaaay.

Relatedly, I noticed I was missing a few +Def% IOs, so those got thrown in Tough. This feels like old times!

So, yeah. I'm sure a few procs here and there could help boost my damage. I also haven't been able to playtest this at all, so it could be a hot pile of censored material. So, if anyone has some thoughts on efficiency tweaks, lay 'em on me. In the mean time, here's the build:

Idle Solicitation: Level 50 Magic Blaster
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- PcnoftheT--Rchg%(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(7), Artl-Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(9), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(11), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(11)
Level 4: Time Stop -- SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(A)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(17)
Level 10: Chronos -- ToHit-I(A)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(21)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(29)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(46), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(46), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(42), Prv-Heal(42), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43)
Level 22: Hover -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(29)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- PstBls-Dam%(A), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(31), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(31), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg(33)
Level 28: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(36), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 30: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(50)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(36)
Level 35: Kick -- Acc(A)
Level 38: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(39), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(40), RedFrt-EndRdx(40)
Level 41: Time Lord -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(42)
Level 44: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45), StdPrt-ResKB(45)
Level 47: Weave -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(48), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), RedFrt-Def(50), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(36)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(23), EffAdp-EndMod(23)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
Level 50: Ion Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Preemptive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Ageless Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 50: Robotic Drones Core Superior Ally 
------------

Edited by FunstuffofDoom
Forgot my defense numbers! Whoopsies!

Based off my Water / Temp, who is an absolute monster here's what I'd build it like. More defenses and a lot cheaper since it's a No Winters / Purples build (well 1 purple because the Snipe begs for an Apoc in there). Plus you get your +HP power back. Of course you can dump that for Scorp Shield instead and get back the rest of your Leadership set if you prefer. That'll give you NRG softcap too which is nice for end game. 

Temporas: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(17)
Level 1: Time Wall -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(5), Artl-Dam/Rech(5), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(13), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(23), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 4: Time Stop -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(7), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(7), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(25)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(27)
Level 8: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit(A), RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(50)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(11), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(11), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(33), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Build%(34)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(37)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50)
Level 16: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(19), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(19), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), StnoftheM-Dam%(33), Apc-Dam%(33)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(A), DctWnd-EndRdx/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(21), DctWnd-Heal(23), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 22: Kick -- Acc-I(A)
Level 24: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(39), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(39)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(27), Artl-Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31)
Level 28: End of Time -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(40), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(42)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), DefBuff-I(48), LucoftheG-Def(50)
Level 32: Overcharge -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(42), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(43), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dam%(46), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 35: Snow Storm -- PcnoftheT-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow(A)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Frozen Armor -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(43), DefBuff-I(43)
Level 44: Hoarfrost -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(48)
Level 47: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(39)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Void Partial Radial Judgement 
------------

A few things on Temporal since yours is exactly as I picked mine (mostly ranged and none of the melee attacks)

End of Time has crap AoE. I only tend to use it very rarely so its mostly a mule for recharge and defense. Very rarely I swoop down to trigger it (or if I find myself surrounded) but on a Beam the extra AoE might be more useful. 

The constantly renewing Absorb of Temporal Healing is amazing, especially coupled with capped ranged defense. Get as much Heal in it as possible. PvP set in there would give you a tiny bit more recharge but its 10 times the price of Doctored. 

Chronos is your buildup so Chance for buildup is great in there for a prenuke +Dam spike. It also boosts recharge and Temporal healing for 10 seconds which is really handy.

Edited by Carnifax

This build is pretty expensive. I just made it yesterday and so far its been good, have yet to die. Ranged def is around 50% and recharge 160%.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Blaster

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(3), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(5), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- GrvAnc-Hold%(A)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Knock%(7), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Rgn-Dmg(11)
Level 4: Time Stop -- Lck-%Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Hold(25), Lck-Acc/Rchg(27), Lck-Rchg/Hold(27), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(37)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(11), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15)
Level 10: Chronos -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(17)
Level 14: Fly -- Empty(A)
Level 16: Lancer Shot -- SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(19), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21)
Level 18: End of Time -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40)
Level 20: Penetrating Ray -- StnoftheM-Dam%(A), StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(21), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(23), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(23), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(25)
Level 22: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(43), NmnCnv-Heal(45), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(46)
Level 24: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Piercing Beam -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(29), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(31)
Level 30: Future Pain -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Mk'Bit-Dam%(37)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(34)
Level 35: Time Shift -- Stp-Acc/Rchg(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun(46), Stp-Acc/EndRdx(46), Stp-Stun/Rng(48), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg(50), Stp-KB%(50)
Level 38: Time Lord -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(50)
Level 41: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), StdPrt-ResKB(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(42)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(45)
Level 47: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 49: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A), Empty(40)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A), Empty(42)
------------

• 3 weeks later

Psi and Dark holes but otherwise soft cap defense.  Downside it does need Agility to get there and keep Hasten perma and it is not cheep. 

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(11)
Level 1: Time Wall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Aging Touch -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(5), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(7)
Level 4: Time Stop -- SprEnt-Acc/Hold(A), SprEnt-Hold/Rchg(13), SprEnt-End/Rchg(13), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End(15), SprEnt-Acc/Hold/End/Rchg(15), SprEnt-Rchg/AbsorbProc(17)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(21)
Level 8: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 10: Chronos -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(23), Rct-ResDam%(23), Ksm-ToHit+(25)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(46), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(48)
Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(40), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(40)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(39), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Ann-ResDeb%(39)
Level 28: Lancer Shot -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(37)
Level 30: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(31), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(34)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(34)
Level 35: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(36), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Scorpion Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(50), Mrc-Rcvry+(50)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
------------

• 2 weeks later
On 7/12/2020 at 2:13 PM, FunstuffofDoom said:

Soooo, I just found out about Homecoming a day ago, and I've been all kinds of geeked out since. I loved City of Heroes, once upon a time, and was really kinda crushed when it went away. I'm looking to dive back in and re-live some of that magic, but, um, it's been seven years and I just don't remember things like I used to.

I don't have a build to offer, but wanted to welcome you back to CoH.  I felt extremely excited last year when CoH came back, so I know how you feel!  It's like riding a bike though; it comes back!

8 hours ago, Lockpick said:

I don't have a build to offer, but wanted to welcome you back to CoH.  I felt extremely excited last year when CoH came back, so I know how you feel!  It's like riding a bike though; it comes back!

That’s super kind of you! The community has been very welcoming, and I really just did not understand how much I missed this game. I was running Citadel the other day, and someone threw out to gather for AM, and I just started grinning.

It’s not the same city I left, once upon a time. Too much has changed since then. But I think that’s letting me love everything it has all the more - I get to see things from a new perspective.

• 3 months later