A quick question on Pop Menus

Ukase

By all accounts I've seen: 

The first step to making a popmenu is creating the directory the game will look for them in:

<game install>/data/texts/english*/menus

I can only assume "<game install> is the name of the folder CoH is installed in. 
If so, on my system, there is a sub-folder called data, but when I open it, there is no sub-folder called texts.  

Even though English is my first language, the last thing I want to do is create some folder called texts within that data folder and have something blow up. 

Is that what I'm supposed to do? 

And I've looked in game to enable the pop menu, as I disabled it when I made the character, but I don't see an option to enable it, now that I'd like to take another look at it. What tab is under within Menu-Options? 

Thanks. 

8 minutes ago, Ukase said:

Is that what I'm supposed to do?

Yep, just create the /texts/english/menus as you have laid out above, and put the popmenu you want in that last 'menus' folder. It won't blow anything up, and that can all be deleted if something does go amiss.

I'm not sure what you mean by enabling the pop menu in the options, though. Custom pop menus are activated via either a macro or a keybind (using the /popmenu <menu_name> command). I am not aware of any pop menus that are enabled/disabled via the options menu.

5 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

I'm not sure what you mean by enabling the pop menu in the options, though. Custom pop menus are activated via either a macro or a keybind (using the /popmenu <menu_name> command). I am not aware of any pop menus that are enabled/disabled via the options menu.

On that, I'm pretty sure I got confused with one of the other private servers. Thanks!