Crashes, but only when in bases or PD, or AE.

Sovera

After posting this I rebooted. Started CoH again. Crashed again. That's my fourth crash of the night and I give up for today.

I would just like to know -what- I must do since re-installing the OS, buying a new SSD, re-installing the game, nothing has worked.

Perhaps delete the cache folder? Do I need a new graphic driver? More RAM? Right click the launcher and main executable and click on the the compatibility options?

Edited by Sovera

@Faultline @Number Six @GM Impervium

My apologies for the mass ping but I've been hollering for the past ten days without human interaction (and metals. Due apologies, Impervium) and it's not getting better.

• City Council
2 hours ago, Sovera said:

@Faultline @Number Six @GM Impervium

My apologies for the mass ping but I've been hollering for the past ten days without human interaction (and metals. Due apologies, Impervium) and it's not getting better.

Do you get the crash dialog, and if so, have you sent the crash report using it?

2 minutes ago, Faultline said:

Do you get the crash dialog, and if so, have you sent the crash report using it?

Yes, everytime. I can PM you my last ones if you so wish.

1 minute ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Sovera, out of curiosity, are you using any foreign language characters or other unique characters in your RP chats?

No. I am from a country with accents such as à á and etc. But they are not used during RP.

I do have some mods. I've replaced my font (I don't like how the native font makes no difference between | 1 ! l i ) and got the usual changing sound for glowies, Hasten and Fly. At some point I thought it might be due to Videots and even removed it but no difference.

LOL the game dont even need half of that RAM.

Your Device Manager lists alot of keyboards, since u say it happens only if u use the keyboard there could be the issue, maybe deinstall all of em and replug the one u are actually using.. it should reinstall itself without problems.

Also it could be a 3rd Party Software that listening on keyboard input, like some cheat programs or even a trojaner.

Since mods was mentioned before, after re-installing COH, did u reinstall any mods too, if yes.. then u should do another clean reinstall and this time without any mods and see what happens then.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

1 hour ago, SuggestorK said:

Your Device Manager lists alot of keyboards, since u say it happens only if u use the keyboard there could be the issue, maybe deinstall all of em and replug the one u are actually using.. it should reinstall itself without problems.

Also it could be a 3rd Party Software that listening on keyboard input, like some cheat programs or even a trojaner.

As someone with only one keyboard I have no idea why it lists so many keyboards either, but it just reinstalls them all when I try to 'scan hardware'. Just in case I've removed them all but one and did not 'scan for new hardware'.

I've re-installed the OS from scratch two times now. I'm not discarding the idea that one of my re-installed programs could have something in it, but it's difficult to test and nothing my anti-virus done in the interim has caught.

Faultline feels it may have to do with my keyboard layout. I'll be testing that.

that is very strange, i looked at my office desktop which runs now since 2 1/2 years even had 2 different keyboards attached, currently only 1 and it shows only 1.

But the Laptop im Writing now has 2 entry although only the built in keyboard is there and an ps2 port it hasnt, would be strange on an 1 year old laptop, these are very old pre usb connectors... grafik.png.0eefa69e890c7cc11d8576afc5fd5d6c.png

So either its something very fishy going on (Windows 10) or it has too do with the layout's that Faultline mentioned.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

• 3 weeks later
On 11/11/2021 at 1:47 AM, Sovera said:

I'm using a different font than I did at the start of this thread. But I'm not discarding the idea. I'll remove it and see what happens.

I think earlier in the thread you said that you didn't see the problems without the mods?

I would try without the mods. If that solves the problem, add them one by one to see which ones causes the problem.

As Number Six said, it is likely that it has something to do with the handling of chat text, but might only be an issue if you make (near) max length messages.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

What seemed to have fixed the issue (I waited to see if it would continue was not changing the layout of the keyboard but going through all the HC executables and tick the compatibility mode.

I've 'only' had two crashes since my last post which is a tremendous net positive of how it used to be.