BUG REWORD 4x merit

TheNutz86

Hi
I have encountered a bug on both the "who will die" and "pandora's box" story arcs. almost 2 months ago i did part 1 of both, twice in succession, and it gave me the choice of 4x merits every time. after that, somehow the signature story arcs became bugged , and no matter what part i do or how much i wait, the rewards are stuck and it always say i have to wait one week to get the 4x merits choice again. i waited and tried several times, but it's always stuck like this It's been like this with both my characters Kestar and Bioblade Dragoon

Specific:
i think there is a misunderstanding. i am well aware of the timer regarding the rewards. What i meant was, i did those signature arcs twice in the same day, and, contrary to what should have happened, it gave me the rewards both times. After that happened, the reward table got stuck, and even if  i wait a whole week or even more, each time i try to do it again i get the same pop up, saying i have to wait one week even if the timer has expired

51 minutes ago, TheNutz86 said:

What i meant was, i did those signature arcs twice in the same day, and, contrary to what should have happened, it gave me the rewards both times.

That's actually how it is supposed to work. Each episode of each story arc has a one-time 'freebie' that does not count against the timer. The next run then starts the timer for any episode of that story arc. See the wiki page for the SSAs for more info.

The fact that doesn't open the reward table back up after a week does sound suspicious though, and may indeed be a bug. Have you seen that same reward table from running any other content?

19 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

That's actually how it is supposed to work. Each episode of each story arc has a one-time 'freebie' that does not count against the timer. The next run then starts the timer for any episode of that story arc. See the wiki page for the SSAs for more info.

The fact that doesn't open the reward table back up after a week does sound suspicious though, and may indeed be a bug. Have you seen that same reward table from running any other content?

no, no I only saw it in  "who will die" and "pandora's box" and no other reword

1 hour ago, TheNutz86 said:

I tried to do part three of will die and it still gives me 4x merits  in bulk 😣

So you ran Who Will Die part 3 and it gave you the 4x merits choice?

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

So you ran Who Will Die part 3 and it gave you the 4x merits choice?

I skipped part one
in part two it gave me merits x4 active, but a few days have passed since the last attempt

in part three it gave me 4x merits stuck again

Edited by TheNutz86

If I'm remembering correctly, on "live", the way it worked was this: 

On your character's first SSA, you could opt for a hero merit (if you had confirmed alignment prior), or 4xstandard reward merits (5), or a single accuracy SO, or 1 Astral merit. 

On your first run of each SSA, you had the same options. And, even on your second run of the same map (and only on the second run of the same map ONCE) you got the same options. After that, you had to wait 24*7 hours before you had the options for the merits. 

Example: 
First run of SSA 1 - 20 merits, 

First Redo of  SSA 1, 20 merits 
 Redo SSA 1 before a week is up, 5 merits
First run of SSA 2 - 20 merits, 

Redo SSA 2 - 5 merits

First run of SSA 3 - 20 merits

Redo SSA 3 - 5 merits. 

and so on. 

But that was on live. If my memory of the short term is correct for HC, it's the same award table schedule with regard to the 4x5 merits.

But, it would be nice to get a very clear explanation from an authority for those that lack the understanding. 

43 minutes ago, Ukase said:

If I'm remembering correctly, on "live", the way it worked was this: 

Your explanation is correct as I understand it.

The 'reward timers' section of the Signature Story Arc wiki page (the page I linked above) covers it as well.

For example, the 'Who Will Die' SSA has 7 episodes. The first run of each episode is a one-time-only freebie that does not count toward the reward timer. After that, running ANY episode of the 'Who Will Die' SSA will trigger the reward lockout timer.