Empathy Corruptor Or Defender?

icehero

So im thinking of making a Energy/Empathy Curruptr as a Team/Solo +3/4x8 Content for end game and was wondering if emp was more useful under defender or corruptor for what im looking to achieve? Also open to change Range Attack if you guys think energy wouldnt work well for what I want.

? Did it (Empathy) get ported to corruptor and doesn't yet show on the HC Wiki?

In any case if you can make them both and see which you like.  The one you like is likely to be the one that is better for you.

Edit:  I  did make a redside version of Empathy/AR for an all Emp SG back on Live.

Edited by Doomguide2005

7 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

? Did it (Empathy) get ported to corruptor and doesn't yet show on the HC Wiki?

Yes, Empathy corruptors are an option.

For my take - if you're teaming all the way up, go defender. You'll get the emp powers sooner and make more of an impact sooner.  If you're just getting rushed to end game... *shrug* whichever you prefer. I'd probably take a different blast set just to aid in debuffing.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

The problem with coming up with an answer is where you say "team/solo".  For mainly soloing, I would not take Empathy at all.  Some of the best powers only affect others.   I have an empathy defender at 50 and he solos fine (albeit slowly), but I didn't make him FOR soloing.

The basic question is do you want to be mostly DPS or mostly support?  Answer that and your question is answered.  Maybe you should make two characters.

On a side note, energy is a decent choice since knockback is damage mitigation.  My empathy defender took dark blast for the to-hit debuff.  And if you do go with the defender, hit that Leadership Pool hard.  Defenders get the best effects from the Leadership powers.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

Yes, Empathy corruptors are an option.

For my take - if you're teaming all the way up, go defender. You'll get the emp powers sooner and make more of an impact sooner.  If you're just getting rushed to end game... *shrug* whichever you prefer. I'd probably take a different blast set just to aid in debuffing.

Oh my the list of alts I'll need to make is just getting longer and longer once I have a computer again.  I tend to agree with Greycat, particularly if you are going to being teaming mostly or exemping frequently.  Defender means earlier on the Auras, Fortitude and Adrenaline Boost.  On the other hand if you can load up on damage potential (procs) with the blast set (and get scourge leveraged) that might work well too on a corruptor.

PS:  There is a build by @Lineathat solo'ed the ITF at +4/×8 on the defender forums.

Edited by Doomguide2005
To add PS

5 hours ago, Ironblade said:

The problem with coming up with an answer is where you say "team/solo".  For mainly soloing, I would not take Empathy at all.  Some of the best powers only affect others.   I have an empathy defender at 50 and he solos fine (albeit slowly), but I didn't make him FOR soloing.

The flip side of this is that at 10 you get dual builds opening up. And you can skip the "team only" powers and dip more into pools on a solo build.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, Greycat said:

The flip side of this is that at 10 you get dual builds opening up. And you can skip the "team only" powers and dip more into pools on a solo build.

I actually don't have any characters with multiple builds.  As one of my previous suggestions indicated, I would solve this particular conundrum by making two characters.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

If I were looking to solo an Empathy Corruptor.... I'd take a REAL hard look at Empathy Mastermind first.  Same buffs, same levels to get them at, and a squad of minions to do damage for you while you focus on supporting htem or overseeing the battlefield.  and that way your "Ally Only" buffs are still of good use on your pets.

• Like 1