Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

9/2 - Market Crash (Level 40-50 - Purple Side - Khalisti Wharf) - "Mr. Robotic" - Robotic costumes - Any AT

9/9 - Katie Hannon (Level 30-34 - Blue Side - Croatoa) - "Witchy (Wo)man" All witch/warlock costumes - Any AT

9/16 - Barracuda (Level 45-50 - Red Side - Grandville) - "In love with a Preacher (Wo)man" Clergy-themed costumes, e.g. Priests, Nuns, Buddhist or Zen-Monks, whatever works for you in terms of religiously inspiring or related stuff. Since we're dark side, make them dark and unholy! One of your powers must be Dark related.

9/23 - Terra Volta Respec #1 (Level 24-33 - Blue Side - Independence Port) - "Sentinels of the Galaxy"

All-Sentinel Team. Guardians of the Galaxy-Inspired costumes

9/30 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side - Steel Canyon) - "E=mc²" Take a historic scientist and their discovery as a theme for a toon (costume and powers). E.g. Albert Einstein - Gravity / Time Controller. Or a Cyborg with Stephen Hawking's head/brain-in-a-jar. You get the idea...

Sign-up Sheet:

@FrauleinMentalRobt Hooke - Titan Weapons / Dark Armor Brute

@Bananiac: Einstein Automaton - Grav/Time Controller

@Midnyte: Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper

@Milrop: Doc Braun - Time Manipulation/Radiation Blast Defender

@Princess Cecilia (Cece): Yavanna

@Burnt Umber: William "Strata" Smith - Stone/Fire Tank

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TrixieKixx said:

Hey Themers!

Just a reminder that I will be out of the country for the next three Saturdays. I need someone else to lead next week and the full month of October. I'm not going to put up the sign-up sheet for next week as I won't be around to edit the board.

Thanks for the reminder! I posted the sign-up sheet, so that's done. Does anyone want to run the Posi 1 & 2 next week on 9/30? I am no expert on blue-side stuff, haha, but I don't mind taking a stab at it if no one else can do it.  😄 I'll decide who to bring, and update the sign-up sheet.

I'll bring Robt Hooke - Titan Weapons / Dark Armor Brute.  Hoping the KB/KD in his attacks evokes the spring motion. 🙂

I can run it if needed, but Posi 1+2 isn't too bad.  The toughest part is the last mission of Posi 1, with the Circle of Thorns multi-ambush at City Hall followed by fighting our shadow selves inside.

We should also be looking at October, since Trixie is going to miss it.  It's Shardtober, but here's the full list of TF/SF options as I'm seeing them (with levels):

• 10/7 - Dr. Quaterfield (40-45), Apex/Tin Mage (50+)
    • Last cycle (7/8), we did Tinpex with the Fairy Tale theme.
    • Most people consider this choice a no-brainer, since Dr. Q usually takes about 2 hours.  But I love the Shard content.
  • 10/14 - Sara Moore (44+), Synapse (15-20), Silver Mantis (20-25)
    • Last cycle (7/15), we did Synapse with the Brain-in-a-Jar theme.
    • There's a chance I may miss this week, since the annular solar eclipse in the southwestern US is also midday on the 14th.
  • 10/21 - Justin Augustine (44+), ITF (35+), Op Renault (25-30)
    • Last cycle (7/22), we did Op Renault with the Time Traveler theme.
  • 10/28 - Faathim the Kind (44+), Penny Yin (20-25), Ice Mistral (35-40)
    • Last cycle (7/29), we did Penny Yin with the Police theme.

I think @Bananiac had some good ideas for themes, we haven't used them all yet, and 10/7 is close to the German theme.  Any other suggestions?  Any preferences for which WSTs we want to hit?

• Thanks 1

I can certainly take the lead on the 10/7, if we want to go with my Black-Red-Gold theme. I have no issue trying for a Dr Q. Can always default to a TinPex if we don't get it going.

No preferences on Powerset or Archetype, just show up in colors.

Still need to decide on the toon for next saturday. Certainly planning to be there again this week.

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

@Bananiac, sounds great! You can be in charge of Dr. Q on 10/7 for your German flag theme. Thank you!
@FrauleinMental, also sounds great! I'd appreciate it if you run the Positrons this weekend. Also thanks for the nice October list of possibilities and the research you did. More on that when the time comes.

Halloween event should be starting soon so we can squeeze in some ToT together or some Dr. Kanes trials. Maybe hook up with the league at Bates Motel (or Motel 6 as some call it) in PI. Usually near the beginning of the event it's easy to get on the PI ToT league with all the methodic tping to the north islands for GMs, and if we're lucky, a banner event!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/24/2023 at 12:02 PM, FrauleinMental said:
    • There's a chance I may miss this week, since the annular solar eclipse in the southwestern US is also midday on the 14th.

I was trying to plan for that, as well, and have been following the travel news and trips offered. I had hoped to view it in Albuquerque but then abandoned the idea because too much going on in my life for another trip out there so soon, plus it's the same weekend as the Balloon Fiesta. Where do you plan to view it?

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Halloween event should be starting soon so we can squeeze in some ToT together or some Dr. Kanes trials. Maybe hook up with the league at Bates Motel (or Motel 6 as some call it) in PI. Usually near the beginning of the event it's easy to get on the PI ToT league with all the methodic tping to the north islands for GMs, and if we're lucky, a banner event!

I am so totally looking forward to this already! 👻

Also, just a note in case you have missed it yet:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/44287-halloween-giveaway-event/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

8 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I was trying to plan for that, as well, and have been following the travel news and trips offered. I had hoped to view it in Albuquerque but then abandoned the idea because too much going on in my life for another trip out there so soon, plus it's the same weekend as the Balloon Fiesta. Where do you plan to view it?

I'd thought it'd be cool to go to Crater Lake, which is on the main path (around 90% obscuration), and maybe get some interesting pictures.  But I have enough other stuff going on that I don't want to travel any more right now, so I'm staying home in Alabama (around 55%).

There are a bunch of events being planned for the total eclipse on 8 April 2024, and I'm a few hours' drive from the totality path.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

There are a bunch of events being planned for the total eclipse on 8 April 2024, and I'm a few hours' drive from the totality path.

That sounds totally awesome! We had a total eclipse right here where I live back around 2000, spectacular event! I can only recommend to go wherever you need to go if it is not too far away to be at the total eclipse!

On another note: I will be bringing Einstein Automaton - Grav/Time Controller (...obviously!) for the Posi runs this week. Another one from the shelf, gathering dust at level 4 since 2021...

On 9/28/2023 at 6:32 AM, FrauleinMental said:

I'd thought it'd be cool to go to Crater Lake, which is on the main path (around 90% obscuration), and maybe get some interesting pictures.  But I have enough other stuff going on that I don't want to travel any more right now, so I'm staying home in Alabama (around 55%).

Right! Crater Lake is one of the viewpoints I see mentioned a lot in my astronomy groups. Thanks for that, I'm putting it in my travel spreadsheet. 🤓

On 9/23/2023 at 5:32 PM, Midnyte said:

9/30 - Posi 1 & 2 (Level 8-15 and Level 11-16 – Blue Side - Steel Canyon) - "E=mc²" Take a historic scientist and their discovery as a theme for a toon (costume and powers). E.g. Albert Einstein - Gravity / Time Controller. Or a Cyborg with Stephen Hawking's head/brain-in-a-jar. You get the idea...

Sorry for not signing up sooner. I'll bring William "Strata" Smith - Stone/Fire Tank.

• Thumbs Up 2

Positrons 1 and 2 - Famous Scientist Discoveries - Any AT

Saturday, 9/30/2023

This was a really interesting and challenging theme. We had 6 players sign up, and 2 joined in the moment.

NWUFE6J.jpg

6PWUzun.jpg

Einstein-Automaton, brilliant controller by @Bananiac

SagDCcr.jpg

Crystal Moonstone, baby scrapper by @Midnyte
LaBMi3W.jpg

@Burnt Umber brought tanker, Strata Smith
It was fun doing geology research, eh? 🙂 

3xQidhV.jpg

Robt Hooke, brute and cleverly researched by @FrauleinMental
Thanks for leading the TFs!
tdfxedl.jpg

Doc Braun, time defender (need it be said? 😄) by @Milrop
WzHg0EX.jpg

@Princess Cecilia presented with Yavanna in a beautiful costume
QvrlEaa.jpg

Dr Cherenkov by @Lividus
Not sure of the exact spelling and it didn't appear as a game account name to tag here, but we're glad he joined us!
xKGtYiA.jpg

Few Good Men joined us in the final moment before we began!
It's always nice to have a "little green army man" on our team 😄 
MHRxYep.jpg

uFMrBBO.jpg

@Bananiac welcomes our recruit!
oCGRkfv.jpg

aOih1dH.jpg
vwwieON.jpg
lbtKCef.jpg
9Ourjxs.jpg
iY1hCZT.jpg
6NRZtgS.jpg
KSbXhL8.jpg
vWke1mW.jpg
AIL9kd2.jpg
BmIKzE1.jpg
dqmSUby.jpg
fFD5OuG.jpg

Successful completion of Positron part 1, despite being a bit disorganized with the CoT ambushes 🙂 All in good fun!
0KCrc0z.jpg

Positron part 2... the traditional Faultline donut poses 😄 
lMmH283.jpg
gngs1BM.jpg
oM41Jll.jpg
zcAUkQk.jpg
oqUQP0G.jpg
IDn62hz.jpg
x1aq4mH.jpg
qyhmcXG.jpg
mBX4YVt.jpg
ziPR22B.jpg
aDNFEV6.jpg
xwTJ8u1.jpg
FIJd4Rk.jpg
4QChvd8.jpg
3vv2oNS.jpg
nLxPUvu.jpg

I found this action by Dr. Z on Robt Hooke to be horrifying!
rqPzFD0.jpg
NDsU1kz.jpg
IGAbc34.jpg
hr3k7Mg.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 4

10/7 - Dr. Quaterfield (40-45 - Blue Side - Firebase Zulu - Black-Red-Gold costume theme - Any AT)

Sign-up Sheet:

1) @Bananiac: Captain Hammerfall - Shield/Energy Tanker

2) @FrauleinMentalFraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

3) @Burnt Umber: Atomi - Grav/Rad Controller

4) @Midnyte: Frau Rammstein - Beam Rifle/Invulnerability Sentinel

5) @Milrop:  Joey Joe Joe - Shield/War Mace Tanker

6) @Princess Cecilia (Cece): Casualty of War - Dark/Energy Dominator

We may need more damage! I could switch to a melee toon, although she might not be of German heritage but she'd be glad to come in costume!

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2023 at 8:15 PM, Midnyte said:

10/7 - Dr. Quaterfield (40-45 - Blue Side - Firebase Zulu - Black-Red-Gold costume theme - Any AT)

Sign-up Sheet:

1)@Midnyte: Frau Rammstein - Beam Rifle/Invulnerability Sentinel

2)@FrauleinMentalFraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller

3) (maybe) @Burnt Umber: Atomi - Grav/Rad Controller

4)

5)

6)

7)

Hi @Midnyte, sign me up with Captain Hammerfall (Shield/Energy Tank). 

I am not too familiar with the TF, but happy to take the lead this time anyway.

See ya in Firebase Zulu! Bring all the Teleports you can get!

On 9/24/2023 at 6:02 PM, FrauleinMental said:

We should also be looking at October, since Trixie is going to miss it.  It's Shardtober, but here's the full list of TF/SF options as I'm seeing them (with levels):

• 10/7 - Dr. Quaterfield (40-45), Apex/Tin Mage (50+)
    • Last cycle (7/8), we did Tinpex with the Fairy Tale theme.
    • Most people consider this choice a no-brainer, since Dr. Q usually takes about 2 hours.  But I love the Shard content.
  • 10/14 - Sara Moore (44+), Synapse (15-20), Silver Mantis (20-25)
    • Last cycle (7/15), we did Synapse with the Brain-in-a-Jar theme.
  • 10/21 - Justin Augustine (44+), ITF (35+), Op Renault (25-30)
    • Last cycle (7/22), we did Op Renault with the Time Traveler theme.
  • 10/28 - Faathim the Kind (44+), Penny Yin (20-25), Ice Mistral (35-40)
    • Last cycle (7/29), we did Penny Yin with the Police theme.

I think @Bananiac had some good ideas for themes, we haven't used them all yet, and 10/7 is close to the German theme.  Any other suggestions?  Any preferences for which WSTs we want to hit?

The Halloween Event has kicked off (and I already have 2 new freshly baked level 50 toons 🙂) and I would propose to have a themer event just running this stuff (Kane, ToT, Banners, Tips, AVs). Don't know if we want to give it a theme (other than "make it look halloweeny" maybe), I am fine with just running through some toons with you. Was lots of fun last year farming all those PAPs! Could look at 14th to do that, or the 28th (which is closest to Halloween itself).

Theme-wise, I want to promote my "It's water, but it's not"-Theme (1 powerset must be Water Blast, only make it look like it's something else but water). Could do that on the 21st with ITF. I am happy to lead that as well. 

For the remaining date I propose to go "It's raining Cats and Dogs" (Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff). So either the 14th or 28th, depending on what we want to do next week. 28th would be a good opportunity to do another Shard TF or Ice Mistral (which I personally like a lot, and it's also one that is not done very often).

Comments?

On 10/1/2023 at 3:05 AM, Midnyte said:

@Bananiac, this is the beer I was telling you about that I drank last night. In fact, now that's nighttime here 😉 think I'll open one right now. It's delicious! I wanted your expert opinion on whether this is truly Oktoberfest bier. 

Okay, there is a lot to digest here.

If you are talking about "Oktoberfest Beer", this is wrong in almost every way 🙂 

Kehrweider is from Hamburg, basically as far away as you can possibly get on the opposite end of Germany from Munich. Thus doesn't qualify as "Oktoberfest Beer", as only Breweries actually located IN Munich do get that privilege. They also apparently aim for a stronger, craft-typical hoppy taste in this specific beer, which is kinda opposite to how the traditional Oktoberfestbeer is made. Which has a stronger malt content and is very mild on the hops, making it a bit sweeter and more "quaffable"! Also, therefore doesn't hold up as long, so don't leave it standing around any longer than you must.

That being said, if you are looking for a nice beer to be had at some kind of Fest in, say... Oktober, you are probably not doing anything wrong here! I like both the Kehrweider and the Sierra Nevada beers that I have had so far quite well! So enjoy it! And "Prost", my dear!

The ToT event, whenever we run it, might work better with a theme like "Wear a ToT costume" since you get tips from knocking on doors in a costume power.  You could even show up not having one, since you'll probably get one pretty quickly from knocking on doors.  We could almost make a tips badge run as the event, though I'm not sure if the tip gives the badge to everyone or just the tip holder.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event_2010#Whispered_Rumor_Tip_Mission

We could do a "Before and After" theme of it.  "Before" is a plain costume (like plain tights), and "After" is with an active costume power.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, Bananiac said:

I am not too familiar with the TF, but happy to take the lead this time anyway.

See ya in Firebase Zulu! Bring all the Teleports you can get!

Thanks for the reminder about teleporters!

And thanks for volunteering to our fearless leader. I mean, any of us can do it of course, without prior knowledge of the task at hand, but in my case I am always on the lookout for good picture opps, and being old and feeble-brained it's too much responsibility, especially because I'm usually still half asleep 😄 😄 

On 10/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, Bananiac said:

The Halloween Event has kicked off (and I already have 2 new freshly baked level 50 toons 🙂)

It's been so much fun! I've been doing the PI ToT league every night..... many new shinies for my characters. 😄  Even a successfully-run banner event, which is not so easy to get on Indom. And we even did a Kane trial one night. Thanks to @Milrop & Cece and all the others who are keeping Indom above water. 💜

and I would propose to have a themer event just running this stuff (Kane, ToT, Banners, Tips, AVs). Don't know if we want to give it a theme (other than "make it look halloweeny" maybe), I am fine with just running through some toons with you. Was lots of fun last year farming all those PAPs! Could look at 14th to do that, or the 28th (which is closest to Halloween itself).

Love this idea! Doing seasonal events together is my fave, because it's just all so... relevant. 😄 

I agree, no costumes necessary for this, because we'll be switching into the costume powers for ToT to get tips, or for the badge in Dr. Kane's trial.

Theme-wise, I want to promote my "It's water, but it's not"-Theme (1 powerset must be Water Blast, only make it look like it's something else but water). Could do that on the 21st with ITF. I am happy to lead that as well. 

I love this theme! So tempting to do a vampire with red blood splashing everywhere. And thanks for the suggestion to do ITF on 10/21. I'm going to gather up your ideas and make a list of October themes to post.

For the remaining date I propose to go "It's raining Cats and Dogs" (Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff). So either the 14th or 28th, depending on what we want to do next week. 28th would be a good opportunity to do another Shard TF or Ice Mistral (which I personally like a lot, and it's also one that is not done very often).

Sounds great to me. I'll wait to see if others have some thoughts or preferences. I'll put in my vote for Ice Mistral, which I really like too.

Later tonight, I'll make a separate post with all these delicious October theme ideas. @TrixieKixx will be so proud of us when she gets back from vacation!🤗