Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

I don't know the TF inside and out, but I'm relatively familiar with it.  It's mostly Rularuu and Crey.  Don't count on stealthing much (the eyeballs ignore stealth, as do the frequent ambushes).  There's a lot of travel back and forth between the City and the Shard, so Team Teleport is really useful.  Indeed, the proliferation of transportation powers is the main reason this TF can be done in 2 hours instead of 8.

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 2:37 PM, FrauleinMental said:

The ToT event, whenever we run it, might work better with a theme like "Wear a ToT costume" since you get tips from knocking on doors in a costume power.  You could even show up not having one, since you'll probably get one pretty quickly from knocking on doors.  We could almost make a tips badge run as the event, though I'm not sure if the tip gives the badge to everyone or just the tip holder.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Halloween_Event_2010#Whispered_Rumor_Tip_Mission

We could do a "Before and After" theme of it.  "Before" is a plain costume (like plain tights), and "After" is with an active costume power.

All get the badge choice when a team does a tip mission together. I usually solo them at -1 diff, running to the very end boss, and just completing it. Since you have to run it so many times on each character. But hey, to soak up some XP it would be fun to run them as a team too! We'll throw that option into the mix on the date we do the Halloween theme, and then we can decide in the moment.

3 minutes ago, FrauleinMental said:

I don't know the TF inside and out, but I'm relatively familiar with it.  It's mostly Rularuu and Crey.  Don't count on stealthing much (the eyeballs ignore stealth, as do the frequent ambushes).  There's a lot of travel back and forth between the City and the Shard, so Team Teleport is really useful.  Indeed, the proliferation of transportation powers is the main reason this TF can be done in 2 hours instead of 8.

Sounds great! We'll go into it fully stocked with team transporters, mission transporters, assemble the team.... steamrolling the missions, oh and a relaxed mood so that we're prepared for the length of time. 🙂 

On 10/5/2023 at 11:37 AM, Bananiac said:

If you are talking about "Oktoberfest Beer", this is wrong in almost every way 🙂 

🤣 Fantastic! This is exactly the kind of info I was hoping for!

Kehrweider is from Hamburg, basically as far away as you can possibly get on the opposite end of Germany from Munich. Thus doesn't qualify as "Oktoberfest Beer", as only Breweries actually located IN Munich do get that privilege. They also apparently aim for a stronger, craft-typical hoppy taste in this specific beer, which is kinda opposite to how the traditional Oktoberfestbeer is made. Which has a stronger malt content and is very mild on the hops, making it a bit sweeter and more "quaffable"! Also, therefore doesn't hold up as long, so don't leave it standing around any longer than you must.

Thank you for the great explanation. I know I've heard you mention that before but could never remember the details. I love the word "quaffable" !

That being said, if you are looking for a nice beer to be had at some kind of Fest in, say... Oktober, you are probably not doing anything wrong here! I like both the Kehrweider and the Sierra Nevada beers that I have had so far quite well! So enjoy it! And "Prost", my dear!

Oans, zwoa, drei, g'suffa! The Sierra Nevada "Festbier" was very delicious! (Incidentally, I had always bought some Thelonious Monk beer on that shopping trip which was very good too. It gave me an idea for a symphony controller named "Thelonious Monkette" or maybe /Monkesse.... or some such female version of Monk.... I wish I'd thought of this for our clergy theme, I might have gotten some inspiration from naming my character Thelonious Nun 😆)

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Burnt Umber said:

It looks like I'll be able to do the Dr. Q today.  So, I'll put out that, if folks need some inf. to get the team teleport, I can foot the bill there.  There's a P2W vendor in the Firebase near Doc. Q.

So glad you can make it today, and what a generous offer. 🙂 

Dr. Quaterfield TF"Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom, from the 🟥🟨Anthem)

German National Day Celebration

Black-Red-Gold Costume theme - Any AT

Saturday, 10/7/2023

We had 6 players sign up, and 2 joined as we began

Pvh3Mhp.jpg

aa4pF7Y.jpg

Leading today's adventure, Captain Hammerfall, tanker by @Bananiac

yHv5G7Y.jpg

@FrauleinMental , controller, representing the German flag

Fhxqbcx.jpg

Frau Rammstein, sentinel by @Midnyte

OK5C16A.jpg

Casualty of War, dominator by @Princess Cecilia

4AO6qxR.jpg

Atomi Hiroe, controller by @Burnt Umber

vVFyRNM.jpg

Fire Bricker, corruptor by @Jaxman100

kSXlRnK.jpg

@Milrop's tanker, Joey Joe Joe

ApX7cx1.jpg buvPF49.jpg 9Xw6JaJ.jpg

Taking notes

V7irj0C.jpg

GI0bYEj.jpg

Waiting for our comrades to arrive

zLDP60X.jpg

dIEAooN.jpg

M8BfsdF.jpg

What's this..... zombies, you say!? 
wZHLjAn.jpg

Everyone springs to action

WcMspPr.jpg

0tse0Ix.jpg

GQUqx4B.jpg

49SAPnt.jpg

TRdZ6Gr.jpg

oyEir9V.jpg

zstS2OA.jpg

e2HF8FH.jpg

emvQJMF.jpg

yeAJ4i4.jpg

UYjohxs.jpg

Frau Rammstein's powerset colors are theme-compliant 😄 
0Juneft.jpg

kxi6Fb0.jpg

UCRnPEu.jpg

We sent the zombies away... time to celebrate
BgsljgO.jpg

6Kfa6MV.jpg

x4L4cPx.jpg

Lh9GoCo.jpg

R4HRrob.jpg

sHo7yf5.jpg

rLqKb41.jpg

The whole team has gathered
6IiDjzB.jpg

G5F8bPi.jpg

Onward to our first assignment from Dr. Quaterfield
1JlrFtD.jpg

Zvbeb0j.jpg

Rptq9nZ.jpg

Frau Rammstein was apparently obsessed with shooting off fireworks....
ZbolZjH.jpg

w7c7jAv.jpg

9i2STqZ.jpg

All aboard!
eILKQqp.jpg

One of many little successes experienced today
N7HOEkD.jpg

SFxUTh9.jpg

YPIpAXE.jpg

x63m96L.jpg

I know I'm winning when I see the soles of their shoes
wRI8tIr.jpg

Or flat on their backs
d0HbPtw.jpg

IUyWcyu.jpg

4zTDo4y.jpg

1m1p4Qy.jpg

vTW6Q61.jpg

DrmArkG.jpg

qQNKgv1.jpg

MApGGR6.jpg

hUgqkqK.jpg

yQHIYI3.jpg

1ySFjct.jpg

bATACOA.jpg

I15UiyZ.jpg

6cbI9Mk.jpg

~The End~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Thanks 3

On 10/5/2023 at 11:15 AM, Bananiac said:

The Halloween Event has kicked off (and I already have 2 new freshly baked level 50 toons 🙂) and I would propose to have a themer event just running this stuff (Kane, ToT, Banners, Tips, AVs). Don't know if we want to give it a theme (other than "make it look halloweeny" maybe), I am fine with just running through some toons with you. Was lots of fun last year farming all those PAPs! Could look at 14th to do that, or the 28th (which is closest to Halloween itself).

On 10/6/2023 at 6:09 PM, Midnyte said:

All get the badge choice when a team does a tip mission together. I usually solo them at -1 diff, running to the very end boss, and just completing it. Since you have to run it so many times on each character. But hey, to soak up some XP it would be fun to run them as a team too! We'll throw that option into the mix on the date we do the Halloween theme, and then we can decide in the moment.

I'd be up for doing a few runs of Kane's HoH this weekend out of Pocket D.  I have a few characters (about 5 or 6) that don't have the badges.  I'd be happy to send along PaPs if people want them to get the badges in one run.  And, I could lead things if people would like.

At the same time, I get that people want to do the ToTing first.  If we do that, can we operate out of Khalisti Wharf?  I know a couple good spots there and it'd let us to be a mix of villains and heroes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sounds good, @Burnt Umber! Lets roll with the Halloween tide then next saturday!

I do a sign-up page, let's keep Theme simple: "Halloween" costumes. Either make one for your toons, if you like it. Or just use the temps from ToT, we will be wearing those anyway for the badges and to get the "Whispered Rumor" tip. 

Meeting at the usual time in PD. Let's see then if we go directly to Kane, or if we want to run a few rounds of ToTs first.

• Thumbs Up 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

Here is the overview about our October Themes:

10/07 - Dr Quaterfield - Level 45+ - Firebase Zulu) - "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom, from the 🟥🟨Anthem) German National Day Celebration - Black, Red & Gold costume colors - Any AT

10/14 - Halloween Event (Any Level - Pocket D- "Halloween Costumes or ToT Temp Costumes" - Dr Kane's House of Horrors/ToT in Khalisti/Whispered Rumor Tips - Any AT

10/21 - Imperious Task Force (Level 35-50 - Cimerora (which is both sides, right?) - "It's water but it's not" - 1 Powerset must be Water Blast, but make it look like it's something else - Any AT (hope everyone has a high enough Level WB toon? If not, there's still time to get one to level 35 😉)

10/28 - Ice Mistral (Level 35-40 - Red Side - St. Martial) - "It's raining Cats and Dogs" Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff. 

Any suggestions for the last week?

Edited by Bananiac

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

10/07 - Dr Quaterfield - Level 45+ - Firebase Zulu) - "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom, from the 🟥🟨Anthem) German National Day Celebration - Black, Red & Gold costume colors - Any AT

10/14 - Halloween Event (Any Elvel - Pocket D) - "Halloween Costumes or ToT Temp Costumes" - Dr Kane's House of Horrors/ToT in Khalisti/Whispered Rumor Tips - Any AT

10/21 - Imperious Task Force (Level 35-50 - Cimerora (which is both sides, right?) - "It's water but it's not" - 1 Powerset must be Water Blast, but make it look like it's something else - Any AT (hope everyone has a high enough Level WB toon? If not, there's still time to get one to level 35 😉)

10/28 - Ice Mistral (Level 35-40 - Red Side - St. Martial) - "It's raining Cats and Dogs" Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff. 

Sign-Up Sheet

@Bananiac: Mr O'Hallows  - Fire / Nature Affinity Controller

@BurntUmberCaedes - DB/Nin. Stalker // Horrere - Sonic/Cold Corruptor

@MidnyteCrystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper

@Glacier PeakGlacier Peak - Blast/Cold Domination Corruptor

@FrauleinMental: Coffee Ring - Water/Dark Corruptor

Edited by Bananiac

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

10/14 - Halloween Event (Any Elvel - Pocket D) - "Halloween Costumes or ToT Temp Costumes" - Dr Kane's House of Horrors/ToT in Khalisti/Whispered Rumor Tips - Any AT

For the HoH, I hope we can do a few runs; I'll bring Caedes (DB/Nin. Stalker), Khalkeon (Rad./Eng. Tank), and Alichino (Demons/Pain MM).  If there's even more demand I'll throw in Torquens (Dp/SR Sentinel) and Sideron (Beam/Invul. Sentinel).

When we swap over to ToT, I'll bring Horrere (Sonic/Cold Corr.) and Caedes (DB/Nin. Stalker).

2 hours ago, Bananiac said:

10/21 - Ice Mistral (Level 35-40 - Red Side - St. Martial) - "It's raining Cats and Dogs" Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff.

Hmm, I have a character I'd really like to run through this SF but he's decidedly off-theme.  Could we swap to "all radiation" for this one instead?

Edited by Burnt Umber
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

Hmm, I have a character I'd really like to run through this SF but he's decidedly off-theme.  Could we swap to "all radiation" for this one instead?

Feel free to put an animal head on your toon and show up as is. We are not The Holy Spanish Inquisition about it, so never mind! I am sure "Radi-Cat" or "Dog-Ray" are out there somewhere...

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Burnt Umber said:

For the HoH, I hope we can do a few runs;

Yes, that would be the plan. It is a rather short thing usually anyway. But there is only 4 spaces on each team, so depending on how many we get we may need to split up, maybe recruit some people from the streets to fill up... let's see.

I will also cycle through a few toons, just not sure yet who they are yet (besides Le Danse Macabre, my Necro/Dark MM who is just begging for all these badges)

7 hours ago, Bananiac said:

10/21 - Ice Mistral (Level 35-40 - Red Side - St. Martial) - "It's raining Cats and Dogs" Costume needs to have wolf/cat/feral pieces and theme, powersets should be the usual suspects: claws, savage, beasts MM,  maybe spines or staff. 

10/28 - TBD

Any suggestions for the last week?

Ice Mistral is the WST for 10/28, so the last week should be taken care of.  (10/21 is listed twice.)

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Sounds good, @Burnt Umber! Lets roll with the Halloween tide then next saturday!

I do a sign-up page, let's keep Theme simple: "Halloween" costumes. Either make one for your toons, if you like it. Or just use the temps from ToT, we will be wearing those anyway for the badges and to get the "Whispered Rumor" tip. 

Meeting at the usual time in PD. Let's see then if we go directly to Kane, or if we want to run a few rounds of ToTs first.

Thanks so much for organizing this. I kind of dropped the ball, when I said I was going to do it. I'm happy to finally get the pictures posted from Saturday!

12 hours ago, Bananiac said:

Sign-Up Sheet

Put me down to start with Crystal Moonstone - Stone/Stone Scrapper

And then I have several more to rotate.

14 hours ago, Bananiac said:

10/07 - Dr Quaterfield - Level 45+ - Firebase Zulu) - "Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom, from the 🟥🟨Anthem) German National Day Celebration - Black, Red & Gold costume colors - Any AT

10/28 - TBD

Sign-Up Sheet

@Bananiac: Mr O'Hallows  - Fire / Nature Affinity Controller

What time of day do these normally kick off? I vaguely remember around 1000 Mountain time? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

11 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Yep, "high noon" Eastern.

Love the signature, btw. 😉

Ah perfect - @Bananiac I would like to sign up for the 10/14 Halloween Teaming. I'll bring my Ice Blast/Cold Domination Corruptor Glacier Peak. I also might try to swap in another character since the event is great for xp!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

On 10/11/2023 at 3:33 AM, FrauleinMental said:

Love the signature, btw. 😉

Me too! Although I honestly took quite a moment to understand it's the signature when I first saw this 😋 But I guess that is the intention! 

@Glacier Peak You should definitely add 999 😄 to it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, FrauleinMental said:

Ice Mistral is the WST for 10/28, so the last week should be taken care of.  (10/21 is listed twice.)

Totally missed that! Thanks for showing me the errors of my ways!

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2023 at 8:31 PM, Midnyte said:

Dr. Quaterfield TF"Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit" (Unity and Justice and Freedom, from the 🟥🟨Anthem)

German National Day Celebration

Black-Red-Gold Costume theme - Any AT

Saturday, 10/7/2023

We had 6 players sign up, and 2 joined as we began

Pvh3Mhp.jpg

aa4pF7Y.jpg

Leading today's adventure, Captain Hammerfall, tanker by @Bananiac

yHv5G7Y.jpg

I just realized that I totally forgot to change my Bio here 🙂 

This is from a toon that was originally named "Kapitan Soviet", which I then repurposed to make him not Russion but Ukrainian after the events of last year. And now this looks a little odd 🙂 

P.S.: Loved to see so many nice Bios for this theme making cool references!