Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

7/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) - "Under the Sea" One power needs to be Water-themed / Fish costumes

If nothing comes up, I will try to be there on Fae Tastic - Time/Storm Defender (it just says water themed and time can be made to look like water and storm blast has water powers in it lol).

• Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 7/13/2024 at 11:01 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

If nothing comes up, I will try to be there on Fae Tastic - Time/Storm Defender (it just says water themed and time can be made to look like water and storm blast has water powers in it lol).

I'd say Storm Blast definitely qualifies! That one has lots of water in it for sure!

I would love if there was the possibility of combining Water Blast with Storm Blast, to make it ALL WATER on a toon. 

But we will probably have to wait for the new powerset in Beta to come live for that.

For Imperious, I plan to bring Tainted Waterlily, A Poison/Water Blast Defender. More a Swamp Thing than Fish, but I hope that's ok.

• Thumbs Up 2

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

On 7/13/2024 at 5:01 PM, TygerDarkstorm said:

I have to guess that was the intention of terming it "water-themed", so we'll allow this. 😄 Also, we ♥ you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I have to guess that was the intention of terming it "water-themed", so we'll allow this. 😄 Also, we ♥ you!

I love you guys too. ❤️ But I'm happy to change to a water blast character if that's what the theme actually is, I just saw water-themed and was like, let's play with that a bit lol. If the new powerset was ready, I would be bringing a marine affinity character instead. 😂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

13 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I love you guys too. ❤️ But I'm happy to change to a water blast character if that's what the theme actually is, I just saw water-themed and was like, let's play with that a bit lol. If the new powerset was ready, I would be bringing a marine affinity character instead. 😂

I hear ya, was just testing it out on beta server. Looks cool!

With Trixie's absence, we don't know whose original idea it was or if she had any particular intention, so we're playing by loose rules right now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Theme Team!

I'm going through some pretty severe health issues and need to step back from leading for now. I almost died last Thursday, and if we had followed my PA's advice of going home and drinking Pedialyte, I would have died. Thank goodness for second opinions. I originally was supposed to have surgery next month; however, now, with my heart issues, I'm not sure it will be possible. Please keep your fingers crossed for me for doctor visits this week. I got out of the hospital last night after being in the ICU for a few days and then in a regular room for a few days.

I need someone else to step up and lead until I get better. You can decide amongst yourselves whether you want to take turns or have one person lead for consistency's sake. This has all been very unexpected and is a bit overwhelming. I appreciate your patience until I get stronger and can lead again. By the way, I may be able to get on and join occasionally. Everything is up in the air health-wise, so I'll be hit or miss.

Warm Regards,

TrixieKixx

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

All the best to you, @TrixieKixx! And get well soon! We will carry the torch for as long a time as you feel you need!

Hope to see you around again in some form or another, once things are getting better! 😷

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

@TrixieKixx So grateful you're okay and made it out of your ordeal alive. 🫂 That sounds absolutely terrifying. Please focus on your health; we'll be wishing you nothing but the best. We look forward to seeing you when you're feeling well to visit. 🙂❤️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 12:42 PM, TrixieKixx said:

I need someone else to step up and lead until I get better. You can decide amongst yourselves whether you want to take turns or have one person lead for consistency's sake. This has all been very unexpected and is a bit overwhelming. I appreciate your patience until I get stronger and can lead again. By the way, I may be able to get on and join occasionally. Everything is up in the air health-wise, so I'll be hit or miss.

You sweet woman, don't worry about a thing! We will move forward on our own, sans your brilliant leadership, as best that we can! We are fine! We really just kind of wing it every week as to who leads... the last time I created the team and managed the TF contact, but I followed others during the missions themselves. We got this! We miss you, but make sure you take care of yourself and pop in sometimes if you can, and The Theme Team shall carry on!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Jaxman100 said:

So this whole crowd strike issue is probably going to prevent me from being available for a while.

Please fix it! Save the world! 🌍 💕 

• Like 1

Turns out I can't make it tomorrow. I have family visiting from out of town and it was decided we're gonna do something in the morning together. Good luck to you all!

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Midnyte said:

Please fix it! Save the world! 🌍 💕 

If anybody can, it's Jaxx!😎

• Like 2

Imperious Task Force - Fish Monster costume - Water powerset

Saturday, July 20, 2024

This ITF had 4 players sign up, and then we added 3 more!

kw6zkh5.jpg

Lez20wO.jpg

@Burnt Umber as Chauliodus Abyssus, corruptor
jH8e9nC.jpg

Wake Monster, corruptor by @FrauleinMental

(thanks for forming the team!)
yPIN5ur.jpg

Two separate looks from Tainted Waterlily, defender by @Bananiac
pGQmdWB.jpg

@Midnyte brought corruptor, Wavemender
8qyX8Sk.jpg

Catch of the Day, tanker, who changed staffs w/out changing costumes!
(Still haven't figured that out.... can the 3 Forms each have a different weapon? I need to find out 😄)
VqWlqh0.jpg

lawiKcT.jpg

@Glacier Peak was able to help us out with defender, Empirical
PRtT7z0.jpg

CrabbyPatty, crab spider, a last-minute recruit!
EPLR6mD.jpg

BLjDB3E.jpg

u85RJsw.jpg

ekOqCgy.jpg

Ready to roll!
5bejbP0.jpg

qahnV2G.jpg

Y19Du8R.jpg

The water effects were captivating today!
sWTBjjq.jpg

gC9auUe.jpg

knAR6Yo.jpg

Tv7efDf.jpg

HIC1h8B.jpg

xnXQzjY.jpg

Level-ups galore!
wJFTHfu.jpg

KP8hu7w.jpg

~ The End ~

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Sign-up sheet:

7/6 - Apex / Tin Mage (Level 50 - Purple - RWZ) - All Widow Team / Horror Movie Creature (how scary!) costumes

7/13 - Sara Moore (Level 40-50; Blue Side: Cascade Archipelago) - Any AT / How close can you get to the costumes of our enemies? (Circle of ThornsNemesisSoldiers of Rularuu) Let's infiltrate!!

7/20 - Imperious (Level 35-50 - Purple - Cimerora) - "Under the Sea" One power needs to be Water-themed / Fish costumes

7/27 - Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) - Any AT / Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes

1. @Midnyte: Garden Frost - Plant/Icy Dom (as Columbia)

2. @TygerDarkstorm: Frostie Claws - Ice/Claws Tanker (as gender-bent Eddie)

3. @FrauleinMental: Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin Controller (as Magenta)

4. @Bananiac: Eddie - Symphonic/Savage Dominator (as Eddie) - [maybe]

5. @Jaxman100: TBD - [maybe]

Edited by Midnyte
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnyte said:

7/27 - Penelope Yin (Level 20-25 – Blue Side: Independence Port) - Any AT / Rocky Horror Picture Show costumes

I'm going to try and be there on Frostie Claws - Ice/Claws Tanker as gender-bent Eddie

• Thumbs Up 1

We're on our last theme for July, so we should get an August slate ready.  We have 5 Saturdays in August, and here's what I've pulled from the event calendar for available Weekly Strike Targets [with the WST and theme we did the last 3 cycles]:

• 3 Aug:
    • Ms. Liberty TF (Ms. Liberty, Level 45-50) [3 Feb: "Knights Templar", all Tanker/Brute team]
    • Future of Freedom (Lord Recluse, Level 45-50) [4 May: Black as Night]
    • Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50) [4 Nov: "A Night at The Arcade" Favorite iconic character from any other pc/console/arcade game from your childhood or other game you play today - Any AT]
  • 10 Aug:
    • Citadel's Children (Citadel, Level 25-30) [10 Feb: Favorite AT, Romantic costumes in Valentine colors]
    • Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20) [11 Nov: "Fatal Flowers", Plant/Nature/Bio costumes and powers]
    • The Eden Trial (Woodsman, Level 39-41) [11 May: Barbarian costumes]
  • 17 Aug:
    • The Lady Grey TF (Lady Grey, Level 45-50) [18 May: All Sybil costumes]
    • The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30) [18 Nov: "World Domination", All Dominator team; Evil genius mastermind costumes from the movies]
    • Pirates of the Skies (Silver Mantis, Level 20-25) [17 Feb: "Build your own Djinn", storm powers, Arabian costumes]
  • 24 Aug:
    • Following Countess Crey (Manticore, Level 30-35) [skipped 25 Nov for Maria Jenkins arc, Thanksgiving weekend]
    • The Sky is Falling (Admiral Sutter, Level 20-40) [25 May: All Blaster team, Military costumes]
    • The Fire and the Flames (Mortimer Kal, Level 20-40) [24 Feb: Warrior costumes]
  • 31 Aug:
    • Market Crash (Ada Wellington, Level 40-50) [2 Mar: Star Trek costumes]
    • Temple of the Waters (Operative Renault, Level 25-30) [2 Dec: All Radiation]
    • The Kheldian War (Moonfire, Level 23-28) [1 Jun: Wolf/Vampire costumes, Claws/Psi/Mind powers]

For reference, we did the summer themes for August 2023:

• 8/5 - Ms. Liberty (Level 45-50 - Blue Side: Independence Port) - Costume to reflect your favorite Summer treat! Any AT
  • 8/12 - Virgil Tarikoss (Level 15-20 - Red Side: Cap au Diable) - Stormy Nights - All Stormy AT's (at least one power)
  • 8/19 - Silver Mantis (Level 20-25 – Red Side – Sharkhead Isle) - Beat the Heat! How bare can you go? All Energy AT's
  • 8/26 - Admiral Sutter (Level 20-40 – Blue Side – Independence Port) - Beach Day - Costume with your best beach look! Any AT

I've compiled a few ideas for themes, some from previous discussions in the thread:

• Costume Contest - Bring a costume you have (or would) bring to a costume contest
  • Disco Forever - Disco/dancing costumes, Skittle ATs (Variety Act)
  • Snow Crash - Bring your dystopian cyber/tech costumes!
  • Highland Games - Scottish (or Highlander) costumes, Bring out your plaid kilts!
  • Steampunk/Victoriana
  • "In love with a Preacher(wo)man" - Clergy-themed costumes, e.g. Priests, Nuns, Buddhist or Zen-Monks, or other religion-inspired costumes
  • Team Dynamo - Electric/Storm/Kinetic powers and costumes, based on Ban's "Drain it like a Pro!" theme
  • Dark Star - All Warshades, dark costumes
  • Supernova - All Peacebringers, bright costumes

If we went by cycle, this would be the lineup:

• 3 Aug - Abandoned Sewer Trial (Mairenn MacGregor, Level 38-50)
  • 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20)
  • 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30)
  • 24 Aug - Following Countess Crey (Manticore, Level 30-35)
  • 31 Aug - Temple of the Waters (Operative Renault, Level 25-30)

Anyone have preferences/suggestions for WST or Theme?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2