Themed TF/SF Saturdays

TraumaTrain

Please list me as a maybe TBD; I'm hoping nothing comes up for this weekend, but not sure which blaster to bring. If I can't level one of my others in time, I'll try to be on Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Dev Blaster

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Sign up for 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20) - "Fighting Fire with Fire" (Any AT/powers; Fire/Demon/Necromancy-themed costumes)

1. @FrauleinMental Radical Flambe - Rad/Fire Brute
  2. @Burnt Umber Alichino - Demons/Pain MM
  3. @ZamuelNow Operative Hugo - Arsenal/Forcefield Controller
  4. @Bananiac Chainbow  - Arrow/Dark Sentinel
  5. @Midnyte Global Catastrophe - Seismic/Storm Corruptor
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??
Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Sign up for 10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20) - "Fighting Fire with Fire" (Any AT/powers; Fire/Demon/Necromancy-themed costumes)

2. ??
  3. ??
  4. ??
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

I am hoping to be there on Sea Demoness - Demons/Marine MM

• Like 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Sorry I missed Theme Team today; I was a bit under the weather.  I hope it still went well.

4 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

10 Aug - Beast of the Mountain (Virgil Tarikoss, Level 15-20) - "Fighting Fire with Fire" (Any AT/powers; Fire/Demon/Necromancy-themed costumes)

I'll try to be there with Alichino - Demons/Pain MM

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh derp, I forgot what the date for next weekend is; we're having a yard sale that day so I won't be able to make it to TT. Happy hunting to you all!

• Sad 1

On 8/3/2024 at 7:37 PM, FrauleinMental said:

3. ??
  4. ??
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

I hope to be there again this time. Still undecided which toon to bring, I keep you posted.

EDIT: Sign me up with Chainbow (Arrow/Dark Sentinel). - Dark Armor actually makes a nice, flamy aura if you set it right and color appropriately. I like that look quite a lot!

Edited by Bananiac
  • Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!

7 hours ago, ZamuelNow said:

Wait, any powerset?  If so, tentatively put me down as Operative Hugo - Arsenal/Forcefield Controller.  Would actually be my first one of these on a villain.

Yep, any powerset.  I think the original idea was demons and fire, but the Bat'Zul are pretty fire-resistant.

On 8/3/2024 at 1:37 PM, FrauleinMental said:

3. @ZamuelNow Operative Hugo - Arsenal/Forcefield Controller
  4. @Bananiac TBD
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

I will bring Global Catastrophe - Seismic/Stone Sentinel

• Like 1

Sign up for 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30) - "Striga Infiltration" (Any AT/powers, Council costumes)

1. @FrauleinMental Lost Time - Mind/Time CTRL (TF unlocked)
  2. @Burnt Umber Nox Atrissima - Night Widow
  3. @Midnyte Global Catastrophe - Seismic/Storm Corruptor
  4. @Milrop Mesocyclone - Storm/Ice blaster
  5. Cece - Celestiala - Empath/Dark defender
  6. (maybe) @Bananiac Smiley Goblin - Beam Rifle / Traps Corruptor
  7. ??
  8. ??
Edited by FrauleinMental
  • Like 1

I love the Hess TF but will be out of town that day for a Girl Scout camping trip. Good luck to you all!

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Sign up for 17 Aug - The MegaMech Cometh (Ernesto Hess, 25-30) - "Striga Infiltration" (Any AT/powers, Council costumes)

1. @FrauleinMental Fraulein Mental - Mind/Kin CTRL (TF unlocked)
  3. ??
  4. ??
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

I'd like to see us get back to the themes that are more about ATs and powersets, with the costume being a secondary part of that. So putting in my vote for that for the future!

That said, looking forward to joining this Hess and becoming another Burkholder's Bane! 😄  I will be traveling but will have my laptop with me, staying at my friend's alpaca farm just like last summer when I had to miss out due to that internet problem in the barn loft. She assures me it is fixed and functional now! Fingers crossed. 🙂

I plan to bring Global Catastrophe - Seismic/Storm Corruptor (P.S. I got it right the first time this week 😆)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Midnyte said:

I'd like to see us get back to the themes that are more about ATs and powersets, with the costume being a secondary part of that. So putting in my vote for that for the future!

I'll keep that in mind for next month, which I'm already starting to assemble.

Also: Shardtober is coming, and I'm considering setting a month-long theme for it.  We haven't done the final two Shadow Shard TFs in Theme for quite a while (last Justin Augustine was in April 2022, Faathim the Kind in April 2023).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

I'll keep that in mind for next month, which I'm already starting to assemble.

Also: Shardtober is coming, and I'm considering setting a month-long theme for it.  We haven't done the final two Shadow Shard TFs in Theme for quite a while (last Justin Augustine was in April 2022, Faathim the Kind in April 2023).

I would really enjoy doing a Shardtober! Halloween costumes or something like that even. We've done theme team ToT weekends before too.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've come up with some themes for September and Shardtober.  Since I have them early enough, I thought I'd throw them out for comments/suggestions.

Suggested themes for September:

• 7 Sep - Soul of the Woodsman (Numina, Level 35-40) - NuMMina TF (one of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)
  • 14 Sep - Cavern of Transcendence (Karsis, Level 12-15) [last Theme Sep 2022] (Note: Unlock required for leader) - “Pinball Wizard” - Kinetics or Kinetic Melee powerset
  • 21 Sep - Terra Volta Respec #2 (James Harlan, Level 34-43) - Oktoberfest - Beer (Water) powers, Oktoberfest costumes [As far as I can tell, we've never done TVspec 2 or 3 in Theme.]
  • 28 Sep - Positron 1+2 (Level 8+) - THEM!  All insect motif (another of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

“An Arachnos Shardtober” – Month-long theme (Arachnos invasion - All VEATs):

• 5 Oct - Explorers and Exploiters (Dr. Quaterfield, Level 40-45) [last Theme Oct 2023] (Note: This is faster if everyone has Team Transport, but even then it’s a 2-hour TF.)
  • 12 Oct - The Legend of Ruladak (Sara Moore, Level 44-50)
  • 19 Oct - The Saga of Faathim (Justin Augustine, Level 44-50) [last Theme Apr 2022]
  • 26 Oct - The Saga of Lanaru (Faathim the Kind, Level 44-50) [last Theme Apr 2023]

2 Nov is the weekend right after Halloween, so Dr. Kane's House of Horror (Level 15-29, 4 players per team) might still be up for an Illusion power, Halloween costume theme.  Otherwise, the next up in the WST cycle is Ms. Liberty TF (Ms. Liberty, Level 45-50).  There is a fair chance I'll be on the road that day, so I may ask for someone to lead.

None of these are set yet, so please chime in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2024 at 4:53 PM, FrauleinMental said:

I've come up with some themes for September and Shardtober.  Since I have them early enough, I thought I'd throw them out for comments/suggestions.

Suggested themes for September:

• 7 Sep - Soul of the Woodsman (Numina, Level 35-40) - NuMMina TF (one of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)
  • 14 Sep - Cavern of Transcendence (Karsis, Level 12-15) [last Theme Sep 2022] (Note: Unlock required for leader) - “Pinball Wizard” - Kinetics or Kinetic Melee powerset
  • 21 Sep - Terra Volta Respec #2 (James Harlan, Level 34-43) - Oktoberfest - Beer (Water) powers, Oktoberfest costumes [As far as I can tell, we've never done TVspec 2 or 3 in Theme.]
  • 28 Sep - Positron 1+2 (Level 8+) - THEM!  All insect motif (another of Rich’s original themes from page 1 of this thread!)

“An Arachnos Shardtober” – Month-long theme (Arachnos invasion - All VEATs):

• 5 Oct - Explorers and Exploiters (Dr. Quaterfield, Level 40-45) [last Theme Oct 2023] (Note: This is faster if everyone has Team Transport, but even then it’s a 2-hour TF.)
  • 12 Oct - The Legend of Ruladak (Sara Moore, Level 44-50)
  • 19 Oct - The Saga of Faathim (Justin Augustine, Level 44-50) [last Theme Apr 2022]
  • 26 Oct - The Saga of Lanaru (Faathim the Kind, Level 44-50) [last Theme Apr 2023]

2 Nov is the weekend right after Halloween, so Dr. Kane's House of Horror (Level 15-29, 4 players per team) might still be up for an Illusion power, Halloween costume theme.  Otherwise, the next up in the WST cycle is Ms. Liberty TF (Ms. Liberty, Level 45-50).  There is a fair chance I'll be on the road that day, so I may ask for someone to lead.

None of these are set yet, so please chime in!

Looks fantastic! Thank you for including so many AT/powerset requirements. We have a fun autumn ahead!

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2024 at 9:33 PM, FrauleinMental said:

1. @FrauleinMental Lost Time - Mind/Time CTRL (TF unlocked)
  3. @Midnyte Global Catastrophe - Seismic/Storm Corruptor
  4. ??
  5. ??
  6. ??
  7. ??
  8. ??

Again, not sure if I have the time this saturday. If I can make it, it would be with Smiley Goblin (Beam Rifle / Traps Corruptor) playing hardlight holographic tricks on the foolish Nazi punks.

Also, for the next 2 weeks, it will be spontaneous, if at all.

Should be more regular schedule again for me once september passes...

And thank you so much @FrauleinMental for taking the lead on this! Much appreciated, even when I am not taking part every time!

• Like 1

That incident involving a nuclear accelerator and a banana… You know… I REALLY don't wanna talk about it!