Demon/Storm

Xandyr

Hi all !

I've been wanting to play /Storm Summoning, and can't decide if I want to play as an MM (Demon/Storm), or as a Storm/x Defender.

After debating, I think I've decided on Demon/Storm. I had a Demon/Time on Live, and it was extremely powerful (OK, I admit, /Time with anything is gonna be powerful). However, I'm thinking with the MM Pet IOs that give +Defense, +Resist, coupled with the Defense/Resist from Steamy Mist and Maneuvers, throw in the Ember Shield from Demons, along with the Heal the Ember demon has, and well,,,,,it makes sense that the Demons should have pretty good survivability. Especially since /Storm will help "arrest" faster.

Thoughts on the pairing?

Thanks 

Try a fire/ice/water Corr with /storm.

skip hurricane, dont use gale.  stack those rain powers

Slap KB to KD in Tornado and Lightning Storm for more dots

and then perma hasten for more dots while you dot

freezing rain + rain of fire + tornadox2 + lightning stormx2 on say an AV is just balls amazing.  and regular every day trash being under freezing rain + rain of fire is mind blowing, and even more afterwards when SCOURGE starts kicking in on rain of fire.  and if you go ice/storm you can stack THREE RAINS FOR EVEN MORE SCOURGE

While the contrarians will disagree, storm is bad for group play and its really meh to keep pets alive in either a large group or large enemy spawn situation.  but if you just wanna solo on low settings, cant stop ya

demon/storm is good. One of the highest damage builds in the game. I never had issues playing at 0x5 from the late 20's up to +2x8 at 50. Higher than that and your pets start struggling a bit. My various other storm builds were much harder to solo.

/storm MM's provides one of the best opportunities to really embrace fully playing the storm set. Everyone has to chose between storming and blasting/controlling, but a MM can still do damage and storm at the same time.

I know it is en vogue right now to skip hurricane, but that seems short sighted out on a MM. You can push spawns closer together to fully maximize the cones of the demons as well as provide a ton of active mitigation for your pets via kd converted gale, hurricane and freezing rain.  If I was planning a hurricane free MM I'd just play /cold.

When all your pets are out including hell on earth, plus several storm summons, the damage is pretty unreal. Way way higher than my storm/sonic and fire/storm (troller). 

• Like 1

I love my Demon/Storm.  I took the fire epic so with Gale and Bonfire (both with -kb) there's solid mitigation to start the fight then things get nutty with the storm goodies and 2 whip attacks from the primary + fireball.  Big thumbs up from me for this combo.

Demons/Time works very well not only bc /Time is so powerful.  But also bc of the synchronicity of Def and Res sets:.  /Time provides enough Def to softcap Demons.  Demon are a resistance set, with Ember Demon providing even more +Res from Ember Shield.   

Demons/Storm is a strong pairing with insane damage potential, but will not be softcapped and will not be the same survivability wise.  It's most noticeable for Solo play. on the other hand /Storm can softcap Thugs.   Demons will have higher Resistance (including your MM) and Ember gives you an aoe heal.  But personally if you want Demons, then I say go /Cold like Frosticus mentioned.  ( /Cold can softcap Demons...)

On top of that decide what playstyle you want for your MM like ranged vs melee, Tankermind etc.   Demons are melee. Thugs being all ranged besides the Bruiser, with the new MM controls allowing ranged pets to stay on place, pairs VERY well with Hurricane.   It's cheesy, but at least for leveling up you can park them in the back edge of your Hurricane, then use Provoke to get the enemies targeting you. Enemies will mostly keep hopelessly running at you and bouncing off the Hurricane without getting any attacks off.  Meanwhile your Thugs will be shooting them like a day at range.  Once you have aggro from Provoke you should be able to let the melee Bruiser rampage, since it's just him outside Hurricane your single target heal can top him off.  

Edited by Dr Causality