Homecoming Server Update (August 8th): Dev Choice, Costume Contest, Discord Announcement Channel

Jimmy

• City Council

New Dev Choice Arcs in Architect Entertainment
First up, we've got two brand new Dev Choice arcs for you to look at. This time it’s a two-parter set in Cimerora!

• Tales of Cimerora: Of feathers and fur (Volume 1) (Arc ID 1261) by @Nebulhym: Anyone who loves mythology or is craving a little extra "Cimeroran" content, look no further! This story arc involves teaming up with Daedalus, and getting to feel like a demigod of Roman Mythology, sent on a task by the gods to help defend Cimerora. If you enjoy mythology, you'll see a lot of familiar names and characters pop up in this arc! Be sure to bring some fellow heroes, because on lvl 54, these enemies are certainly a challenge!
  • Tales of Cimerora: From Tartarus with love... (Volume 2) (Arc ID 1262) by @Nebulhym: We honestly enjoyed Volume 1 so much, we couldn't wait to delve back into the world of mythology and play Volume 2, and let me tell you - it did NOT disappoint.  This time we're tasked by Imperious himself, to dive back into the stories of old and help defend Cimerora. We particularly enjoyed the custom characters and the map choices (Temple of Neptune). If you enjoyed the first volume, be sure to test out this one as well!

Check out GM Arcanum's post for the full details, as well as information about submitting your own arcs for consideration.

Monthly Costume Contest: Technology (August 22nd)
Come join us on Saturday August 22nd at 5pm EST (9pm UTC) in Kallisti Wharf on all shards for the continuation of our origin themed costume contests. This month we are all about Technology! Unique and creative costumes are always encouraged - we can't wait to see what you come up with.

As usual, a myriad of prizes will be up for grabs - check out this thread for the full details.

Derek’s Disaster Averted!
Thanks to the valiant efforts of the many Heroes & Villains on all shards who turned up to help @Mender Silos fix @Mender Derek's mistakes, the timeline has been saved… for now.

Check out this thread for a gallery of screenshots from Derek’s visit to each shard.

Discord Update: Community Server Program
We’ve signed up to Discord’s new Community Server program. This has several small perks, but most importantly of all it allows us to set up a much-requested Discord Announcements channel. You’re now able to relay our Announcement channel to your own Discord server in order to forward these updates into a channel of your choosing.

image.png.08b1303a2c66134b92bd42f8c30de888.png

Also - if you’ve got a spare Nitro Boost going please consider boosting our Discord! It allows us to maintain several cool benefits for the server.

Folding@home Update: All-Time Top 100 Teams
We’ve just overtaken Ukraine in the Folding@home team rankings, which has pushed us into the all-time top 100 teams. 

image.png.8e1be374061cab8cb97c023d1a6824e9.png

We’re on track to beat Poland in a few hours, which will bring us to position 99. We’re incredibly proud of everyone involved in making this happen. Check out this thread if you’d like to get involved, you may even win some in-game prizes!

- The Homecoming Team

• Like 8

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I just happened to play the two Tales of Cimerora this last week.....awesome arcs with the right mix of lore and new.  Not to sound greedy, but perhaps a 3rd tale some day?

• Like 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, duane said:

I just happened to play the two Tales of Cimerora this last week.....awesome arcs with the right mix of lore and new.  Not to sound greedy, but perhaps a 3rd tale some day?

That is so nice! Thanks so much!

I have already started thinking about a third act! So let's see!

Once again, a huge thank you to the Dev team and to our amazing community!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 10:47 AM, Kallisti said:

Great Story arcs but can we PLEASE have Sister Solaris' outfit for female player characters? 🙂

I still hold out hope they will give us all the npc costume parts like we had on titan icon/paragon chat. 

• Like 1

On 8/9/2020 at 9:47 AM, Kallisti said:

Great Story arcs but can we PLEASE have Sister Solaris' outfit for female player characters? 🙂

Yes.

The original justification for not giving us this and other NPC costume parts was that they were too computationally expensive. Solaris' long, flowing dress, for example, is made of two cape systems. (Ghost Widow's/Belladonna's) hair is a cape system as well.

Computers are much more powerful than they used to be. Hands up everyone who playing CoH on the same computer they were in 2012? Exactly. I think we can afford for players to have more complex costumes in this day and age.

• Like 3