Stalwart is now a bad guy?

d4verman

17 minutes ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

If you do Vigilante tip/alignment missions you see his progression and can nudge his fall. I really liked that aspect!

I think that's one of few things missing from Ouroborus. 

Once you ding 30, I don't think you can do a 20-29 tip mission ever again.

Once you ding 40, I don't think you can do a 30-39 tip mission ever again.

I'm hoping there IS actually a way to do it that I just don't know about yet. 

Similar to the way you can do the Villain Disruptor / Hero Slayer badge and then do any Safeguard/Mayhem that you outleveled.

• Like 3

I think it would be a good mission to go into a building to bust a drug deal, and find Stalwart in the middle of it.  Being desperate, he sees the drugs he's buying to be his only way to maintain his hero hood.

He puts up a fight, but concedes before unconsciousness, not wanting to end his career on the wrong side of the law.

The hero talks to him, explaining that there is more to being a hero, and more kinds of heroes than crime stoppers,  Convinces him to go to the hospital to get into a drug treatment program and to consider how he can use the rest of his life to help people improve their lives.

3 hours ago, Rishidian said:

I think it would be a good mission to go into a building to bust a drug deal, and find Stalwart in the middle of it.  Being desperate, he sees the drugs he's buying to be his only way to maintain his hero hood.

He puts up a fight, but concedes before unconsciousness, not wanting to end his career on the wrong side of the law.

The hero talks to him, explaining that there is more to being a hero, and more kinds of heroes than crime stoppers,  Convinces him to go to the hospital to get into a drug treatment program and to consider how he can use the rest of his life to help people improve their lives.

Well, you get half of that. (Literally did that as a tip mission within the last 15 minutes.) I wouldn't argue with a "talk to or fight out" option in it.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

5 hours ago, MTeague said:

I think that's one of few things missing from Ouroborus. 

Once you ding 30, I don't think you can do a 20-29 tip mission ever again.

Once you ding 40, I don't think you can do a 30-39 tip mission ever again.

I'm hoping there IS actually a way to do it that I just don't know about yet. 

Similar to the way you can do the Villain Disruptor / Hero Slayer badge and then do any Safeguard/Mayhem that you outleveled.

Technically, there is a way for you to revisit lower level tip missions.

The catch is, they can't be your missions.

You'd need to team up with a lower level character and do theirs.

I know that's not what you were wanting though...

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:42 PM, d4verman said:

(For all I know, there could be, there's a lot of things I have forgotten or did not experience before the CoX was canned. For instance is Overdrive a woman? I always though she was a dude. It only occurred to me that she was female because of some offhand NPC dialogue.)

Yes, Overdrive is a woman.

On 8/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, Chris24601 said:

Yeah, high pressure water can actually do a LOT of damage in real life,

That's for sure.  I forget what movie it was, but the director used a full strength fire hose for realism and it ruptured an actors ear drum and made them pass out from the pain.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 8/26/2020 at 8:36 PM, Twisted Toon said:

Technically, there is a way for you to revisit lower level tip missions.

The catch is, they can't be your missions.

You'd need to team up with a lower level character and do theirs.

I know that's not what you were wanting though...

fair point, but yes, I meant for that character to personally acquire the tip.

29 minutes ago, Ironblade said:

Yes, Overdrive is a woman.

That's for sure.  I forget what movie it was, but the director used a full strength fire hose for realism and it ruptured an actors ear drum and made them pass out from the pain.

Extremely high pressure water does not take no for an answer.

You can even use waterjets to cut diamonds, but that's generally too time consuming.

They tend to use lasers when they need to cut diamonds themselves.

Waterjet cutters tend to have a pool of water beneath them, becuase that's one thing the waterjet won't cut... the force of the waterjet agitates the pool of water like nobodies business, but the force is dissipated in the process.... as long as the pool of water is deep enough. 

13 hours ago, MTeague said:

You can even use waterjets to cut diamonds, but that's generally too time consuming.

They tend to use lasers when they need to cut diamonds themselves.

Waterjet cutters tend to have a pool of water beneath them, becuase that's one thing the waterjet won't cut... the force of the waterjet agitates the pool of water like nobodies business, but the force is dissipated in the process.... as long as the pool of water is deep enough. 

When I was a teenager I was hired by a fast food restaurant to come in on the weekend (when they were closed) and use a pressure hose to clean the parking lot. I'm fairly certain that the strength of that water jet could slice your fingers off if you were dumb enough to stick your hand in it. That thing tore up concrete if you sprayed it in the cracks, and I had to be really careful if I didn't want to ruin the parking lot further with it.

It's like that scene in The Last Airbender cartoon where Aang and Katara slice through metal beams with their water bending. Water can be extremely dangerous at high pressures and could probably cut through bone if pressurized enough. 

• Like 2

Global Handle: @Gibs

A guy with unpopular opinions.