Super Reflexes Issues

Sapphire Lotus

Also you can aggro them then jump away, and they’ll often drop the quartz at their feet before charging after you, allowing you to fight them safely. Depends on how fast you’re getting shredded if you engage directly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sapphire Lotus said:

So I have a max level SR/SS Brute and fought some Devouring Earth in the Maria Jenkins arc with my GF, I am max capped for Defense, I am literally getting get by everything, is there something with DE that just shreds SR? 

Quartz are particularly nasty to SR since it has no other form of inherent mitigation save the scaling resistances, which can get leapfrogged at the levels you see DE.

• Like 1

Mostly on Torchbearer, but if you ever see me on, feel free to say hello!

Astral.Kai - Peacebringer; Dark.Enforcer - Dark/Shield Scrapper; Spark.Enforcer - Electrical/Shield Scrapper; Shadow.Reign - Dark/Regen Brute;

Glitter - Warshade;

And others to be added as I get them up to snuff, lol!

When you look at Attack Mechanics you will notice that ToHit directly opposes Defense. Either aggro the LTs placing the emanators and immediately get out of range, as proposed by Werner already, or you knock the spawn down with Footstomp and kill the Quartz immediately after it has been placed and while the spawn is still recovering from KD.

Quartz emanator's buff

tu6Vnrq.jpg

and for good measure: Cairn emanator's buff

F6N3ozl.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yup, the To Hit buff will destroy you even if you're the lone SR user still possessing and using Elude (enhanced).  Been a long time since I  checked in game but I believe the buff they provide is +100%.  It'll eat anyone's defense SR included.  They get a targetting macro all their own from my Claws/SR.

PS: Which I see confirmed above.  And certain Rularuu Eyeballs pull the same stunt

Edited by Doomguide2005
Add PS

On 8/19/2020 at 2:53 PM, Werner said:

Also you can aggro them then jump away, and they’ll often drop the quartz at their feet before charging after you, allowing you to fight them safely. Depends on how fast you’re getting shredded if you engage directly.

Taunt should reduce their range too helping you draw them.  Seems like a good tactic.  

=============

Arguably SR on Brutes is the best version of SR. 

Tanker numbers for SR are actually too high, a lot is wasted for most content. 

Brutes still get the really good Power Pick Progression, with Melee, Ranged and AOE toggle defenses by level 20. 

Brutes get a Taunt Aura in Evasion as well.