Raise Argro Cap!

Kaplow23

To answer the questions directed at me: Short answer, is that my best memories of this game were from the old days. Wipes were a LOT more common than they are today. So naturally, whether backed by math or not, my mind will always associate Larger Cap = More Fun, More Wipes.

As illogical as that is, that's just how my mind interprets the information stored within. Also, no touch backs!

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Number Six said:

Wow, it sure feels like it. The 2020 time dilation field is in full effect.

Your responses to the Aggro Cap debate is actually a lot more updated than the response that I read over a year ago. This is the first time I recall seeing your response on the subject. Mainly because once I seen what GM Widower wrote, I accepted it and half ass avoided the subject thereafter. Either way, the answer still seems a strong no, lol.

If a raised aggro cap is THAT important to players, well...they have options to go play with higher caps. For me, it's not that important. It would be nice if I could tie you to a table and submit you to Chinese water torture until you gave in and allowed a higher aggro cap...but, I'm fine with it as is as well, lol.

28 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Why would there be a wipe with a larger cap?  

In my line of thinking the fact Tankers can hold so many Mobs in aggro is one way where COH is too safe.  

I'd like the mob to decide to go for an easy target every now and then.

=====

Id like Tankers to be able to PULL 50 Mobs.  Preferably not on purpose.   But only Hold Aggro on like 17  ...   

THEN there would be wipes.

=====

I'd like the mobs that are in LOS standing 50 meters away not just to stand there while you are beating up all their friends.  

I'd like mobs to be able to hear/call buddies from a reasonable distance. 

I'd like them to set up huge ambushes when you get off the elevator.  "Sam called and Some idiots are coming up!  Get ready boys ..." 

I'd like 4 person teams to require at least one Tanker/Brute/Controller or Dominator to handle Aggro   

I'd like 8 person teams to need TWO of the above plus at least 2 support (secondaries ok) 

My memories of the early issues of Live are a little fuzzy with time.

But it feels like there's code in the AI that still tries to make this happen. 

I start beating up on a Family Hit Man.  He runs, until he's standing in the middle of a gorup of his buddies, then turns to shoot me.

They don't help him. 

If I don't shoot back, they won't aggro me. 

But he was clearly TRYING to run for help to chain aggro.

I've seen this behavior from multiple enemy factions.  Council, Sky Raiders, Malta, Carnies, Skulls, Slag Golems, Arachnos, Longbow, etc.

But the aggro never chains.

I've never been able to decide if that's good or bad. It could get REAL punishing, REAL fast, for those without a good means to stop runners in their tracks. 

Solo play could suffer SEVERLY if this were changed to chain aggro. That would be bad.

But it's so titantically dumb that their buddy runs for help, stands right in the middle of them shooting at me, and unless I shoot back, they're like, "nah, it's all good Bob. You got this."

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MTeague said:

My memories of the early issues of Live are a little fuzzy with time.

But it feels like there's code in the AI that still tries to make this happen. 

I start beating up on a Family Hit Man.  He runs, until he's standing in the middle of a gorup of his buddies, then turns to shoot me.

They don't help him. 

If I don't shoot back, they won't aggro me. 

But he was clearly TRYING to run for help to chain aggro.

I've seen this behavior from multiple enemy factions.  Council, Sky Raiders, Malta, Carnies, Skulls, Slag Golems, Arachnos, Longbow, etc.

But the aggro never chains.

I've never been able to decide if that's good or bad. It could get REAL punishing, REAL fast, for those without a good means to stop runners in their tracks. 

Solo play could suffer SEVERLY if this were changed to chain aggro. That would be bad.

But it's so titantically dumb that their buddy runs for help, stands right in the middle of them shooting at me, and unless I shoot back, they're like, "nah, it's all good Bob. You got this."

they're meant to lure dumb players to accidentally aggro that next spawn.

and it works on pets sometimes

6 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Your responses to the Aggro Cap debate is actually a lot more updated than the response that I read over a year ago. This is the first time I recall seeing your response on the subject. Mainly because once I seen what GM Widower wrote, I accepted it and half ass avoided the subject thereafter. Either way, the answer still seems a strong no, lol.

If a raised aggro cap is THAT important to players, well...they have options to go play with higher caps. For me, it's not that important. It would be nice if I could tie you to a table and submit you to Chinese water torture until you gave in and allowed a higher aggro cap...but, I'm fine with it as is as well, lol.

Keeping the CAP as is, is also important to a lot of folks who like the game as is now. (raises hand). That's clear a consideration always for the devs. Glad it was stated in a thread.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Keeping the CAP as is, is also important to a lot of folks who like the game as is now. (raises hand). That's clear a consideration always for the devs. Glad it was stated in a thread.

This ain't about you, @golstat2003! This is about MEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeee!!!   😜

• Haha 1