<*>THE NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP - EVERLASTING 1v1 PVP TOURNAMENT <*>

CU_Krow

1 hour ago, arcaneholocaust said:

I think we see formats that involve elimination more often than not. After reading the rules, I see it’ll be interesting getting to fight and lose 5 whole matches. Will need aloe after all that.

Yeah 1v1 CoH PVP is kinda rock-paper-scissors. (Most of the time if you lost it's due to a bad matchup.) This is why we went with a points system over a knockout tournament; the idea being that if people have enough fights, eventually their rock will have fought an equal amount of scissors, papers, and rocks, and player ability starts to become the overall deciding factor in the winner. (As much as it can be.)

Plus people get to play more, which is fun!

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

2 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

Spouse wants to go out for dinner tomorrow night.   Sorry; doesn't look like I'll be able to do the housing for you folks this time.

Good luck!

No worries. Have fun. :classic_biggrin:

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Tonight's the night! 6pm at the Sapphire Section of the Peregrine Island Arena on the Everlasting server.

Here's what the section looks like:

image.png.1737c4bd0daaeee2910773d31461497d.png

We'll be in the upstairs bit:

image.png.7da1c458dc6bbdeace269cef313b2ea8.png

Melee entrants, please stand next to this guy:

image.png.c43547ed3bafd995e3e5d2771248aba3.png

Ranged Entrants please stand next to this guy:

image.png.6bcdd171f31200e733561011882c40ef.png

If you're new to the arena, my next post will show you how to set up a match.

hmmm usually only takes a few minutes, but  can't seem to get a toon moved to everlasting for tourney...taking more than a day so far for two toons moved yesterday morning.    Hope to be there but will all depend on timing of having toon moved. 

1 minute ago, Loopy said:

hmmm usually only takes a few minutes, but  can't seem to get a toon moved to everlasting for tourney...taking more than a day so far for two toons moved yesterday morning.    Hope to be there but will all depend on timing of having toon moved. 

any luck pming a GM bout it? You still have about 7-8ish hours, hope you can make it!

Edited by CU_Krow

New to the arena? Don't worry. This post will show you how to start matches. (Players have to set up their own matches once they have been told who their opponent is.)

First, find a Battle Terminal and click on it. Or just type /arenalist

image.png.415c4de2ab6e955d5cb9c875e8b62290.png

This will bring up the arena list. Once here, click on "Create Event"

image.png.f2446fb114308a16eb036f3e8c312143.png

This will create an event. And will take you to this window:

image.png.3065f3a3e214511e802c404ae33f6312.png

Now, click on "Random Map", and make sure you've selected the right map for the round you are in. (We'll be announcing which map to use in the Request channel.)

image.png.773f50a417fd337e9d3c8c20a4583d2d.png

If you're in the RANGED bracket, click on "More Options":

image.png.cb1a66498d02cdb3c6529bc167ece329.png

Then set it to "Small Inspirations Only":

image.png.f37c98bb93c37d989644f4c2d795198f.png

If you're in the MELEE bracket, Click on "More Options":

image.png.cb1a66498d02cdb3c6529bc167ece329.png

And change it so it says "No Inspirations Allowed":

image.png.c5448816902ceb4c2dbeb0bc2affd10e.png

Congrats! You're all set up!

Now there's only one thing left to do - invite your opponent!

If you see them you can right click on them and select "Invite to Arena Event"

image.png.501bc4d06c4e6d1a066842819792d4a2.png

Or you can type /ai and then their name to invite them to the match. Like this:

image.png.ff976df8581ecf70c9cda0951e3040d1.png

And that's everything! Go fight!

However, if you're just coming to watch...

All you need to do is click on an arena terminal (or type /arenalist) and then change it from "Show Best Fit" to "Show Ongoing":

image.png.a44eba65a0024b2adaccfa3c86641b09.png

You'll then be given a choice of matches to watch!

And that's everything. See y'all at 6pm EST/3pm PDT/11pm GMT

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Sorry to hear that. Plenty of people moved their characters over this morning without problem. Guess you just got unlucky. :(

Suggest you open a support ticket or contact a GM on the official Homecoming Discord. They should be able to help ya.

4 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

any luck pming a GM bout it? You still have about 7-8ish hours, hope you can make it!

I have pm'd a GM    but no word yet.  I was able to transfer a toon from my other account - not my preferred toon, but still something I can play for tourney 🙂

40 minutes ago, Loopy said:

I have pm'd a GM    but no word yet.  I was able to transfer a toon from my other account - not my preferred toon, but still something I can play for tourney 🙂

Glad you moved someone across! :-)

Looked like a number of folks who don't typically participate (myself include). Thanks for organizing.

Too bad about the disgruntled. Maybe that always happens and I'm just not used to it.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

26 minutes ago, Troo said:

Looked like a number of folks who don't typically participate (myself include). Thanks for organizing.

Too bad about the disgruntled. Maybe that always happens and I'm just not used to it.

There's always the disgruntled. During CCs, raids, events, lol. Some are public, some are private. The majority enjoyed the event, which is the prime goal. Anything that needs tweaking, we'll adjust it for next time ;}

Thank you for coming out, Troo!

Thank you to everyone who came to the first NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP. We had around 50 people in total. Between them, they had over 125 PVP matches. I think that's a new best for Everlasting.

This was our first time running something like this, so there were a few growing pains. But I had a great time, and it seems like most everyone else did too. (Apart from a few ragequitters. but you get those at every PVP event!)

Congratulations again to Alou and Cold Healz for winning the Ranged Bracket! (A Beam/Plant Blaster versus a Therm/Ice Defender! Ouch!)

Congratulations again to Madvillain for winning the melee bracket. (His DM/EA Scrapper was a beast!)

Thanks @CU_Krow for co-running this with me. And thank you to everyone who came to fight and watch. I hope you all had fun! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by America's Angel

On 9/20/2020 at 7:38 AM, America's Angel said:

Thank you to everyone who came to the first NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP. We had around 50 people in total. Between them, they had over 250 PVP matches. I think that's a new best for Everlasting.

This was our first time running something like this, so there were a few growing pains. But I had a great time, and it seems like most everyone else did too. (Apart from a few ragequitters. but you get those at every PVP event!)

Congratulations again to Alou and Cold Healz for winning the Ranged Bracket! (A Beam Blaster versus a Therm! Ouch!)

Congratulations again to Madvillain for winning the melee bracket. (His DM/EA was a beast!)

Thanks @CU_Krow for co-running this with me. And thank you to everyone who came to fight and watch. I hope you all had fun! :classic_biggrin:

Ditto. Thanks, AA. Best pvp co-host ever. 😄

@arcane, I'll check to see if we still have that info. In the off-chance we don't, we'll deff make the necessary tweaking to make sure we create an avail list for the 2nd time we run this. Thank you for coming out!

23 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

@arcane, I'll check to see if we still have that info. In the off-chance we don't, we'll deff make the necessary tweaking to make sure we create an avail list for the 2nd time we run this. Thank you for coming out!

Yeah, we'll start doing that from the next tournament onwards. I'm looking at hosting the matchups all on a website (probably Challonge.com) so that people can check ongoing scores/who they are fighting next as the event progresses, without having to rely on me copying and pasting stuff into the request channel.

Challonge also has some cool options to do "Swiss Draw" tournaments, that pairs people with others with a similar point score. (Helps to avoid win-streaks, and pairs up people playing for draws with each other.)