<*>THE NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP - EVERLASTING 1v1 PVP TOURNAMENT <*>

CU_Krow

12 hours ago, Greycat said:

... so why is the Warshade being listed as melee? Dwarf form, maybe, but that's not *spectacular,* and human form has two auras and two melee attacks (Grav well and essence drain.)

Is Nova form being restricted from the melee fight, then, as well?

Nova Form isn't banned. The only banned powers/archetypes/etc are the things listed under "Banned Stuff".

Also - while I'm happy to clarify the rules, I will 100% not be debating them. This is a community event thread. Debates aren't welcome here.  We want to maintain a positive vibe in this thread, and message board debates always turn toxic. Please respect this.

If you've got any suggestions about what we could do differently to make the event more balanced, feel free to PM me. (Genuinely. I find that helpful. A couple of players have already done so.)

9 hours ago, Fortuneteller said:

Asking the real questions here⬆️. Dwarf only pvp is not going to win any tournaments. And Nova isn't listed at all.

Seems Triform Khelds don't have a category to compete. I'll be happy to watch the event though if i can be online for it.

All Kheldian builds (Dwarf/Nova/Duoform/Triform) are welcome in the melee bracket.

You can bring your triform and compete just fine. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by America's Angel

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

On 9/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, America's Angel said:

Also - while I'm happy to clarify the rules, I will 100% not be debating them. This is a community event thread. Debates aren't welcome here.  We want to maintain a positive vibe in this thread, and message board debates always turn toxic. Please respect this.

I'm not debating, I'm *asking questions,* because it looked strange to have Warshades there for the reasons I mentioned, and Khelds have the ability to stay at range in Nova (it's all they *can* do unless they want to get killed quickly) which may cause issues in a melee bracket. Thus asking what I did.

Edit:

Talked with AA and we're good.

Edited by Greycat

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

2 hours ago, Greycat said:

I'm not debating, I'm *asking questions,* because it looked strange to have Warshades there for the reasons I mentioned, and Khelds have the ability to stay at range in Nova (it's all they *can* do unless they want to get killed quickly) which may cause issues in a melee bracket. Thus asking what I did.

I know I'm disagreeing with you in another thread, but that's no reason to be aggressive towards me asking questions for clarification and perfectly polite to the person *agreeing with me about those being legitimate questions in the next post.*

Do you plan on signing up or is this just a theoretical exercise?

BTW - Definitely joining in on this (probs on a corr or blaster).  Thanks for hosting this @America's Angel!

21 minutes ago, barrier said:

Do you plan on signing up or is this just a theoretical exercise?

I was, as indicated in my first post. I used to enjoy a good fight, and have actually been working on leveling a brute I used to have a lot of fun with on live.

Reconsidering given the responses I'm getting.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

24 minutes ago, Greycat said:

I was, as indicated in my first post. I used to enjoy a good fight, and have actually been working on leveling a brute I used to have a lot of fun with on live.

Reconsidering given the responses I'm getting.

I don't know how "the responses you're getting" are a relevant matter here.

I hope you decide to join the event and reconsider posting any sort of toxic content going forward. I think this will be a lot of fun and I'm really happy that people outside of Indomitable are choosing to partake in this game's very unique PVP system.

11 hours ago, America's Angel said:

All Kheldian builds (Dwarf/Nova/Duoform/Triform) are welcome in the melee bracket.

Thanks for the clarification.

5 hours ago, barrier said:

I hope you decide to join the event and reconsider posting any sort of toxic content going forward.

If you could do us all a favor and quote the 'Toxic Content' that Greycat allegedly said that'd sure go a long way to helping understand what is and isn't toxic? Because i can't for the life of me find anything.

• Like 2

Please save the player-vs-player matches for the contest, not during the forum 😉

Greycat, hope you can make it out to the tourney!

If there's any more questions related to the tournament, please continue to feel free in asking them here or privately if need be. The more clarification we can provide, hopefully the more participants we can expect!

Edited by CU_Krow
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, barrier said:

BTW - Definitely joining in on this (probs on a corr or blaster).  Thanks for hosting this @America's Angel!

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing yourself and the other Indom people coming over for it. I know one of you won the last 1v1 tournament Everlasting hosted. (I think it was Sloth?) So our server has some pride to recapture. :classic_smile:

9 hours ago, Fortuneteller said:

Thanks for the clarification.

No probs. Hopefully see you there.

8 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

Please save the player-vs-player matches for the contest, not during the forum 😉

Greycat, hope you can make it out to the tourney!

If there's any more questions related to the tournament, please continue to feel free in asking them here or privately if need be. The more clarification we can provide, hopefully the more participants we can expect!

👆

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

2 minutes ago, MJB said:

can we get some clarification on this? i am assuming you dont instantly forfeit the match if you accidentally jump cancel for example

Sure!

Crey pistol animation cancelling = not allowed

Emote animation cancelling = not allowed

Redraw animation cancelling = not allowed

Jump cancelling = allowed (as there is no way to police it, and it's hard to do on purpose/easy to do by accident)

Also, for the fine print lawyers out there; if someone redraw cancels a few times by accident, they won't forfeit. (Judge's discretion on what constitutes "a few" and "accident".)

6 hours ago, Braddah said:

Umm...

alpha only? is this 8v8 trash rules??  go all out plz. why alpha only? nice to know ppl are scured and not up to the challenge! gg

Is this a joke?

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

9 hours ago, Braddah said:

Umm...

alpha only? is this 8v8 trash rules??  go all out plz. why alpha only? nice to know ppl are scured and not up to the challenge! gg

The rules have been carefully selected to create the most balanced 1v1 tournament we can. If you have any suggestions for what we could do to improve balance, feel free to PM me.

2 hours ago, macskull said:

Is this a joke?

It's getting harder to tell these days, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Krimson said:

When I have a spare 18 hours to farm out enhancements for a PvP build, I will consider it. 😄 But... I'm not sure about farming a billion INF for a build for the slight possible chance of winning a billion back. Guess it's great for people who already have PvP builds... On Everlasting.

Actually, the event is great for anyone, from any server, who is interested in balanced and fun 1v1 PVP. :classic_biggrin:

Newbies with cheap builds and hardcore vets with uber builds are equally welcome. The event is going to have a good mix.

If you don't want to come? No worries! But maybe keep that sort of thing to yourself. It's not nice to rain on other peoples's parades, ya know?

The start time has been corrected to show the right starting time for PDT/GMT.

On 9/12/2020 at 3:18 PM, Krimson said:

When I have a spare 18 hours to farm out enhancements for a PvP build, I will consider it. 😄 But... I'm not sure about farming a billion INF for a build for the slight possible chance of winning a billion back. Guess it's great for people who already have PvP builds... On Everlasting.

I just want to note that a good PVP build can be had anywhere for 250 to 500m. Ranged characters being on the lower side of that range. 

Also, you can join the PVP discord for build help and even template builds. There is even a bot to serve them to you if you don't feel like being social.

Finally, remember that nothing is permanent. If you need to reshuffle IOs, homecoming has basically made respecs extremely inexpensive and readily available and unslotter can be had for less than 100k a piece if you arent rushed.

I strongly encourage anyone even remotely curious to consider building a PVP toon for this. It's the most underrated aspect of this game, IMO.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, barrier said:

I just want to note that a good PVP build can be had anywhere for 250 to 500m. Ranged characters being on the lower side of that range. 

Also, you can join the PVP discord for build help and even template builds. There is even a bot to serve them to you if you don't feel like being social.

Finally, remember that nothing is permanent. If you need to reshuffle IOs, homecoming has basically made respecs extremely inexpensive and readily available and unslotter can be had for less than 100k a piece if you arent rushed.

I strongly encourage anyone even remotely curious to consider building a PVP toon for this. It's the most underrated aspect of this game, IMO.

Yup! I know a few peeps who are putting together cheap builds to take part. Curiosity can be cheap!

The PVP Discord is a great resource. Anyone interested can find it here: https://discord.com/invite/ACfXPxK

1 hour ago, arcaneholocaust said:

Will try to show up if not doing anything irl at the time. Will likely get annihilated.

That's the spirit! :classic_biggrin:

We're gonna have a good mix of long-timer, new, and casual PVPers. Everyone should have enough fights to end up fighting someone around their level of experience.

So, @America's Angel, @CU_Krow . . . if you're serious about having some "dirty deals done" in the vein of Rikti Monkey Fight Club for observers, I shall have to request some more intricate details on how this tournament will run in terms of brackets, timelines/scheduling, and the like.   Also, how to ensure that matches are documented accurately and fairly.

10 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

So, @America's Angel, @CU_Krow . . . if you're serious about having some "dirty deals done" in the vein of Rikti Monkey Fight Club for observers, I shall have to request some more intricate details on how this tournament will run in terms of brackets, timelines/scheduling, and the like.   Also, how to ensure that matches are documented accurately and fairly.

Rough schedule in EST:

6:00 - People start showing up at the Sapphire Section of Peregrine Island Arena.
6:05 - Ranged entrants are asked to gather by a character of mine called RANGED SCOREBOT, Melee Entrants are asked to gather by a character of mine called MELEE SCOREBOT.
6:10 - Entrants are locked.

6:14 - Matchups are posted in the Request channel.
6:15 - Round 1 Starts
6:25 - 3-5 min break to collect scores/wait for everyone to come back from their matches / Round 2 matchups are posted in the request channel
6:30 - Round 2 Starts
6:40 - 3-5 min break
6:45 - Round 3 Starts
6:55 - 3-5 min break
7:00 - Round 4 Starts
7:10 - 3-5 min break
7:15 - Round 5 Starts
7:25 - 3-5 min break

7:30 - Winners announced!

7:30+ - People stay around to continue to duel for fun/revenge.

We're aiming to get everything wrapped in under 90 mins to keep it casual-friendly.

The tournament is going to be a "round robin".  Everyone will fight five matches. We will announce who is fighting who in the Request channel before each round starts. Matchmaking will be at random. People will not fight the same person twice.

After each round, the winner has to send a tell to one of the "scorebots". (I'll be triple-boxing with two alts called "MELEE SCOREBOT" and "RANGED SCOREBOT" whose entire job is to just collect /tells from winners each round.) If the winner doesn't send a /tell to the scorebot, their match will be scored as a draw.

Wins are 3 points, draws are 1 point, losses are 0 points, and bye round are 3 points. (In the case of odd number of players. Bye rounds are awarded at random.)

The overall winner is the player who, after five rounds, has the highest score. If we have multiple winners, there will be a tiebreaker knockout to determine the overall one.

Krow and I have a live google spreadsheet that'll have all the players/brackets/scores in that we'll be updating as the tournament goes on. Happy to give you read-only access to that on the day.

5 hours ago, Riq_Swordflare said:

Multiple builds allowed?

Multiple builds on one character are allowed.

Anyone who wants to switch builds between matches, we suggest you use a macro for it rather than running to the trainer, as we'd like to keep everyone in the arena to make setting up matches easier for newbies.

Here's a guide on how to switch builds using macros:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/6450-build-swap-macro-tutorial/

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

America's Angel and other co-hosts - thank you for putting this together!  It sounds like it will be a lot of fun,  I am going to move a toon over from Indom and hope to make the tourney.

Looking forward to seeing you there! :classic_biggrin: