<*>THE NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP - EVERLASTING 1v1 PVP TOURNAMENT <*>

CU_Krow

THE NAUGHTY CHAOS CUP - EVERLASTING 1v1 PVP TOURNAMENT

===INTRO===

Chaos United and The Sisterhood of Naughty Space Vixens are happy to announce a 1v1 PVP tournament to be held on the Everlasting Server!

When: Saturday September 19th at 6 PM EST/3 PDT/11PM GMT

Where: Everlasting, Peregrine Island Arena, Sapphire Section

Hosts: @CU Krow / @America's Angel

===RULES===

Two Brackets:

-Ranged vs Ranged (Blaster, Defender, Corruptor, Controller, Dominator, Sentinel)

-Melee vs Melee (Scapper, Brute, Tank, Widow, Arachnos Soldier, Peacebringer, Warshade)

Minimum Level: 50

Incarnates Allowed: Alpha only

Time: 10 Minutes

Inspirations : Melee = no, Ranged = small only

Allowed Maps: Office/Perez/Cargo/Graveyard/Tech Lab 

No Heal Decay/Travel Suppression

Animation cancelling is not allowed

Sudden death is treated as a draw

All primary powers, secondary powers, pool powers, and accolades are allowed.

All arena temp powers are allowed.

=== BANNED STUFF=== -

All incarnate powers except Alpha

-Bio Armor Tanks and Brutes (Bio Scrappers are allowed!)

-Masterminds

-Stalkers

-Electrified Net Arrow (Blasters)

=== SCORING===

PVP Tournament will be point-based instead of knock-out.

We will use a points system method for keeping score:

Win=3 points

Draw=1 point

Loss=0 points

Winners are responsible for contacting the event organizers at the conclusion of their matches.

===PRIZE===

Ranged First Place: 1,000,000,000 influence

Melee First Place: 1,000,000,000 influence

Edited by CU_Krow

34 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

No mention of Controllers?

We were trying to spare them.

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

3 minutes ago, Waypoint said:

Should we sign up with what account/character we will be bringing or is it one character limit?

Let me check with my co-host about sign-up. Currently 80% sure its a "just come and show up" sign-up method. And yes, one character limit. If any updates, I'll update the 1st post.

@Ruinica, I'll check with my co-host on same question & update 1st post if we decide to include Interface.

Edited by CU_Krow

8 minutes ago, CU_Krow said:

@Ruinica, I'll check with my co-host on same question & update 1st post if we decide to include Interface.

You can unslot and re-slot incarnate abilities at will.

• Thanks 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

14 minutes ago, FoulVileTerror said:

*strokes chin*

Should we Rikti-Monkey-Fight this thing up and invoke some friendly guessing games as to who'll win in various matches, while maybe or maybe not trading sums of Inf?

Just a thought.

Do eeeeeeeeeeeet

Well, to make things as fair as possible, I would need to see all the contestants and what they're capable of, present the information to unbiased and uninvolved PvP experts to get their "professional opinions," and then determine some starting payout values.

Or . . . alternatively, we just do a non-Rikti-Fight-Club system, and do something more hands-off and just provide observers a guideline to determine their own payout scheme based on the number of Win Points a contestant has accumulated.   Decentralize the whole thing and avoid any accusations of it being unfair, not impartial, and/or rigged.

. . . wait.   Wasn't there a built-in wagering system IN the Arena Tournament code?  Am I going crazy, or was that a thing at some point during Legacy?   Is it still a thing?

6 hours ago, CU_Krow said:

=== BANNED STUFF=== -

All incarnate powers except Alpha -Bio Armor Tanks and Brutes (Bio Scrappers are allowed!) -Masterminds -Stalkers

Oh sure, I eat all my veggies at the dinner table and you lump me in with the redsiders for it.

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

11 hours ago, Ruinica said:

Curiosity question - when you say Incarnates: Alpha only - what about those of us with Interface slotted?  The other Incarnates I can avoid using, but that one's passive just like Alpha is

You can right-click and unslot incarnate abilities in the incarnate abilities window.

image.png.6db5bba244babfe1dcfe98dbfe0b921b.png

Both Interface and Hybrid will need unslotting. (As Hybrid provides a passive bonus.)

11 hours ago, Waypoint said:

Should we sign up with what account/character we will be bringing or is it one character limit?

One character limit. Just show up on the day.

10 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

*strokes chin*

Should we Rikti-Monkey-Fight this thing up and invoke some friendly guessing games as to who'll win in various matches, while maybe or maybe not trading sums of Inf?

Just a thought.

Heck yeah!

9 hours ago, Veracor said:

Oh sure, I eat all my veggies at the dinner table and you lump me in with the redsiders for it.

You defeat Hamidon on a daily basis. Letting you in the tournament at all would be unfair on everyone else.

8 hours ago, MJB said:

my scrapper has 1 melee attack (the default), can i play it in the ranged group?

You can play in the melee bracket and enjoy trying to kill regens at range. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by America's Angel

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

Electrified Net Arrow has been added to the list of banned powers.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, CU_Krow said:

Two Brackets:

-Ranged vs Ranged (Blaster, Defender, Corruptor, Controller, Dominator, Sentinel)

-Melee vs Melee (Scapper, Brute, Tank, Widow, Crab, Peacebringer, Warshade)

Minimum Level: 50

Incarnates Allowed: Alpha only

Time: 10 Minutes

Inspirations : Melee = no, Ranged = small only

On 9/3/2020 at 12:30 PM, CU_Krow said:

=== BANNED STUFF=== -

All incarnate powers except Alpha

-Bio Armor Tanks and Brutes (Bio Scrappers are allowed!)

-Masterminds

-Stalkers

-Electrified Net Arrow (Blasters)

Given the bracket lists and the ban on Stalkers, I'm guessing Bane Spiders are out also?

16 hours ago, BlackHearted said:

I hope this doesn't apply to everyone =o

Only to people vet level 3000+.

10 hours ago, ViciousCabaret said:

Given the bracket lists and the ban on Stalkers, I'm guessing Bane Spiders are out also?

Sorry! That should say "Arachnos Soldier" instead of "Crab". My bad!

Bane Spiders are more than welcome. :classic_biggrin: Only the stuff on the banned list is banned.

... so why is the Warshade being listed as melee? Dwarf form, maybe, but that's not *spectacular,* and human form has two auras and two melee attacks (Grav well and essence drain.)

Is Nova form being restricted from the melee fight, then, as well?

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.