Change poisons heal.

Hops4

I’ve been putting so many hours into my poison guy and I’m loving it.

I think the set would synergies better with a healing aura instead of the poo flinging heal. As ambitious VG is, it would just run smoother and round out the the set imo. I mean if it never gets it that’s fine I’ll still play the set

Edited by Hops4

A small splash heal would boost the utility of the power, and also means you can (sort of) heal yourself with it.

As it is, although it has a strong healing component (based on how much it heals and the stupid fast recharge) it's compounded by the slow projectile travel time.

• Like 1

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

1 minute ago, AerialAssault said:

A small splash heal would boost the utility of the power, and also means you can (sort of) heal yourself with it.

As it is, although it has a strong healing component (based on how much it heals and the stupid fast recharge) it's compounded by the slow projectile travel time.

My impression is the projectile on Envenom/Weaken travels a fair bit faster.  

Maybe that same speed, plus a splash? 

I don't care as much if it remains an underhand lob, or becomes more like a fastball pitch

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kiramon said:

This would help Mm too. How miserable it is to throw that silly alkaloid lol

Back on Live, I learned quickly the Alkaloid was a losing game. It was a heal, sure but ... it devoured endurance like nobodies business and didn't heal that much. It came back fast, but all that let me do was run myself out of end early in the fight.  Far better to save some end to reapply Envenom/Weaken.

If i had to write off a couple T1 ninjas as a lost cause, I saved more End by resummoning them than trying to prop them up with Alkaloid.

[EDIT:  though to be fair, that character never made it past 15, and was deleted before IO's came into existence. Sooooo yea, maybe the Game Has Changed]

Edited by MTeague

My ninja/poison was 50 and incarnated before servers came down and Alkaloid was never good, but it was eventually worth using on occasion. Can't remember how I had it slotted on live but do know once it had some IOs it'd save the occasional ninja or shorten downtime between fights slightly

That said, faster projectile speed and an 10 foot splash that heals for half the amount would go a long way to making it see regular use.

Edited by Dragon Crush
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

It's actually weaker than similar heals like Heal Other or Cauterize, presumably because it also gives Toxic resist. Which presumably also means it can't benefit from +Special effects like those powers, either.

Was just looking through Mids and based on MM numbers at least, it has one of the fastest cast times for a heal (only beat by transfusion and rejuvenating circuit), but it has the travel time and it's among the weakest ST heals (only O2 boost looks to be weaker) and has fairly standard recast for a single target heal. Add that standard radius for area heal seems to be 20 and I'd again say adding 10 radius heal for half strength and it should be fairly balanced.

• Like 1