Fix Power Burst

Vanden

Because Power Burst in Energy Blast has a long-ish activation time, the devs at Paragon Studios tried to give it a buff. They reduced the power's Root time, the amount of time your character is unable to move, to be less than the power's Cast time. This means you can move shortly after activating the power, even though you still can't use a different power until Power Burst is done. This basically ruined the power aesthetically. If your target is significantly higher or lower than your character, you'll stop actually aiming at the target almost immediately and shoot straight ahead instead of in the direction of your target. If you move the camera around, perhaps to look for other threats or to try to see how cool you look, your character will spin around with the camera, again not aiming at the actual target. And if your character is currently affected by the stance bug, they won't even finish the animation properly, they'll instead just revert to the neutral stance a quarter of the way through the animation, shooting the blasts out of their belly. The same thing happens if you actually take advantage of the low root time and move before the power is finished; you stop the attack animation and shoot the blasts out of your stomach.

I'm gonna be frank, I absolutely hate this. I loved my hovering Energy Blaster, but this glitchy, amateurish-looking power is ruining my enjoyment of playing him. I'd much rather the root time be returned to match the cast time so this animation ugliness doesn't happen, and Power Burst be given something else to make up for the long activation time. Maybe a higher damage scale than the recharge would normally allow, or splitting the knockback chance into a guaranteed chance for knockdown and a % chance for the rest of the knockback mag to turn it into actual knockback, or both.

Energy Blast as a set could use more attention than just this, but this power is the biggest issue for me, personally. It's killing me that such an iconic staple of superhero powers has one of its lynchpin powers looking like a broken, glitchy mess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I for one have never encountered this bug/issue. Energy Blast is my favorite set, from the looks and the sounds its just epic in every single way. Yes it could use some love. Opinions vary on how usually this could be accomplished. I think this issue could be resolved by opening up more animation customizations.  Tbh tho my favorite annoying animation is shooting eye beams at point blank range and having them shoot off up in a corner somewhere instead. ahh good times

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

I back this 100%. Energy (Blast and Melee) are my favorite sets of all time, so it won't take much to get me to back you up on this. You will always have my support on anything Energy as long as you aren't trying to make it OP, lol. Yeah, I'm biased...and I don't care that I am either, hahaha.