Open Club  ·  40 members

PC Builders

[Request] Build Expansion Round Table

WanderingAries

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

You're looking for something like AIDA64.
You can buy a cheap little ($100 or less) HDMI screen (usually used for Raspberry Pi stuff.
You can then use AIDA to set up the monitors.
Here's a couple examples.  In the second one, DO NOT use the guy's reference for cheap software.
The place he's pointing to is a  bulk license abuser.  They buy a bulk license, meant for a business, then resell the key until it stops working.

Heh, yeah I saw the Jay vid when I first thought about the concept. Unfortunately, to do what I'd want, the panel would end up being basically a little picture frame on the desk (because the CPU's on the ground). Looking at what I'm Used to seeing vs what these seem to be capable of (and the fact that you're burning a display connection), I may be better off just hoping these never break. I don't OC, so honestly it's more of a nice thing at a glance, but it does help me see if something's bogging me down without opening the task manager. The Gadgets use two, light weight background apps that also put the temp in the taskbar. Even if I skip the AIDA64 and put the Gadgets on an external screen, then I'm not sure the screen would be big enough for the text. I already have to scale the text to 125-150% for the Gadgets themselves, but maybe that'll change when I'm not using a TV for primary monitor. IDK, it'll be weird going from 8' away from your screen to a couple feet again.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

https://www.amazon.com/Eviciv-Portable-Monitor-Display-1024X600/dp/B07L6WT77H/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=USB+monitor&qid=1618276171&refinements=p_36%3A-11000&rnid=386442011&sr=8-4

And if you're on anyt
hing NVIDIA 10** series or later, you've got support up to 4 monitors.
Hell, an old GTX 780 will do 4 monitors

Or were you planning to USE all 4 monitor connections?

Or, if you have a spare PCI-E 16 slot, https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-8400-gs-512-p3-1301-kr/p/1FT-001K-002F6

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

2 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

And if you're on anything NVIDIA 10** series or later, you've got support up to 4 monitors.
Hell, an old GTX 780 will do 4 monitors

Or were you planning to USE all 4 monitor connections?

I'm running the GTX 970 FTW (reminder) and from the looks of it, I may be using 3+ screens. That said, I'm wondering what the effect of using the 3770k`s APU via the motherboard as well would have on overall performance.  Perhaps use it for the extra port needed for something like that. Seems like we're scrolling back to here though I didn't mean to. 🤣

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

1 minute ago, WanderingAries said:

I'm running the GTX 970 FTW (reminder) and from the looks of it, I may be using 3+ screens. That said, I'm wondering what the effect of using the 3770k`s APU via the motherboard as well would have on overall performance.  Perhaps use it for the extra port needed for something like that. Seems like we're scrolling back to here though I didn't mean to. 🤣

Heh.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!