Heat/La1ser Vision

Laser Beam Eyes is an available power in Tanker, Brute, Scrapper, and Stalker Epic Pools (Energy Mastery for the first two, Body Mastery for the second two) for what it's worth.

Though I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to additional powers and choices.  

I mean, look at my avatar!  My Savage/Rad Brute has Energy Mastery specifically for Laser Beam Eyes (Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection also making his health and endurance a further non-issue is icing on the cake).  

Edit:  And yeah, X-Ray Beam is available for every Radiation Blast and Assault set, and both Kheldians have a laser beam eye power available as their Tier 2 (which has the bonus of being usable in both AT's Nova form for a better single target rotation!)

Edited by dangeraaron10

29 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i think it would be easier on the devs to just open up the animation to similar sets. animation customization for the win, because my energy blaster will never be happy until his explosive blast can look like Neutron bomb.

A little off topic, but neutron bomb is definitely cool, I just wish I didn't have time to fold the laundry and put it away during it's animation.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

A little off topic, but neutron bomb is definitely cool, I just wish I didn't have time to fold the laundry and put it away during it's animation.

odd enough though, according to mids they have the same cast time. (although i agree it doesn't feel like it)

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

2 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

odd enough though, according to mids they have the same cast time. (although i agree it doesn't feel like it)

The animation time is the same. The time that the damage is applied is not, as the gathered energy for Neutron Bomb is lobbed and the damage occurs after it lands and the small mushroom cloud appears. This all happens after the animation for Neutron Bomb has already finished, while Explosive Blast applies its damage halfway through the animation.

From @Bopper's spreadsheets (trimmed a bit and highlighted):

image.thumb.png.e64084b2d7c8e156ed23988ca6e2a694.png

Unless I'm missing one, the damage for Neutron Bomb applies slower than any other attack in the game. For comparison, Concentrated Strike applies its damage at 2.53 seconds, non-Momentum Arc of Destruction and Titan Sweep apply damage at 2.47 and 2.4 seconds respectively, Thunderous Blast is 2.37 seconds, and (non-Dominator) Total Focus and Thunder Strike are tied with Bitter Freeze Ray at 2.3 seconds.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, siolfir said:

The animation time is the same. The time that the damage is applied is not, as the gathered energy for Neutron Bomb is lobbed and the damage occurs after it lands and the small mushroom cloud appears. This all happens after the animation for Neutron Bomb has already finished, while Explosive Blast applies its damage halfway through the animation.

Unless I'm missing one, the damage for Neutron Bomb applies slower than any other attack in the game. For comparison, Concentrated Strike applies its damage at 2.53 seconds, non-Momentum Arc of Destruction and Titan Sweep apply damage at 2.47 and 2.4 seconds respectively, Thunderous Blast is 2.37 seconds, and (non-Dominator) Total Focus and Thunder Strike are tied with Bitter Freeze Ray at 2.3 seconds.

wow thats impressive! i feel like weve  gone off topic but since we are here what up with that delay?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

23 hours ago, siolfir said:

Neutron bomb animation time is longer than 1.67.  The description in game has been wrong forever.  It's closer to 3 seconds last time I tested it out.  I'm not sure if it's bugged or if the cast time is wrong on the power info but it definitely takes longer to cast if you time it.  And even then there's a large delay for the hit after that 3 seconds.

sorry about digressing from the original LBE topic.

neutron bomb - time to apply damage. testing methodology: stop watch  from time power was cast (averaged result from 5 timings).

sentinel: 3.46 seconds

blaster:  4.34 seconds

defender: 4.44 seconds

test was in PI near portal corp on lvl 50 COT Death Mages using a 50+ rad/rar sentinel, a 50+ rad/fire blaster, and a lvl 50+ poison/rad defender.

All extra sources of damage were turned off, powers were slotted identically.

Possible issues with my test:

1). User error.

2). Small sample size, it's hard to rule out the possibility of latency

3). Range of power traveled.

It appears that the time it takes for damage to be applied is subject to the distance of the player to the target, with longer blasts taking a longer travel time for the projectile animation to arrive to the target. I tried to equalize for this by testing within PBAOE range.

Looking at my numbers, blaster/defender are pretty close, I assume the rad blast was a direct port to blasters from defenders (as it used to be a defender exclusive). With the decrease in time compared between the two and the sentinel, that was nearly a second difference which i felt was significant, i didn't do the student t test to prove the p-value on that, but at such a substantial value difference I think significance can be safely assumed. I think its entirely possible when the set was ported to sentinels, perhaps something besides the nuke recharge reduction that sentinels received when introduced on SCORE's server prior to COH leaking and going as public as it is.

Lastly, I have had a few beers tonight, so my reaction time on the stopwatch could be affected. Perhaps this merits testing of someone competent, as I am definitely not the best suited for the task.

Sadly, Rubi's power API does not appear to contain this kind of information, it has no hint of any kind of delay to damage from Neutron Bomb.  It does confirm that activation time (not merely displayed activation time) is 1.67 seconds, but I was hoping to find that it showed like projectile speed or something, and it does not.