Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
carroto

Damage numbers

Recommended Posts

Seeing some strangeness in some damage numbers and I'm hoping it's something easy I'm missing and someone can set me straight.  Looking at Corruptor Archery Mids' is showing the first two attacks doing the same damage.  Not the same DPAS, the same raw damage.

 

Looking at Corruptor Dark Blast->Tenebrous Tentacles it looks like the DOT is being counted twice.

 

Edit: Also Force Field->Repulsion Bomb seems to be including scourge damage.  This is even with the option to ignore any extra "chance of damage" turned off.  It's just doubling the damage display.

 

The attacks in Dark Blast have different damage scales than in the export from this tool.  I just logged into the game to check and the numbers there match those from that tool, not those from Mids'.  As near as I can tell none of the numbers in Mids' match those in the game or in that data export.

 

As I said, I'm hoping I'm just missing something obvious here, but I checked my configuration and I have it set to display PvE values and I'm using a new, empty build so there are no enhancements or anything else.  I have the view set to "Damage per activation (level 50)".  I can't find any other setting that might be causing the display to be off.  Hell I checked in the database editor and the damage scales in the powers I checked were off relative to those other data sources as well.

 

What's going on here?

Edited by carroto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, carroto said:

Seeing some strangeness in some damage numbers and I'm hoping it's something easy I'm missing and someone can set me straight.  Looking at Corruptor Archery Mids' is showing the first two attacks doing the same damage.  Not the same DPAS, the same raw damage.

It wasn't just the first two powers. Almost every attack in the set needed its damage increased by about 50%. I just fixed it internally and will be released in the next update of mids. I'll review the rest of your post as well, but for now Corruptor Archery has been fixed.

  • Thanks 1


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm noticing a theme. It looks like all Corruptor damage was set to 2/3rds of what it's supposed to be. Sigh...guess I'll be busy for awhile.



PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there's some history on this. There was a time where Corruptors in mids were showing bad data. So it got fixed through some hackery. Then it turns out the root cause of the problem had to do with Modifier tables. When those got fixed, the previous hackery resulted in corruptors having bad numbers once again. So...looks like we have to get on this. I just fixed Dark Blast, but it'll be awhile before I can fix every powerset.

  • Like 1


PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks.  After I made that post I came across some mention elsewhere that Corruptor displays are just off in Mids', which seemed to indicate that this was a known problem not being addressed.  So I just made a mental note to not use Mids' for that.

 

Makes me wonder though...how are the values for Mids' obtained?  I presume it's some sort of extraction from the game files, similar to what RubyRed is doing.  If so couldn't you run it again for the Corruptor values rather than having to manually fix them?  If not then could you use the data from RubyRed to batch fill that data?  I'd be happy to help with a script to do that if it would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, carroto said:

Thanks.  After I made that post I came across some mention elsewhere that Corruptor displays are just off in Mids', which seemed to indicate that this was a known problem not being addressed.  So I just made a mental note to not use Mids' for that.

 

Makes me wonder though...how are the values for Mids' obtained?  I presume it's some sort of extraction from the game files, similar to what RubyRed is doing.  If so couldn't you run it again for the Corruptor values rather than having to manually fix them?  If not then could you use the data from RubyRed to batch fill that data?  I'd be happy to help with a script to do that if it would help.

Mids used to pull from game files, but the game changed too much to do that anymore. Now, all edits to mids are manually done by editing the database. Now that we have RubyRed's tool, that makes it easier to get the right numbers, but it takes time as all database entries are done one at a time given the binary nature of the database. 



PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bopper said:

all database entries are done one at a time given the binary nature of the database.

I'm not sure what this means.  Is it a custom file format, instead of a standard DB?  Regardless, it should be possible to write a program to auto-fill those values.  Seems worth the effort.  That's the thing computers are best at, doing that sort of tedious data-entry kind of work for us.  I'd be happy to take a look if you'd like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carroto said:

I'm not sure what this means.  Is it a custom file format, instead of a standard DB?  Regardless, it should be possible to write a program to auto-fill those values.  Seems worth the effort.  That's the thing computers are best at, doing that sort of tedious data-entry kind of work for us.  I'd be happy to take a look if you'd like.

It means we can't have multiple people simultaneously make changes as we wouldn't be able to merge those changes given the binary nature of mids database. Mids is accessible to the public if you want to look at it.



PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slowly but surely we're working our way through this problem. Almost all of the Corruptor primary powersets have been fixed. As of today's update (v3.0.3.1), the only ones that still need updating are Dual Pistols, and half of Water Blast.

 

Archery, Assault Rifle, Beam Rifle, Dark Blast, Electrical Blast, Energy Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Blast, Psychic Blast, Radiation Blast, and Sonic Attack should all be fixed.



PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished Dual Pistols tonight. In our next update all Primary Corruptor powersets will have been corrected.



PPM Information Guide                Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Movement Speed: Guide              Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers


Bopper's Tools & Formulas           RubyRed's API Tool              Mids' Reborn                       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...