The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Gravity Option Suggestion.

Some powers have options available now that weren't in live days. (that I can remember at least). Illusion has PA being clones. Some weapons have no redraw or alt animations available. My suggestion is that Propel in Gravity power set be given options along the lines of "only rocks" or choice of "small medium or large" objects only, or possibly objects that disintegrate on impact so they don't clutter up the mission map. Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 3

But I like kicking around a discarded forklift like a beach ball, so no.

• Like 1

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

While I am partial to the forklift myself, it might be too much to ask that the propelled objects match the current map: in caves, it's rocks; in regular buildings, it could be desks and plant boxes, safe, etc.; tech buildings... erm... tech things.

Or I was just thinking a few hours ago while playing my Grav dom... it would be cool to mix up lift + propel + wormhole and have you pick up a foe and hurl him (or her or it) against the mob. I don't really care what the damage calculations would be. the act of doing it is good enough for me. 😃

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Six Six said:

Or I was just thinking a few hours ago while playing my Grav dom... it would be cool to mix up lift + propel + wormhole and have you pick up a foe and hurl him (or her or it) against the mob. I don't really care what the damage calculations would be. the act of doing it is good enough for me. 😃

This is the only power I would ever use.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later
On 10/6/2020 at 12:18 PM, Uun said:

I like this idea, but I don't think it's possible. The objects are randomly selected client side, so everybody on the map sees something different. In other words, you might see a fork lift while your teammate sees a chair.

The list of objects that the power randomly selects from on client side could be replaced... or added to... or maybe there could be more than one list and the player chooses which list is used in the power customization options.  So have a rocks only list with a bunch of rocks, a large objects list with vehicles and statues, a small objects list for those tiny but devastating objects, and still keep the one big list of everything.