Martial Arts Training Temp Power

Take One

I would like to suggest a new temporary power to be purchasable for Influence in the P2W store.

It would come in the shape of a martial arts belt, and it could come in various "colors", so we could buy a White Belt, a Green Belt, a Blue Belt, etc.

Each belt color would grant the use of a power from the Martial Arts powerset, a set number of times, and they would all be purchasable a number of times to allow for 100s of uses.

This would let us create characters who are capable of using martial arts kicks and punches, as well as our regular powers, for greater customization.

• Like 1

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

I might go along with temp powers that are watered-down versions of one or two of the lower-tier powers in the set (much less effective but use the same animation), although I think there are already too many temp powers on the P2W vendor.  If you want more powers, or you want higher-tier powers, or you want them to do more damage, make a MA character.  AT, primary, and secondary are fundamental selections for a character that shouldn't be cheapened by putting all of their powers up for P2W.  And I worry about cobbling together temp powers to form tertiary power sets.

If it's a temp power you earn via an arc or zone event I am very supportive. If it's from pay2win vendor I am very opposed.

Letting punch and kick have alternate animations would probably solve the problem better though, if it can be called that.

4 hours ago, ShardWarrior said:

Alternatively this could also be accomplished by adding power set customization into things like punch and kick in the fighting pool. 

That was an idea I hadn't thought of, and I also approve of this.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

• 3 weeks later
On 10/7/2020 at 1:36 PM, ShardWarrior said:

Alternatively this could also be accomplished by adding power set customization into things like punch and kick in the fighting pool. 

While this idea is being explored, does anyone remember the old (Chun Li style) rapid kick from Martial Arts that was replaced with the jumping spin kick that we have now?

Could we have that old animation brought back as an alternate animation option for Super Speed -> Flurry?