Crit Enhancements

Hero Star

On 10/8/2020 at 7:05 PM, InvaderStych said:

As noted up-thread, APP/PPP powers crit all day, every day.  Certain standard pool attacks will crit, but others, like Spring Attack (Pesky Pseudo-Pets) won't.

Where I, personally, take issue with Crits vs. Fury is in Secondary power sets.  Brute Fury powers dmg auras and secondary Nukes, but those powers, to my knowledge, will never generate crits.  If Brute Ground Zero benefits from Fury, then Scrapper Ground Zero should Crit, imo.

I'm pretty sure the rule was all powers available to a Scrapper are supposed to crit EXCEPT pseudo pets and damage powers in the secondary.

So Icicles, Soul Drain, Burn, and Lightning Rod, sadly, etc not supposed to crit, but all pool powers and patron powers should crit.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/9/2020 at 7:24 PM, ninja surprise said:

I'm pretty sure the rule was all powers available to a Scrapper are supposed to crit EXCEPT pseudo pets and damage powers in the secondary.

So Icicles, Soul Drain, Burn, and Lightning Rod, sadly, etc not supposed to crit, but all pool powers and patron powers should crit.

Heh, didn't occur to me that Soul Drain was a pseudo-pet.   (Edit: Because it isn't. See below.  Edited post to reduce confusion)

Pseudo-pets not generating crits make a sort of mechanical sense (code-wise I suppose), if not thematic.  Do you mean a design rule at some point?  I always assumed that the reason pseudo-pets didn't generate crits was a side-effect of the way they were coded rather than intent.  Not something I really dug too deeply into during the Before Times.

As much as I'd like to see the secondary powers adjusted for crits, now that I give it more thought there aren't really that many that would benefit from it.  Auras wouldn't, patches wouldn't, really it would probably only benefit Rad Armor, which definitely doesn't need any buffs! 😄

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

On 10/9/2020 at 9:18 PM, InvaderStych said:

Heh, didn't occur to me that Soul Drain was a pseudo-pet. 

Wait, I might have been confused on Soul Drain, and now I'm definitely confused. (I was remembering Tanker's Dark Melee has Soul Drain in the secondary 😌)

I very vaguely remember this from the old live boards, the devs explaining what was and wasn't supposed to crit so players could bug report powers that should crit. Pseudo-pets were a side effect of not being able to pass the crit to the pet.

Edited by ninja surprise
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ninja surprise said:

Wait, I might have been confused on Soul Drain, and now I'm definitely confused.

I very vaguely remember this from the old live boards, the devs explaining what was and wasn't supposed to crit so players could bug report powers that should crit. Pseudo-pets were a side effect of not being able to pass the crit to the pet.

Soul Drain is not a pseudo pet and it does crit.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140821072903/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/power.php?id=Scrapper_Melee.Dark_Melee.Soul_Drain

• Like 2

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Soul Drain will Crit.  I use Smite with the Crit Proc to set it up.  Its one of my nukes, followed by Smite to set up Dark Consumption.  It'll clear all but the Boss' in a mob.  I'd be sad if it were a bug and they nerf'd it.  With the PBAoE recharges being so dramatically long, it would hurt.

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

12 minutes ago, Ruby Rocket said:

Soul Drain will Crit.  I use Smite with the Crit Proc to set it up.  Its one of my nukes, followed by Smite to set up Dark Consumption.  It'll clear all but the Boss' in a mob.  I'd be sad if it were a bug and they nerf'd it.  With the PBAoE recharges being so dramatically long, it would hurt.

I don't see that getting nerfed. If anything the way the current devs are rolling, I suspect that ALL attacks a scrapper can use will be fixed so that they crit.