Savage/Bio or WP?

ceto555

I would suggest Savage/Bio.

I have/had a fully done up Savage/WP, and while she was durable and able to handle most content, it just felt underwhelming. Like, it needed something more to really push her into the realm of awesome.

That said, I have a Dark Melee/Bio scrapper and a Bio/SS tanker, and I find that, while certainly much busier of builds, the Bio adds more tools, and certainly more offense to the equation.

Don't get me wrong, the WP will be a very solid, cruise control build that will be extremely resilient... however, that is all it will be. All the damage and control and utility (and "oh sh*t!!" function) has to be bolted on from other sources, whereas the Bio option is going to give you more toys and tools to choose from.

WP if you want a completely hands-off secondary, which I can see the appeal of for brutes, keeping up fury etc.

Bio is more active, as mentioned it has a lot of tools to offer. I found efficient adaptation great in the lower levels before your slotting is in good order - you get an endurance discount and bonus recovery/regen. Offensive gives bonus to-hit and damage, and attacks gain some extra toxic damage, so becomes the go-to for most content. Defensive is a useful fallback for harder enemies or if you're playing tank on a team, although with good backup you could easily still stick with offensive.

Bio also has some nice proc-monster options - I have DNA Siphon slotted with 4 damage procs that fire off pretty much every time, making it a nice mini-nuke!

I ran a Sav/WP to the late 30s, and just ended up finding it boring.  With no clicks in the secondary and savage's light combo system seeming like something i should mostly ignore, it was just click the same three powers over and over again.  Felt reasonably strong, just not engaging.

2 hours ago, aethereal said:

I ran a Sav/WP to the late 30s, and just ended up finding it boring.  With no clicks in the secondary and savage's light combo system seeming like something i should mostly ignore, it was just click the same three powers over and over again.  Felt reasonably strong, just not engaging.

Savage changes when you get savage leap, it is its defining power, but yes you can ignore the mechanic for the most part. 

The main advantage of Savage -- the endurance discount -- is lost on either Bio or WP, neither of which really need it.  I'd suggest Savage/Dark or Savage/Invuln.  I have a Dark/Savage tanker and that combo convinced me that Dark Armor was not a waste of time and effort.  Savage/Rad also has possibilities.  

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291