IO Bonuses

qwerty1971

One way to check is to open your Combat Stats while in Nova.

If it counts a “set bonus”, most things do carry over to Forms.  Fitness powers and IOs in them also carry over.

That said, there are a few like the Kismet +Accuracy IO that do NOT; they have to be in a power that’s turned on.  Generally these say “for 120 seconds” in their tooltip.

Gaussian’s +Build Up is another one that you need in Nova itself for it to work in that form.

8 hours ago, qwerty1971 said:

Do set piece IO bonuses you slot in human form powers carry over when in the other forms? Say if I slot a Res/def IO in human form will it apply when I go into flying blast mode? Trying to make a survivable flying squid. 

All global bonuses carry over, as well as any temporary effects from click powers or procs, provided that the proc's effect is not cancelled by the power it is slotted in being detoggled.

So a FF: +Recharge effect from a human attack or a Numina: +Regen/+Recovery effect from a click healing power will carry over, but the stealth bonus from a +Stealth IO in Sprint won't.

On 10/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, SableShrike said:

If it counts a “set bonus”, most things do carry over to Forms.  Fitness powers and IOs in them also carry over.

That said, there are a few like the Kismet +Accuracy IO that do NOT; they have to be in a power that’s turned on.  Generally these say “for 120 seconds” in their tooltip.

Gaussian’s +Build Up is another one that you need in Nova itself for it to work in that form.

TIL about Kismet. Noted

On 10/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, SableShrike said:

God damnit, ive been using it in inner light/sunless mire thinking it didnt work in nova. Downside is activating inner light or mire is easier to control if you want the damage buff to go over into dwarf.

I'm not the smartest about procs, but I'm pretty sure you get the most reliable firing off Gaussian in a click power with long recharge.

The weird exception to that is Tactics, as it seems to fire more often the more things Tactics is buffing.  i.e. on a full team Gaussian fires a lot if you have it in your Tactics.

That said, I'm pretty sure you can drop it in Nova and it has a chance to fire every so often while Nova is toggled on.  That chance is probably rather small in a toggle power that only affects you.

Not as reliable an activation as having it in Inner Light, though.

On 10/10/2020 at 8:00 AM, SableShrike said:

I have the Gaussians in Nova for my WS but I rarely see it proc, if ever.

I also have the Decimation version in Dark Nova Bolt and I see that showing in my stat bar now and again.

I'm not a numbers cruncher but I know what seems to be working.

I'd love to see the stats on this, though.