GFX settings reset everytime opening Launcher

zenblack

I retested this a few times today and I was able to get the advanced graphic settings to stick (like Desaturation or Depth of Field), but no matter what I try it keeps resetting my Refresh rate to 60. I have used my monitor's refresh rate (200) in the past and had no issues. Any reason why it would be doing this?

33 minutes ago, zenblack said:

I retested this a few times today and I was able to get the advanced graphic settings to stick (like Desaturation or Depth of Field), but no matter what I try it keeps resetting my Refresh rate to 60. I have used my monitor's refresh rate (200) in the past and had no issues. Any reason why it would be doing this?

I got nothin, sorry. Just checked mine and with the new launcher or old I stay at 144 refresh in settings.

Absolutely not tested and I noticed that only a fraction of the settings are even listed in the JSON, but this would be my guess based on how it's organized. Make sure to use quotations around the setting followed by a colon, a space, your setting, and a comma as that appears to be the format.

"screen": {
        "borderless": {
            "monitor": 0
        },
        "fsaa": 32,
        "fullscreen": 1,
        "gamma": 0.793475,
        "size": {
            "height": 1080,
            "width": 1920
        },

"refreshrate": 60,
        "vsync": 1
    },

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

So I attempted to place it manually as you suggested and it caused the game to want to reload the graphics settings when started (choosing Ultra or Recommended) I moved the Refresh rate entry to other likely placements and it had the same result. It's odd since in game it has both 144 and 200 for refresh options but the launcher will not save it when switched.

5 hours ago, zenblack said:

So I attempted to place it manually as you suggested and it caused the game to want to reload the graphics settings when started (choosing Ultra or Recommended) I moved the Refresh rate entry to other likely placements and it had the same result. It's odd since in game it has both 144 and 200 for refresh options but the launcher will not save it when switched.

Yeah, there's a lot of settings that I don't know if they were even controlled locally.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)